Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old October 23rd, 2014, 06:38 PM
85Red110
Kent
1985 110 3-door

Registry
ROW 110 Tailgate Hinges, latches, Pins, Cables

All,

I have a NTO tailgate for my 110 (thanks for donating, Pendy!), but still need all of the hinges, latches, pins, cables, etc. for it. I have no hardware to mount the tailgate, and I do not much care whether I mount in in the drop down configuration, or the side opening configuration. Either way will work, but I just need to get it mounted. If anyone has the complete set of hardware for one or the other configuration, please let me know.

Thanks,

Kent
Advertisement

Old October 23rd, 2014, 07:29 PM
tomaco1
T.mac
83 110

Registry
I think I have some pieces laying around in my office pm me in the AM Ill take a look
Old October 23rd, 2014, 07:41 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
If you go side swing, all you need is an ati-luce pin and backing plate, and one of the round eyelets on the tailgate. Only go side swing if you intend to put a spare tire carrier on it though - a drop down tailgate is quite useful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 23rd, 2014, 07:45 PM
85Red110
Kent
1985 110 3-door

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalpin View Post
If you go side swing, all you need is an ati-luce pin and backing plate, and one of the round eyelets on the tailgate. Only go side swing if you intend to put a spare tire carrier on it though - a drop down tailgate is quite useful.
SafariHP was kind enough to pledge a swing-away spare tire carrier, so I will be mounting the spare back there as soon as it arrives. I would prefer the tailgate to drop instead of swing open to the side though, as it would be more useful that way. Any reason why it must be side opening with the spare carrier back there? If I go with side opening though, I will need the half of the hinges that mount on the tailgate itself along with the antiluse pin and backing plate.

Kent
Old October 23rd, 2014, 08:40 PM
D110DC
Pete
66 SIIA, 70 IIA, 97 D90

Registry
Kent,

I have everything you need with new hardware for a drop down tailgate (from Rovers North never used) if T doesn't find it. Let me know.

Pete

1966 ECR Series IIA
1970 Series IIA (Stella)
1997 D90 ST
2011 LR4 HSE
2010 Range Rover Supercharged

Sadly gone (some more sadly than others):
1983 D110 Double Cab 300 TDi
1989 RRC
1996 D1
2006 LR3
2008 RR
Old October 25th, 2014, 08:26 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85Red110 View Post
SafariHP was kind enough to pledge a swing-away spare tire carrier, so I will be mounting the spare back there as soon as it arrives.
Sweet, what kind?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85Red110 View Post
Any reason why it must be side opening with the spare carrier back there? If I go with side opening though, I will need the half of the hinges that mount on the tailgate itself along with the antiluse pin and backing plate.

Kent
Most side swing tire carriers mount to the tailgate as well as the body so you have to go side swing. There are some that mount to a big joint/mount with bearing in them but they usually mount to the rear crossmember or a bumper, and even then you have to swing open the tire carrier before being able to open the gate which i a pita.

I can check my stash to see if I have any hinge bits or other parts that might help here but it sounds like you need to pick a direction first.
Old October 25th, 2014, 10:14 PM
85Red110
Kent
1985 110 3-door

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by D110DC View Post
Kent,

I have everything you need with new hardware for a drop down tailgate (from Rovers North never used) if T doesn't find it. Let me know.

Pete
Thanks! I would prefer the drop down configuration, but it all depends on the type of spare carrier SafariHP is sending. Just playing the waiting game right now.

Kent

------ Follow up post added October 25th, 2014 10:18 PM ------

Quote:
Sweet, what kind?

Most side swing tire carriers mount to the tailgate as well as the body so you have to go side swing. There are some that mount to a big joint/mount with bearing in them but they usually mount to the rear crossmember or a bumper, and even then you have to swing open the tire carrier before being able to open the gate which i a pita.

I can check my stash to see if I have any hinge bits or other parts that might help here but it sounds like you need to pick a direction first.
I guess either way I will need an antiluce pin and mounting plate. However, I'm considering just pulling the hinges and latch off the rear SW door I still have and using them. I'm doubtful anyone is going to want that door, even though it comes with two brand new sections of channel to repair the bottom ..... (cough, cough)

Kent
Old October 26th, 2014, 12:55 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
Site Team

Registry
Let's look at my NAS tailgate together before going in that direction to be sure. Iirc the latch differs but if not then I guess it's just a few holes and you already have the striker etc.
Old October 26th, 2014, 02:03 PM
85Red110
Kent
1985 110 3-door

Registry
Quote:
Let's look at my NAS tailgate together before going in that direction to be sure. Iirc the latch differs but if not then I guess it's just a few holes and you already have the striker etc.
Time is of the essence. I will be making another trip to Gore the weekend of the 7th-9th, and would like the tailgate installed by then. If I have to, I will cannibalize the SW door since nobody wants the stinkin' thing anyways. However, if I don't have the correct soft top for the truck by then it may be a moot point, as I'll be sleeping in a tent on the ground instead of in the bed of the truck like I wanted to :/

Apart from Brewie busting his ass on the cage, I've been having the worst luck getting past that "98% finished" hump that the truck has been stuck at the past few weeks.
Old October 26th, 2014, 06:39 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
Site Team

Registry
Honestly at this point I wouldn't rush it. The rednecks won't notice the difference with or without the tailgate, and if they do, you'll fit in better anyway.

But I can lend you everything needed to go swing down for now (from my series) and you can figure it out later.
Old October 26th, 2014, 06:47 PM
85Red110
Kent
1985 110 3-door

Registry
Quote:
Honestly at this point I wouldn't rush it. The rednecks won't notice the difference with or without the tailgate, and if they do, you'll fit in better anyway.

But I can lend you everything needed to go swing down for now (from my series) and you can figure it out later.
This isn't the usual party in Gore. It won't be the rednecks and Roverheads I'm trying to impress with the truck this time. This trip the truck will serve it's other purpose in my life, if you know what I mean. (Read: panty dropping) For this, I'd prefer the truck to at least LOOK complete....

But for you Rover and offroading purists, don't worry.... I will still be wheeling and making the Jeep guys drool.
Old October 26th, 2014, 06:57 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
Site Team

Registry
Pantry dropping...why didn't you say so! All hands on deck, important business here. LOL

Send me a picture of what you have and I'll bring everything else you need to work with me Tuesday.

That's gets you at least semi finished looking. Let's hope the weather is good :D
Old October 26th, 2014, 08:45 PM
steinhnj
Neil Steinhagen
1990 Perentie GS

My version of semi-finished. See the wood grain? This was right before the "British by the Sea". Piece of plywood and can of Krylon Olive Drab.

I'm still running my homemade hinges on the crossmember made out of 2" by 2" angle iron.

Btw, I bought the full rear door seal which I cut down. Still have enough to do another tailgate. Give me an address and I'll send it your way.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tailgate.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	251.8 KB
ID:	105768   Click image for larger version

Name:	tailgate2.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	234.9 KB
ID:	105769  

Old October 26th, 2014, 09:10 PM
85Red110
Kent
1985 110 3-door

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by steinhnj View Post
My version of semi-finished. See the wood grain? This was right before the "British by the Sea". Piece of plywood and can of Krylon Olive Drab.

I'm still running my homemade hinges on the crossmember made out of 2" by 2" angle iron.

Btw, I bought the full rear door seal which I cut down. Still have enough to do another tailgate. Give me an address and I'll send it your way.
Sounds great, thanks!

Kent
Old October 27th, 2014, 12:15 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
Site Team

Registry
Neil, I love it, and the hinges look perfect!
Old November 1st, 2014, 05:05 PM
85Red110
Kent
1985 110 3-door

Registry
Bump to the top. Running out of time. If anyone has the hardware for a drop down tailgate, I need it ASAP and will pay money for it.

Please PM me. I need ALL pieces of hardware. Hinges, strips, cables, latches. I literally have only the panel. I say again, I will pay for your hardware. I know someone must have this laying around. If not, I'll be buying it all brand new from a vendor on Monday morning.

Kent
Old November 1st, 2014, 05:35 PM
C391HAT
Zach
86 110

You can borrow my side swing set up if you'd like
Old November 1st, 2014, 06:24 PM
Mybluett
Defenders Northwest
110SW
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
New in stock, but no used parts laying about… These tend to get snatched up when they do come up used.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
110, tailgate