Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old December 18th, 2006, 01:59 PM
ScottYates
Scott Yates
94 D90 #639, Yellow

Oil filter adapter ring

Hello guys,

Trying to complete the Defender Oil line upgarde that ECR came up with. However my D has the 21mm oil lines from the engine adapter. I am trying to locate the 18mm part, #ERC8501. ECR advises they are out but it fits a 93 Defender 110.

Would like to get it as soon as possible.

Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 18th, 2006, 02:33 PM
Grover
Mike
Birmabright Bread Box/Swagger Wagon

Registry
Weld the AN8 male fitting to a 20mm x 1.5 male fitting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottYates
Hello guys,

Trying to complete the Defender Oil line upgarde that ECR came up with. However my D has the 21mm oil lines from the engine adapter. I am trying to locate the 18mm part, #ERC8501. ECR advises they are out but it fits a 93 Defender 110.

Would like to get it as soon as possible.

Scott
Scott,

A buddy of mine is in the same situation. Your best bet would be to go to a hydrualic shop and have a fitting made. See if they can weld the AN8 (it might be a AN6, I can't remember) male fitting to a 20mm x 1.5 male fitting. If possible, bring the oil cooler kit and the 20mm x 1.5 banjo bolt with you to the hydraulic shop so that they can match the threads. I was quoted by a local hydraulic shop approx $30 for both fittings.

Good luck...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old December 18th, 2006, 03:22 PM
ini88
Daniel Marcello
Alloy+Grit Creative Director

21mm or 20mm size? I bought the kit off of Trailhead 4x4 and i got the wrong size. I need the two 20mm bolts that go into the oil filter adapter. I have the 18mm bolts instead. they are the L shaped ones.

http://www.trailhead4x4.com/18401.html

would they help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 18th, 2006, 03:32 PM
Grover
Mike

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ini88
21mm or 20mm size? I bought the kit off of Trailhead 4x4 and i got the wrong size. I need the two 20mm bolts that go into the oil filter adapter. I have the 18mm bolts instead. they are the L shaped ones.

http://www.trailhead4x4.com/18401.html

would they help?
I believe that the female threads to the Land Rover oil cooler adapter are either 18mm x 1.5 or 20mm x 1.5 You may source an oil cooler adapter. Mocal makes one with 20mm x 1.5 female threads.

http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/mocal.htm

Cheers...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old December 18th, 2006, 03:43 PM
ini88
Daniel Marcello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover
I believe that the female threads to the Land Rover oil cooler adapter are either 18mm x 1.5 or 20mm x 1.5 You may source an oil cooler adapter. Mocal makes one with 20mm x 1.5 female threads.

http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/mocal.htm

Cheers...
hmmm... see Trailhead said they would send me the 20mms for $75 bucks. the oil cooler adapters from that link you sent are like $79. but thanks anyways!

ScottYates - i have the 18mm bolts that Trailhead sells. are those the pieces you need?
Old December 18th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Grover
Mike

Registry
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ini88
hmmm... see Trailhead said they would send me the 20mms for $75 bucks. the oil cooler adapters from that link you sent are like $79. but thanks anyways!

ScottYates - i have the 18mm bolts that Trailhead sells. are those the pieces you need?
$75 for two fittings?

Old December 18th, 2006, 04:20 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

If you guys hang on a bit we are working on a much cheaper alternative to the Rover 18mm adaptor unit.

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover
Scott,

A buddy of mine is in the same situation. Your best bet would be to go to a hydrualic shop and have a fitting made. See if they can weld the AN8 (it might be a AN6, I can't remember) male fitting to a 20mm x 1.5 male fitting. If possible, bring the oil cooler kit and the 20mm x 1.5 banjo bolt with you to the hydraulic shop so that they can match the threads. I was quoted by a local hydraulic shop approx $30 for both fittings.

Good luck...
Be careful here. If the fitting gets too long you get into issues of clearance with the AC filter/drier and the frame. Thats why we went with the 8AN fittings in the first place.

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old December 18th, 2006, 05:14 PM
ini88
Daniel Marcello

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR
If you guys hang on a bit we are working on a much cheaper alternative to the Rover 18mm adaptor unit.
sounds good! but i still drive with a fire hazard waiting to happen. I mean, im sure im safe, but ive heard people thought they were save too then bam, FIRE!

check out this fitting i found. its similar to the one i have already but i dont think it comes in a 20mm size

90 Flare to Pipe Adapters
https://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stor...10002_19091_-1

and yes, two of those 90 Flare to Pipe Adapters that trailhead has are for $75. he said he had the custom made. hell, $75 is a lot, but i mean if it saves you from a fire then i think its priceless
Old December 18th, 2006, 05:43 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

The 20mm fitting only comes in 10AN size. That means you'll need to run a neck down adaptor to get to 8AN and that causes length issues with the AC filter drier and frame.
If you can have someone weld up a fitting that is 20mm 1.5 and 8AN that would be best. The hyd. shops around us do not offer such work.

Also consider that the Russell 18mm x1.5 fitting is back ordered until February, from Russell.

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old December 18th, 2006, 08:11 PM
ScottYates
Scott Yates
94 D90 #639, Yellow

I already have all of the parts. I figured I would pickup the ring if I was unlucky (FYI, Murphy is still an asshole). Any idea how long ECR? A new one is $161 but better that than a fire. I have to much work in this thing to loose it on something I know about and is preventable.
Old December 19th, 2006, 08:18 AM
Gore Ranger
Jeff
1989 RRC

Is it the same ring as is found on a oil cooler adapter from a RRC?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted