project series - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old August 18th, 2012, 05:59 PM
killahaas
Dylan Haas
none for now!

project series

alright guys i am some what ready for another rover. the local rover i was going to buy kind of fell through(wont know for close to 6 months) but i want to spend around 1500$ for a series rover it doesnt have to run,and it could have been sitting for quite sometime. i do not want to replace the whole frame, if it needs a rear crossmember or outriggers thats ok. i do not want a complete resto project. i want something i can work on myself and than just use it for fun. i want something close to home(long island NY) i will go a few hundred miles for a truck. i hope this gets a better understanding of what i want.
thanks Dylan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 18th, 2012, 07:38 PM
texrover
Jason
71 SIIA, 03 RR, 94 D90 (PO), 83 110

Registry
I would say go for one up at ECR but I'd bet those all need new frames
1994 D90 ST (PO)
Old August 18th, 2012, 08:06 PM
killahaas
Dylan Haas
none for now!

i was up at ECR looking at those series and they didnt just need frames. most of the interior was gone. the bodys are banged up and crappy paint jobs on the one i would be able to afford. the only one i saw that i had interest in was the 109 pickup and the 109 5 door that was complete and they seem like they would be out of my budget, not to mention they needed all needed frames. which i dont want to do a frame swap nor do i have the facility or time to do it. if it was cheaper and not so time consuming i wouldn't mind doing it. but like i said in my post i dont want something that needs a frame.

------ Follow up post added August 18th, 2012 08:08 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
also Jeff, does Ike have series rovers?
not to mention he is in OR.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 18th, 2012, 08:37 PM
killahaas
Dylan Haas
none for now!

i understand that, but i would need to get the rover next to nothing because of the cost of shipping would blow my budget out of the water.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 09:47 PM
killahaas
Dylan Haas
none for now!

anyone? Bump.
Old August 24th, 2012, 12:40 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Spend more and save more in the end!
Old August 24th, 2012, 06:18 AM
junkyddog11
oil soaked filter
95 RRC 300tdi

I have a few but (probably 15 or so right now) Most of them are very similar to the ECR "field of dreams". There are a couple of *better* SIII's that have decent frames but all the II's and IIAs are fairly sad . Really no interest in marketing them as I use them for resto donors but they are all available. They are located in Eliot Me at my shop. You had to drive right by LOL.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
new expansion complete. Not only are we the only Rover shop in Eliot Maine...now we're also the biggest.

"Dedicated to the resurrection of junk through engineering?"
Old August 24th, 2012, 09:20 AM
JBinAlabama
john
Series 2A ..more parts on the way

But honestly, how many series trucks Don't need a frame?

After starting the way I have with a complete disassembly, galvanize, ZILLION parts.
I would import one with a 200tdi on a galvanized frame for under 5k, plus 1k to get here.
That would be a great base for an awesome machine and just leave the details to do.
Old August 24th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Jopadorr
John Dorr
59 109 hybrid

PM sent- J
Old August 28th, 2012, 09:30 PM
killahaas
Dylan Haas
none for now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkyddog11 View Post
I have a few but (probably 15 or so right now) Most of them are very similar to the ECR "field of dreams". There are a couple of *better* SIII's that have decent frames but all the II's and IIAs are fairly sad . Really no interest in marketing them as I use them for resto donors but they are all available. They are located in Eliot Me at my shop. You had to drive right by LOL.
i probably drove right pasted them when i was up at ECR! haha
but i have two vehicles in mind right now one i am waiting for a price, and another which is Jopadorr's i am waiting on pictures and a few more details from him. it has been a few days since i spoke to both. but i guess i would consider myself still looking until i get a reply back from either one.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 10:00 AM
killahaas
Dylan Haas
none for now!

looks like i have found a truck. picking it up in a week or two!
Old September 4th, 2012, 07:45 PM
JohnsD90
John
74 SIII 88", 88 110, 91 110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by killahaas View Post
looks like i have found a truck. picking it up in a week or two!
Congrats!

88 or 109?

