Rear Seat Belt Brackets - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old June 25th, 2010, 02:42 PM
founD90
Dr. Gonzo
1994 D90 #48

Rear Seat Belt Brackets

Looking for the rear seat belt brackets for a front facing bench seat - or a recommendation for fabricated alternatives that can be created with simple hand tools....

I'm thinking of buying generic new seat belts and retrofitting with correct brackets.

Thanks

Jerod
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 7th, 2010, 10:35 AM
founD90
Dr. Gonzo
1994 D90 #48

Bump!
Old July 7th, 2010, 10:45 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Jerod, sadly can't help here, but digging the updated username!

Username "ron" has/had the plans for the rear bench brackets which may include the seatbelts that he may be able to send you.

-Josh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 7th, 2010, 11:50 AM
jefhuf
Jeff Huff
'94 D90 ST #655
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Jerod, I got a set of Disco belts from Will Tillery (Rover Guy) and am in the process of fabbing a set of seat and belt brackets. I hope to be done in another week or two and am actually making an extra set that I may be willing to part with, for a small fee of course!
Old July 7th, 2010, 11:53 AM
founD90
Dr. Gonzo
1994 D90 #48

Jeff - you have PM.
Old July 7th, 2010, 12:01 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefhuf View Post
Jerod, I got a set of Disco belts from Will Tillery (Rover Guy) and am in the process of fabbing a set of seat and belt brackets.

Did you get the full Disco 1 set (rear floor-mounted seat belts - female ends) and the rest that mounts to the cage? I forget, but I think the floor-mounted are shorter than the Defender ones, but other than that the rest (aside from color variations) is about the same as what came in our Defenders.
Old July 7th, 2010, 12:06 PM
founD90
Dr. Gonzo
1994 D90 #48

I know draaron has some Disco 1 front belts he said should work fine with the D-90 rear brackets.
Old July 7th, 2010, 12:17 PM
jefhuf
Jeff Huff
'94 D90 ST #655
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I got the rear Disco I belts that are floor mounted. And yes, they are grey/black pattern instead of all black like the Defenders...I did not get any brackets other than those that are sewn into the belts. My truck never had a bench seat or belts installed so I am making the following brackets:

Seat mounting brackets (front pivots for bench)
Rear center "Y" belt mount -- mounts from below as there is no capture nut on my truck for the bolt
Bottom seat belt side mount -- toying with design of either a taller version of the Defender bracket made from steel angle or a side wall mount with backing plate
Machined roll bar spacer for top belt mount
Seat belt retractor mount -- mounts to bolt where roll bar meets the tub near the speaker enclosure

I have been tinkering with different heights and am trying to come up with brackets that will allow a "bolt in" application for Disco belts in the Defender.

Josh, you need some too?
Old July 7th, 2010, 12:24 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
I think I'll be getting some D1 belts soon (mine function but are broken), but my truck is already set up for belts in the back with brackets, etc. (you can usually check www.car-parts.com too).

My belts broke at the rollers (the white rollers that look like the thing you push through your toilet paper roll). Doesn't look like that can be fixed, so still toying with what I'm going to do.
Old July 7th, 2010, 12:44 PM
ron
Ron
1994 NAS Defender 90

disco rear centers are shorter but will work. since you are doing the install you can position them closer to the seat.
i do have a nice drawing if you want to fab them.
Old July 12th, 2010, 10:10 AM
Barr
Brandt Barr
1994 D90

Rear seat bitch

Jerod did you find the rear seat belt brackets Im looking for some too for my 94 d90 also the belts ??????
Old July 12th, 2010, 10:14 AM
founD90
Dr. Gonzo
1994 D90 #48

Not yet! I've been talking to 'Jefhuf' (see above post) about using disco belts and having the brackets fabricated. Jeff might want to consider this a business opportunity : - )

Will report progress as it happens~
Old July 12th, 2010, 11:18 AM
jefhuf
Jeff Huff
'94 D90 ST #655
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
some of the parts for the brackets can be fabricated with "common tools" and some 1/8" or 1/4" angle...however other parts require the work of a machine shop. I am currently discussing the "business opportunity" of this with my machinist but would be interested in hearing how much interest there would be in these as he is currently reluctant because they are essentially one offs for me right now.

For those interested, I am currently making the front bench seat brackets that mount the seat to the floor along with seat belt mounting brackets for Disco belts. I would assume that Defender belts would work perfectly fine with these brackets as those belts are just a little longer.
Old July 15th, 2010, 03:31 PM
MikeRuby
Mike Ruby
'95 D90 #2523

bracket interest...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefhuf View Post
some of the parts for the brackets can be fabricated with "common tools" and some 1/8" or 1/4" angle...however other parts require the work of a machine shop. I am currently discussing the "business opportunity" of this with my machinist but would be interested in hearing how much interest there would be in these as he is currently reluctant because they are essentially one offs for me right now.

For those interested, I am currently making the front bench seat brackets that mount the seat to the floor along with seat belt mounting brackets for Disco belts. I would assume that Defender belts would work perfectly fine with these brackets as those belts are just a little longer.
I'd be in for a whole set... but especially the more technically difficult seat front mount...
Old July 15th, 2010, 03:46 PM
DMSLongLake
Dave Sherwood
1994 D90 ST

Registry
Anyone paid a visit to a speed shop to see if some custom belts could be made? Given they would be fixed and not retracting...but would keep the urchins nailed down back there...

Wondering if anyone would throw down the <100 to try aftermarket (I would but mine are OK for now.)

http://www.seatbelts.net/products/pdfs/ch300.pdf

This one looks like all of the parts are long enough...and they also do retractable and mix-n-match...so you could definately find something that works.
Old July 28th, 2010, 04:27 PM
founD90
Dr. Gonzo
1994 D90 #48

Can someone (please) measure the length of their OEM rear retractable belt from most extended at the reel to the eye bracket at the other end? Also, measure the length of the female buckle from where it meets the bracket on the tub to the end of the buckle?

I was looking at Corbeau 3-point OEM replacement seat belts. The length of their belt is 112" which sounds really promising, but the female buckle part is only 12" which I think would be too short, but I wanted to be sure.

Thanks if you can check.

Jerod
Old July 28th, 2010, 05:10 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Female I think is around 16-18 inches.
Old August 10th, 2010, 06:37 AM
knab
Brandon Donald
97 ST, few RRCs, P38 HSE

Jerod, I have the original rear sealts belts complete. The center part has one female adapter that is missing the black plastic frame. One of the belts is badly frayed and should be replaced. Both retractors work. Just took them out of my truck tonight. They are $560 new from RN, which killed me to pay, but I am getting seriously compulsive about everything being new. It is like a disease. Anyways... $100 and I'll ship them all to Chicago. I can post pics if it's helpful. If not, I'll measure the belt for you... it is uninstalled so it'll be easy to measure.
Old August 10th, 2010, 09:43 AM
founD90
Dr. Gonzo
1994 D90 #48

Thanks for the offer Brandon - I got in touch with someone local and measured their belts. I have my fingers crossed, but I found some belts at JC Whitney that seem to have the same length, but most importantly, have a 18" female side. They should work in the D90 with the aid of some brackets and I think they were $70/side.

Thanks again for thinking of me!
Old August 10th, 2010, 11:20 AM
DMSLongLake
Dave Sherwood
1994 D90 ST

Registry
foundD90:

Please keep us up to date on the seatbelt replacement....

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
ac, bracket, rack