Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old March 11th, 2014, 09:23 PM
peachyracer
Peter Stolz
My wifes '94 D90 POE #1500

Registry
Square Tail Lights

Hey guys,

I've searched the forum, but couldn't find any recent threads regarding square tail light replacements for my '94. I found lots of info for LED, but they're all round. I don't mind LED at all, but I for sure want to keep the square lights. Atlantic British has some but only for the right side and they're temporarily out of stock. I need both sides.

My specific problem is the bulb holders are shot and the rubber grommet/liner/lens holder thingies are a little messed up. Those are probably serviceable yet, but the bulb holders are shot.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 11th, 2014, 09:42 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
from a non-purist to a purist, if you have no luck finding new, buy me an LED conversion kit and you can have my rust free ones. just throwing it out there since Z got me all spun up on the idea.

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Old March 11th, 2014, 09:59 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
There are no 1994 LED style lights in 12 V, only 24 Volt. We just spoke about it in another thread a week or two ago. There are of course LED bulbs that you can put in your current housings.

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=51947
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 12th, 2014, 12:21 AM
aka rover
ed angel
95 D90

Registry
I have a new right side for sale in the parts section missing the red lens . I had a heck of a time finding mine and didn't end up needing the right side.

Ed
67 NADA diesel tremec 4spd salisbury rear springs on front and a LOT MORE TO GO.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old March 12th, 2014, 06:49 AM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

They are available from UK GM, forget the part number, sorry. Not cheap, but if you want new the only alternative I have found.
I have one pretty decent set, about an 8-9/10, PAm if interested.

Old March 14th, 2014, 02:44 PM
peachyracer
Peter Stolz
My wifes '94 D90 POE #1500

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
There are no 1994 LED style lights in 12 V, only 24 Volt. We just spoke about it in another thread a week or two ago. There are of course LED bulbs that you can put in your current housings.

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=51947
Wow, this making my head spin. Where can I find the LED bulbs for the current housing? do they come with their own socket? Cuz mine are shot. I looked on MUD UK and didn't see anything.

From an ignorant POV, is it possible to step the 12v current up to 24v and use 24v LED style lights that are currently in production?

Old March 14th, 2014, 02:54 PM
aka rover
ed angel
95 D90

Registry
Has anyone confirmed the above 24v LEDs won't work at 12v . I say this because most LEDs are 9-32 volt if I remember . Just a thought I know most LED light bars , off-road lights that are LED are 9-32 volts .

Ed
67 NADA diesel tremec 4spd salisbury rear springs on front and a LOT MORE TO GO.

Old March 14th, 2014, 02:57 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

pilfrer

94s have the same innerds as the Rabo/Trucklight GM 3 cluster set up that come on work trucks with "Reading Beds" aftermarket workbeds etc. Look on ebay as I got a set and then pilferred the bulb holders and a bonus was the reflectors behind the bulbs that I could just pop right in making my lights more visable to drivers behind me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachyracer View Post
Hey guys,

I've searched the forum, but couldn't find any recent threads regarding square tail light replacements for my '94. I found lots of info for LED, but they're all round. I don't mind LED at all, but I for sure want to keep the square lights. Atlantic British has some but only for the right side and they're temporarily out of stock. I need both sides.

My specific problem is the bulb holders are shot and the rubber grommet/liner/lens holder thingies are a little messed up. Those are probably serviceable yet, but the bulb holders are shot.

Thanks!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
ht, lights, tail lights