STC1695 300tdi #2 injector pipe - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old March 24th, 2016, 09:15 AM
Broncoduecer
peter
D90

STC1695 300tdi #2 injector pipe

Looking for a genuine STC1695 300tdi #2 injector pipe.
I've experimented with the other brand such as allmakes, birtpart, and bearmach but they aren't the same fit. The genuine ones are definitely made to a closer tolerance and fit perfectly. The nuts on the genuine also have some stamping markings on them that the aftermakets don't seem to.
Let me know if you have one.
Thanks,
Peter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 24th, 2016, 08:26 PM
Mybluett
Defenders Northwest
110SW
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
What is the issue? I've installed several genuine and aftermarket this year already and haven't had any problems. (no britpart however...)
Old March 24th, 2016, 09:25 PM
Broncoduecer
peter
D90

I originally got a britpart set and just holding the old genuine vs britpart side by side they were visibly different. Upon installation most of the issue came from where they seat into the injector. They were either out of orbit, like a pipe diameter off and sat on the outside of the injector end. Or it came in at an angle and didn't seat flush. By the time I got them right they didn't line up very well anymore with their neighboring pipe and the idiot clips couldn't be installed in the right places or in my case for 3 and 4 the clip wouldn't reach.
Genuine were no fuss at all.
Like right now I have a genuine 1 and britpart 2 and they're not very symmetrical to each other. What I have would probably work, but I'd like it to look like it did. I have a bearmach 2 that I haven't installed but holding it to the old genuine 2 I don't think it will be right. But I haven't tried putting it in yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	145845  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
300tdi, 95, tdi