Running or not?

Series 2 or 3?

LHD or RHD?

Rusty, middle, Not really rusty?

How much?

Was it from ECR?
Old September 4th, 2012, 08:26 PM
killahaas
Dylan Haas
none for now!

thanks! it is a 1965 109 pick up, with a 1969 drivetrain in it.Runs and drives but needs TLC. it was half restored and than lost interest in it about 5 years ago, it has been sitting in dry storage unit for 3 years, than the guy lost the unit and moved it to his shop and it has been sitting on a lift ever since. i am buying it from a very nice 70 year old man who said he has way to many projects and will never finish it. but he has just about everything to finish it. He told me when he first contacted me that is has a new black frame,but later today he told me the frame does not look New and it has had outriggers rewelded on it and a few dents in the chassis, which doesnt mean it is a bad thing, but he apologized for the situation he is a very nice guy, and i am hopefully going up there this sunday to check it out. also the price was 3,000$ but i dont know if he thinks it will be the same price after he told me the frame is not new. and no not from ECR i was going to pick one from from there but than this guy contacted me again.
Old September 4th, 2012, 10:27 PM
JohnsD90
John
74 SIII 88", 88 110, 91 110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by killahaas View Post
thanks! it is a 1965 109 pick up, with a 1969 drivetrain in it.Runs and drives but needs TLC. it was half restored and than lost interest in it about 5 years ago, it has been sitting in dry storage unit for 3 years, than the guy lost the unit and moved it to his shop and it has been sitting on a lift ever since. i am buying it from a very nice 70 year old man who said he has way to many projects and will never finish it. but he has just about everything to finish it. He told me when he first contacted me that is has a new black frame,but later today he told me the frame does not look New and it has had outriggers rewelded on it and a few dents in the chassis, which doesnt mean it is a bad thing, but he apologized for the situation he is a very nice guy, and i am hopefully going up there this sunday to check it out. also the price was 3,000$ but i dont know if he thinks it will be the same price after he told me the frame is not new. and no not from ECR i was going to pick one from from there but than this guy contacted me again.
Sounds like a good deal, hopefully you get it cheap, i wouldn't have minded one i had to put together for a cheaper price, but i am happy the way it went for me too.

Update with pics when you get it!
Old September 4th, 2012, 10:58 PM
killahaas
Dylan Haas
none for now!

i will start a build thread once i get it, and yea that was the plan to get something that needed finishing or something that needed a resto!
Old September 9th, 2012, 10:04 PM
killahaas
Dylan Haas
none for now!

welp, went to central PA today to check it out. and i am taking it! he is an absolute stand up guy he has Tons of rover parts in his garage that he is giving me, and than has a 109 with an 88 roof and sides on it,and two 88's laying outside that is forsale aswell. i took some crappy pictures and i will post them up tomorrow.
Old September 10th, 2012, 09:51 PM
killahaas
Dylan Haas
none for now!

here are some crappy pictures of the truck! can't wait to pick it up! and the last picture is the guys wall of spare rover parts!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1966.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	57424   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1963.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	57425  

Name:	IMG_1964.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	57426   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1962.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	57427  

Name:	IMG_1974.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	57428  
Old September 11th, 2012, 07:50 AM
killahaas
Dylan Haas
none for now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
The body look very strait. Any rust on the frame?

Does it come with the clock, horse and head?

-Jeff
that was the first question i asked him....he said no. but yes, the body is super straight, and the frame is from Sudan so there isn't a speck of rust on it, but its a little dented up. and the bulkhead looks brand new. he had a brand new rear cross member sitting in his shop, i may try to buy it off him because the current one is banged up.
Old September 11th, 2012, 08:56 AM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
When you next speak with him, ask if the wings are available for sale. I would be a buyer.

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"
1968 2A 88

All my troubles are Rover
Old September 11th, 2012, 09:06 AM
galen216
Galen Lentz
'98 D1

Registry
How did you find Don? He's a friend of my wife's family. I have always wanted to get up and see what all he has.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
series