Rock Sliders 110, Pretty or Not, for Ex-Mod - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old January 6th, 2014, 07:06 PM
spammer
Samdford Wallace
95 RRC LWB / 86 Tithnous

Rock Sliders 110, Pretty or Not, for Ex-Mod

I need a starting point for some custom fabrication for my ex-mod. I'd like to keep my jerry can lockers and have sliders as well. I'm thinking of starting with the Mantec ones that Rovers North sells. I' have decided to start with some simple, no tree sliders, squarish sliders. Then I will have someone make room for the lockers since I have no experience with welding or fabricating things.

I'd prefer to start with a used pair if anyone has any.

Also, I'd love ideas on how to fabricate these so they don't look lame. Any suggestions welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 6th, 2014, 07:23 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

I've thought about this a lot. You're definitely making the right choice by not hacking up your can lockers. There's definitely a hole in the market for ex-MOD-compatible sliders. I had originally intended to run my truck up by Matt's place (RockWare) when I lived in Colorado Springs but got too busy with the move and never did. I'm quite confident that he could build them but he would need a truck to pattern them from.

Don't waste your time with the Mantecs. They do have that classic Camel Trophy look but they are complete pieces of shit. The tolerances are horrible. The pair I got didn't even fit my NAS truck without smashing into the sill. They're also not very stout.

I'm working on a couple of ideas to get something made up locally. If it pans out, perhaps I will have a few sets made up to sell on the board.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/
/
Old January 6th, 2014, 07:27 PM
spammer
Samdford Wallace
95 RRC LWB / 86 Tithnous

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris snell View Post
I've thought about this a lot. You're definitely making the right choice by not hacking up your can lockers. There's definitely a hole in the market for ex-MOD-compatible sliders. I had originally intended to run my truck up by Matt's place (RockWare) when I lived in Colorado Springs but got too busy with the move and never did. I'm quite confident that he could build them but he would need a truck to pattern them from.

Don't waste your time with the Mantecs. They do have that classic Camel Trophy look but they are complete pieces of shit. The tolerances are horrible. The pair I got didn't even fit my NAS truck without smashing into the sill. They're also not very stout.

I'm working on a couple of ideas to get something made up locally. If it pans out, perhaps I will have a few sets made up to sell on the board.
That would be cool. I'm hoping to find a good option before the end of March. May have to get a talented local to build them for me. Thanks for the input.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
110, mod, slide