Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old November 13th, 2008, 07:23 PM
TravelerBT
Philip Marshall
none - :*(

Registry
Old Man Emu Lift and Suspension kit

I have heard these are the best for the D90's true?

If not, what is?

If so, where would I pick one up and how difficult is it to install? What should I pay for it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 13th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
where? : ExpeditionExchange.com or RoversNorth.com
best ? this is Pandora's box. some prefer Rovertym.com springs to OME it really depends on why you are replacing the stock stuff ?

need more tire clearance ?
better articulation off road ?
better on road handling ?
is the stock stuff just worn out ?

suspension is a big ball of wax and you have to be more specific

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old November 13th, 2008, 09:06 PM
TravelerBT
Philip Marshall

Registry
stuff is just worn out

I want to get a bit more clearance, like 2" so that I can get some bigger tires on there when the time comes. I will do quite of bit of off roading, but no crazy rock crawling or anything like that. Basically i just need to be able to get back into places for fishing, hunting etc...

thanks for the reply...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 13th, 2008, 09:34 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

Phil,
Question - hold old are your springs currently? If they have a significant number of miles on them chances are they are DOA. I am with Doug on this one as you will get 100 different opinions and some like mine are new to the board and new to D-90s but not necessarily to tinkering with cars. I had put the 761 and 764s OME on the truck and a heavy duty set of Bilsteins off a classic....ride was way to harsh. Mostly it was just me in the truck all the time. Are you going to load the truck often? If so what is your anticipated weight in the rear? If not, is it a daily driver and if so you may want to consider new stock springs and shocks which are a fraction of the cost of aftermarket with some spacers. I just switched to stock and am very happy with the ride... of course I travel 35+ miles on smooth CA. interstates to work and back so ride comfort is important. Also, I have a soft-top and 90% of the time there is nothing else in the back of the truck to haul.
Old November 13th, 2008, 10:06 PM
TravelerBT
Philip Marshall

Registry
truck has 124k on the original springs and shocks... I think it is time for new ones

I would like a smooth ride for the highways, but still be able to get offroad an not worry about it. I figure the 2" lift would be nice to ensure ground clearance in some of the places where I hunt.

The most I would probably have in the back would be 2 passangers and our gear. so Iguess that could be pretty significant depending on how big the people in the back are !
Old November 14th, 2008, 10:44 AM
TravelerBT
Philip Marshall

Registry
So how hard it is to put one of these suspension kits in yourself?
Old November 14th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

I get mine at British Pacific, ask for Keith he'll be glad to help you out. All you gotta do is figure out how much your truck will be loaded and they will sell it to you accordingly. On my ST, I have HD in the front due to the ARB/winch, rear is medium duty. You can definately install it yourself, just need to raise the vehicle high enough so that the axle can drop down enough to fit the spring and voila' Helps to have a buddy with a two post lift.

Neil

Robert Deniro
Old November 14th, 2008, 01:07 PM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

Philip, I have changed the springs and shocks few times and it's not that hard unless you have rust. I'm planning on swapping out the springs on my D90 tomorrow and you are more than welcome to come and see so it can give you an idea.

I might also consider selling my used OME HD springs if you are looking to save some $$.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
kit