off topic- fishing kayak - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old January 12th, 2005, 01:07 PM
Jon Strong
Question off topic- fishing kayak

Just thought that some one might be able to point me in the right direction since we have so many outdoorsman on the board. Looking for a 12' closed top fishing kayak, used.

Old January 15th, 2005, 11:46 PM
Brian OShea
1995 Defender 90 ST
Perception makes a pretty nice little boat....

However, I really like the sit on top kayaks (Ocean Kayak) better because they tend to be a little more stable. If you are going to be using it primarily during the summer...a sit on top is the way to go. The sit on top kayaks also enable the paddler to have higher profile in the water...which makes casting a whole lot easier.

I also have a whitewater boat which I used to paddle in Colorado. It took me a while to perfect the eskimo roll...which begs a second question. What is your paddling ability? If you are fairly new to the sport...a sit on top is the way to go...they may be a little slower, but they are much safer. If you have kids that will want to use it...a sit on top is also your best option.

I have been diving and fishing off the Ocean Kayaks...and I love them!

I hope that helps,

Old January 22nd, 2005, 01:54 PM
Rick Askew
1995 Defender SW
I saw an advert for these guys in a Pacific NW fly fishing magazine. Looks like fun.
Old January 22nd, 2005, 04:50 PM
'97 Defender 90 SW
I have a Wilderness Systems Pamlico 145T
Check out:

I have used it a few times. It is in great condition. These things are indestructable.
Not sure if the price I need to get for it and the shipping would be a good deal though.

I probably need about $500 for it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted