Someone to galvanize things for me - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old October 20th, 2008, 05:17 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Someone to galvanize things for me

I will travel within 2 hours of philadelphia. Need a bulkhead and new t-pieces galvanized. All parts are new and in primer.
Advertisement

Old October 20th, 2008, 06:25 PM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

I've got a few frames and looking for additional items to maximize the weight cost. Probably too far though, unless you have a source for shipping.
Old October 20th, 2008, 06:49 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I was planning on using Voigt & Schweitzer in Perth Amboy. Randy says he used them on his bulkhead and stuff and was satisfied. They're less than an hour and a half from you. I don't have myself organized yet to get anything done. I don't know what prep they offer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 20th, 2008, 06:49 PM
evilfij
evilfij

No source for shipping other than by LWB hence the 2 hour range.

JimC, I was hoping you would join in. I am working to free your frame.

Ron
Old October 20th, 2008, 07:37 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Yes, they are great. Ron, I will be doing stuff shortly as well. and I may take you up on borrowing that rad for a few months....
Old October 20th, 2008, 07:44 PM
evilfij
evilfij

Randy,

Please feel free to email me evilfij at yahoo

If you are willing to coordinate getting the bulkhead and t-pieces to the galvanizer, I would drive up with them and the rad and then when everything was done I would come and pick it all back up.

Ron
Old October 20th, 2008, 07:52 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I would like to get in, but so far I've got no one lined up for prep - Randy, do they do blasting?

I'll work a few hours this weekend freeing parts up if necessary. I've got stuff I really want to send.

Old October 21st, 2008, 03:36 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I have a blaster guy right near me. about 5 min away... Ron, your stuff would need to be blasted as well.
Old October 21st, 2008, 03:39 PM
evilfij
evilfij

Sure of course. Shoot me an email with your phone number and we can coordinate this.

Ron
Old October 21st, 2008, 04:03 PM
rmuller
Ryan
1966 S2a 88" | 2006 LR3

Randy -- have you had cappings galvanized by this guy yet?
1966 Series IIa "Olive"
2001 Discovery II
2006 LR3 HSE7

Past: 1994 Defender 90 #416, 2001 Discovery II
Old October 21st, 2008, 04:23 PM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
hmm makes me want to do all my chassis work @ bens place...probably won't happen though

it'd be nice to take my bulkhead somewhere that can really be trusted. I'll likely be in NJ early november with a suburban and a trailer.

got some axles to pick up down by the shore but I could maybe hit main line on the way up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmuller
Randy -- have you had cappings galvanized by this guy yet?
Old October 21st, 2008, 05:00 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I'm pulling some parts this weekend. Randy - can I drop them at your place?

Old October 21st, 2008, 05:04 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Jim what parts do you have?
Old October 21st, 2008, 05:07 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Stuff from SD roll cages, just the short parts that go under the body. A-pillar support, rear crossmember-to-cage tube etc. Is this OK?

Old October 27th, 2008, 09:51 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Hey, I got some stuff pulled together, not too much, maybe 40 pounds tops. All in fresh e-coat from factory, needs to be shot. Is this think still a go?

Old November 2nd, 2008, 09:47 AM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Let me know if you guys decide to do a few parts... I may have some things as well.
Old November 2nd, 2008, 10:44 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Lets do this, but we need to coordinate it kind of tightly I think.

I'm picking up a bulkhead this coming weekend I want galvanized so I'm accumulating a pile.

The way I see it we have several steps to complete:
1) Getting parts consolidated
2) Coordinating the sandblasting
3) Parts drop-off/pick up

The problem with my schedule is that I'm never in NY/NJ on weekdays, I couldn't take stuff to the galvanizer any sooner than, like, January.

The sandblaster is right near Randy, but I don't know if you (Randy) need anything blasted nor do I know if you have the time or inclination to shuttle parts to/from the sandblaster and to/from the galvanizer.

Any input on how we might make this all happen would be welcome.

Old November 2nd, 2008, 03:35 PM
evilfij
evilfij

I have a bulkhead and t-pieces I need to get done. The rest I am ok with painting.
Old November 2nd, 2008, 07:37 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I can get you guys to the right people to do everything but im just pressed for time right now and can not do any part moving. The baby and work has me all locked up. let me know what you want to do.
Old November 2nd, 2008, 07:49 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I can make a run somewhere the day after thanksgiving I think. Ron, if you can get your stuff up north, to my place or Randy's, I could drop off at the sandblaster on the aforementioned day after Turkey. I can probably arrange to have my dad take all the stuff down to V&S sometime in December. Whenever its done, he could pick it back up and then I could bring Ron's stuff down to him when I make my yearly pilgrimage to his place. Randy, you could pick your stuff up at my house any time. I'm up by the Woodbury Commons and Harriman park, exit 16 off 87 north.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted