Roll bar wanted please. - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old July 2nd, 2016, 04:22 PM
tzbmcp
Tyler
110 LHD 3dr

Roll bar wanted please.

Looking for roll bar for my 3 door 110. Missed the roll cage SD group buy (ideally want the full cage but the roll bar will do)

Have seen a few of these available, hoping someone might have one they'd like to part with, used or new. Think similar or same installed on ex-mods.

SD part number: RBL1224SNS

Land Rover 110 One Ten Soft Top 4 Point Bolt-in Roll Cage | Safety Devices – Experts In Automotive Safety Solutions

Please let me know if you have one laying around the barn, garage, yard, field, on an old truck etc., collecting dust that you'd like to move on to a new home.

Thanks and happy 4th.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 2nd, 2016, 07:35 PM
rdavisinva
Robert Davis
N/A

I have 1 X-mod roll bar used OEM 109 Military $800 + shipping.

Uncle "Richard" Douglas has a Land Rover with big wheels that never gets stuck... until he breaks something so it won't go. Uncle Douglas always breaks something. - Anna Crowther at the Conclave 2012 (AKA Carburetor Neck)

"What's with this death wobble, Uncle Douglas, I can't keep it in 1 lane?"
UD: "Just Power through it man!"
Old July 2nd, 2016, 09:53 PM
BlackField
Oscar
D110

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdavisinva View Post
I have 1 X-mod roll bar used OEM 109 Military $800 + shipping.
Do you have a pic?
Advertisement

Old July 7th, 2016, 01:29 PM
tzbmcp
Tyler
110 LHD 3dr

BUMP

These can be had new from UK shipped for around $600. Hoping someone might have used cheaper option in the US.

Thanks
Old July 7th, 2016, 01:58 PM
jafir
Jafir Elkurd
Flaky Green 198something ex-mod 90

Registry
I thought Erik said the was extended until Friday.
Old July 7th, 2016, 08:53 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
He definitely did. Buy new!
Old July 7th, 2016, 09:11 PM
Naplm00
Matthew
1983 110 200tdi 3 door soft top

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzbmcp View Post
Looking for roll bar for my 3 door 110. Missed the roll cage SD group buy (ideally want the full cage but the roll bar will do)

Have seen a few of these available, hoping someone might have one they'd like to part with, used or new. Think similar or same installed on ex-mods.

SD part number: RBL1224SNS

Land Rover 110 One Ten Soft Top 4 Point Bolt-in Roll Cage | Safety Devices €“ Experts In Automotive Safety Solutions

Please let me know if you have one laying around the barn, garage, yard, field, on an old truck etc., collecting dust that you'd like to move on to a new home.

Thanks and happy 4th.

Fyi this style of bar can also be used with a truck cab, but you need to cut off the seat belt shoulder bars.

Also depending on your capping type, you may need to drill out the capping for the bar to fit through
Old July 7th, 2016, 09:20 PM
tzbmcp
Tyler
110 LHD 3dr

Really need the seatbelt option. Right now no anchor point with the hoopset on the truck. Seatbelt bar would also work. What else am I not thinking of? Recall there was a fixed point on the bulkhead of my Ser III.
Old July 7th, 2016, 09:25 PM
Naplm00
Matthew
1983 110 200tdi 3 door soft top

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzbmcp View Post
Really need the seatbelt option. Right now no anchor point with the hoopset on the truck. Seatbelt bar would also work. What else am I not thinking of? Recall there was a fixed point on the bulkhead of my Ser III.
Yea not saying you have to. I actually just cut mine off and RE welded them on so both would fit. Consequently the truck cab is long gone
Old September 5th, 2016, 06:57 PM
Uk4x4fan
Tom Bache
2008 L322

Anyone with comments voer SD cage vs P&P cage? Which is easier to install? Any caveats?
Recently read a thread about installing a cage and how it turned out. Can't find in the search box now. Someone in VA has installed a few? Could you PM me? I am not an artist with the die grinder...
Old September 6th, 2016, 06:39 AM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uk4x4fan View Post
Anyone with comments voer SD cage vs P&P cage? Which is easier to install? Any caveats? Recently read a thread about installing a cage and how it turned out. Can't find in the search box now. Someone in VA has installed a few? Could you PM me? I am not an artist with the die grinder...
Don, on this forum installed a P&P. You should PM him for his thoughts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old September 6th, 2016, 07:50 AM
Ash
Ash Heller
6.0 LS 110
D-90 Source Vendor

I did a P&P on a build a while back and was really unimpressed with the components. In my opinion it's much more for looks than safety. The SD is a much, much better system both in the way it fits the truck and the level of protection offered.

-Ash

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

352-572-3236

Old September 6th, 2016, 08:08 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Was it the size/type of the tubing used by P&P, its thickness that didn't work for you, or was it the quality of the cuts etc?
Old September 6th, 2016, 08:50 AM
Ash
Ash Heller
6.0 LS 110
D-90 Source Vendor

My biggest complaint wasn't the tubing itself, but its integration to the truck. Even the best built cage is useless if the frame tie-ins are poor, and that's where the P&P fell short. I actually took a bunch of comparison pictures as I had both a P&P and an SD cage at the time, but I can't seem to find them anywhere. Going off memory:

On the A-pillar tie-in, you've got the 4 hole pad that sits atop the fender and bolts to a lower leg that runs down to the bulkhead outrigger. The P&P uses four M8 bolts at the fender, then a single vertical M8 that connects the lower leg to a C-shaped piece that attaches to the outrigger. In my opinion that is too far of a run and too much leverage against a single bolt. In comparison, the SD cage uses four M10 bolts at the fender, and the lower leg fastens to both the firewall using four M8 bolts, and the chassis outrigger with an additional M10 bolt.

The C-pillar mount (assuming we're talking 110's here) on the P&P is this weird 45-degree angled piece that just bolts into the top of the fender box, which is very thin aluminum, and doesn't offer much by way of support. SD has a pretty nice clamp that mounts to the T-post which, while not nearly as strong as a proper frame tie-in, is still substantially stronger than what P&P did.

At the D-pillar the P&P mounts to the rear crossmember similar to the SD, but it uses another one of those funky 45-degree pieces in the cab of the truck that bolts through to the crossmember tie-in. The SD uses a vertical leg that won't deflect under load like the P&P would.

There were a few other nuances but overall the SD is a much better product in my eyes. I won't use another P&P.

-Ash

352-572-3236

Old September 6th, 2016, 10:26 AM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
My P&P install was for a 3dr 110 with a soft top. It is just the rear section (from the B pillar to the back). My plan is to eventually make a front roll bar section for the cab section.

The B pillar section is pretty solid IMO. It does contact a 45 deg (ish) part of the tub. On the backside another support that attaches to the outrigger of the frame. I agree with ASH that the bolts P&P uses are on the small side. I went up one size as the holes for the brackets were pretty large anyway for adjustability. It was an extra hassle but worth it.

The "C" piller attaches to the capping in the center of the tub. The NAS 90 ST does this as well. P&P also has cross tubing for support. Makes climbing in from the side a little tougher for the kids. I went up to M8 hardware to attach these pieces to the tub.

The D pillar needed an extra couple of pieces. The top part attaches to the tub caping and then there are tubed piece that goes from the rear cross member and attaches to the side floor of the tub. First the attachment to the cross member I made and exterior plate so as not to crush the cross member plates when tightening the M10 bolts (P&P specs M8's). I also made a plate and some square tube to insert into the pockets of the tub. These stiffen up the door hinges and latch a lot. And the bottom piece attaches to the plate. I have a bunch of picture in my build thread.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
roll bar, wanted