Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old January 31st, 2011, 03:15 PM
APaden
Anthony Paden
Help me fill this please!

San Diego help please...? Looking at a LR3

Hi,

I am not sure if this should be posted in this section but I figured it was the best section for what I am looking for. I am looking at a LR3 that is located in San Diego, area code 92108. I can get more details as to where it is exactly located but I am Seattle and would like to ask someone to check it out for me before I try and purchase anything I havent seen.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Anthony
anthony.paden@gmail.com

Seattle, WA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 31st, 2011, 04:08 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

check

Anthony,
You can call William or Dave at Premier Rover and ask them if what they would charge to check out the car. Their phone is 858 344 4455 and you can work it out with them on how to get the truck to their shop.
Regards,
CD
Old January 31st, 2011, 04:56 PM
APaden
Anthony Paden

CD great help, thanks!!!

Seattle, WA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 31st, 2011, 05:26 PM
d90boy
keith humphreys
aka: Mr Fancy Pants

Registry
or you have these guys: http://www.thebritishgarage.com/
Old January 31st, 2011, 06:43 PM
navydevildoc
Neill Thornton
1984 D90 300 Tdi / 1965 Series IIA
Site Team

Registry
Was just at Premier today with the new Tdi, great guys as always. So consider that 2 votes for them.

I would offer to look at it, but with something as complex as an LR3 you are better taking it to a pro. If it were a D90 I would do it for you no problem.

92108 is Mission Valley, which is just south of Premier Rover and TBG, so I can't think it would be too hard to get it to either of them.
Old January 31st, 2011, 07:17 PM
APaden
Anthony Paden

Thanks for all the help!!!

Seattle, WA

Old February 1st, 2011, 01:58 AM
surf110
Ze
130 Project

So you bought a d90? Where are the photos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by navydevildoc View Post
Was just at Premier today with the new Tdi, great guys as always. So consider that 2 votes for them.

I would offer to look at it, but with something as complex as an LR3 you are better taking it to a pro. If it were a D90 I would do it for you no problem.

92108 is Mission Valley, which is just south of Premier Rover and TBG, so I can't think it would be too hard to get it to either of them.
Old February 2nd, 2011, 05:28 PM
APaden
Anthony Paden

I am not too worried about the truck mechanically I am just really looking for someone to just check it out to make sure it exists and is not some sort of scam.

Here is the link to the truck...
http://www.landrovertraderonline.com...s.php?id=16747

Thanks
Anthony

------ Follow up post added February 2nd, 2011 05:49 PM ------

And do you guys believe this to be a good deal? I know it's kind of silly with the flash light and all but I figured this was a good start to build it up a bit...

Seattle, WA

Old February 2nd, 2011, 06:15 PM
navydevildoc
Neill Thornton
Site Team

Registry
Wow... it looks just like mine! It's not the same truck of course, but it's also strange that someone that has a truck this built up isn't part of the local rover club.

If you want me to go take a look, just let me know. Mission Valley is a 10 minute drive from the casa. From the looks of it, it's at least in San Diego. Right terrain, plants in the background, house style, etc.
Old February 2nd, 2011, 07:07 PM
APaden
Anthony Paden

From talking to him it seems like he's one of the people who bought it for the looks. I think all the parts were installed by land rover for promotional reasons. You can see the 'special vehicle' tag on the back. I mean, who installs a flash light holder? (sorry if anyone has done that, I just keep mine in the glove box)

------ Follow up post added February 2nd, 2011 07:10 PM ------

Do you think it's a decent deal?

Seattle, WA

Old February 2nd, 2011, 07:52 PM
genie90
Jay Geaney
1994 D-90 ST #282

projectiles!

Looks like a nice rig- good luck with the purchase. Pardon my inexperience with LR3's, but what are the wooden looking boxes behind the 2nd row headrests? They look like projectiles to me!

Regards,

Jay
'94 D-90 #282
Old February 2nd, 2011, 11:29 PM
navydevildoc
Neill Thornton
Site Team

Registry
Well, first off it's way lower than what I would think it's worth. My '05 HSE LR3 with 120,000 miles is 22k blue book. That's without all the goodies such as the ARB bumper and winch, roof rack, raised air intake, etc.

I can tell you just by looking it has the bi-xenon adaptive headlamps, low line stereo, low line climate control (so no rear AC), and most likely will not have navigation... but it says it does in the ad. It does have the cold climate "arctic rated" package with heated seats, washer jets, and front windscreen. I get leery when the guy says it has an "upgraded sound system"... that's the low line radio head unit, and the entertainment system runs over a fiber optic data bus. So if something has been "hacked in" to that, expect headaches later on. Only a visual eyes-on inspection will tell. Same with the rear locker, which is a factory option and can only be determined by looking underneath.

The 05s in general had some issues, almost all of the trucks out there have had them fixed via warranty and recall. Air suspension compressors, fuel tanks, tailgate struts, etc. Once everything gets replaced with the new designed parts, it's fine. My truck is almost to 120,000 miles and the largest problem I have dealt with was replacing the thermostat. That's with me taking it into the dirt at least once a month, and driving it like a raped ape. Sport mode is my friend, gas mileage be damned!

I don't know what's up with the wooden boxes, those need to go.

I also doubt this was done officially by Land Rover. There are a few special edition LR3s out there, mainly the G4 edition. Land Rover would NEVER put an ARB bumper on one and then sell it. It would have had the official A bar with the winch tray.

If you want me and Josh (crash303) to go take a look at it, let me know.
Old February 3rd, 2011, 03:04 PM
APaden
Anthony Paden

He asked me for your number so I don't know if you could PM me it or email it to me. I also asked him for his number so you could call him directly if that is better. I appreciate the help so much as I could not even think about buying itnwithout your help!

Anthony.paden@gmail.com

------ Follow up post added February 3rd, 2011 03:20 PM ------

His number is 619.778.2456 and his name is Hoss. I told him you would be contacting him. Thanks again!!!

Seattle, WA

Old February 3rd, 2011, 04:07 PM
GYM
Gary
97 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by APaden View Post
Hi,

I am not sure if this should be posted in this section but I figured it was the best section for what I am looking for. I am looking at a LR3 that is located in San Diego, area code 92108. I can get more details as to where it is exactly located but I am Seattle and would like to ask someone to check it out for me before I try and purchase anything I havent seen.
Didn't you have a D-90 LE a year or two back?
Old February 3rd, 2011, 04:45 PM
APaden
Anthony Paden

Yup, and I should have never sold it.

Seattle, WA

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
lr3, san diego