Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old September 17th, 2008, 01:34 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

Steering column new or used

Guys,
Need a steering column from steering wheel to firewall, just the column and sleeve for a 94 D-90. (note to self - don't beat on the column when trying to remove steering wheel bad idea). Preferable used cause I am cheap but in good condition. New I am getting a qoute of about $190 from RoversNorth. o....how hard are they to replace? I am think removal of steering surrond and turn singal cluster after pulling off wheel and sliding through firewall or...?
Thank you,
Clay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 17th, 2008, 01:53 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

You can change the inner shaft of the column without taking all that stuff apart. You'll just need to find a new column inner shaft.
I have some, but they are UK spec and have a different spline count for the steering wheel (an NAS wheel will not fit).

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old September 17th, 2008, 03:46 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

Fidel,
I put a TD5 leather wheel on the 94 and it seemed to work. But not sure of the difference. I should probably count the splins.

I shouls also mention that I bought the wheel out of Germany so maybe that is the difference. Do you have a rubberized A bar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR
You can change the inner shaft of the column without taking all that stuff apart. You'll just need to find a new column inner shaft.
I have some, but they are UK spec and have a different spline count for the steering wheel (an NAS wheel will not fit).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted