Stainless bolt kits - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old October 6th, 2008, 04:46 PM
rayfi
Derek Moeller

Stainless bolt kits

Where is the best place to buy stainless bolt kits??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 6th, 2008, 07:21 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
The best thing to do is a search here (or scroll down to the "similar threads" heading) and look at the DIY stainless lists. There is enough info in them to identify the things you want to swap and the mcmaster part numbers so you can order the stuff yourself. IMO there is not an economical stainless kit on the market.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old October 6th, 2008, 09:53 PM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

I believe in the past several guys had joined together, bought larger quantities, and divied them up. But as Jim said, no cheap way- or economical way...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 6th, 2008, 10:00 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I was the guy that divvied them up. I got started doing it because when I ordered my own in bulk I was left with lots of extras. It took on a life of its own and I made more than 40 kits for people. I'd do it more often but its incredibly time consuming. One other guy here made some sets and was pretty annoyed at the learning curve.

Old October 6th, 2008, 10:27 PM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

would people be interested in kits?
Old October 7th, 2008, 12:48 AM
rayfi
Derek Moeller

I was talking to George at RDS and he suggested I try posting here before I try putting one together. Thanks for the info guys.
Old October 7th, 2008, 09:34 AM
stnmikita
Brian
1995 Defender SW

Hey Guys,

I'm interested in trying to put together a group buy/several kits. I'm as rookie as you can get but it looks like the pieces can only be ordered in large lots.
Old October 7th, 2008, 09:42 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

I would be in for a 110 interior kit.

Ron
Old October 7th, 2008, 02:27 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I never actually developed a list for a 110 interior kit.

Old October 7th, 2008, 05:39 PM
evilfij
evilfij

Ok, well I think you should do so give you have a 110 and order twice as much stuff so I can have one too. BTW please bring any spare SS bolts you have when you visit.
Old October 7th, 2008, 08:57 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I've got enough spares that we can put together a good setup for you Ron - I've got a lot. I will get to a list for the 110 in time, after all, I'll have to do my truck at some point.

Old October 7th, 2008, 09:03 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I had one of the Cheney interior and exterior kits for a 90 and they were the shiznit !

Never installed all of it and still keep the clear divider box in the truck (restocked several times over the years)

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old October 7th, 2008, 09:19 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Glad you were happy with those Doug - and I'm also glad you bought one of the later kits in the plastic box - I made little improvements each time I did a run. I'd like to do more and just have them around for people to purchase when they need them, but I just can't take the time to make them right now. Maybe this summer.

Old October 8th, 2008, 10:47 AM
evilfij
evilfij

Top notch!

Come on down.

Ron
Old October 8th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

Jim, do you have an updated inventory from the very helpfull spreadsheet you posted several years ago?
Old October 8th, 2008, 07:33 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I've made some refinements, but I've lost track of which version is which. Probably should have dated them. Plus my wife made some changes and we got our wires crossed.

The main problem with the list is that a couple of the line items are wrong - i.e. the list says "screw" and the part number is a "washer." - so it has to be double checked for accuracy. I think one place also has thin "jam" M6 nuts instead of the normal size nuts.

However, its helpful to have 5/16" jam nuts for the door hinge bolts that go through the door.

Old October 29th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Montgo1715
D Montgomery
1994 AA

I'm interested. Let me know if there's any traction.
Old October 29th, 2008, 07:10 PM
Mighty
mighty
epsom 110 & stornoway 90

id be in as well if it happens...
Old October 29th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

I have never really put together an interior kit, but I can put together hinge kits for 90's and 110's if you guys want. The kits I have put together come with new bonnet, door and safari door bolts as well as new captive J-nuts for the door jams. I can also put together chassis kits, rear cross-member to tub kits & spare tire carrier kits. I can do the hinge kits in orig posi drive, allen head or torx if you like.

D90 Hinge Kits
Posi $100
Allen $100
Torx $125

D110 Hinge Kits
Posi $125
Allen $125
Torx $160

Tub-Crossmember Kits
Orig. Hex $25
Torx $40

Chassis Kits
D90 $110 (I have one of these for sale right now that I'm practically giving away)
D110 $135

Spare Tire Carrier Kit $20

If I have enough people interested I will place an order and get them out, but I can't justify it for just a couple because of buying in bulk and shipping (these suckers get heavy).
Old October 29th, 2008, 08:00 PM
wicks
Wicks
97 Defender LE SW #44

Ppl can just order the exaact stuff they need at mcmaster-carr. Or order up the MudUK kit from EE or whatever.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
kit