Need Help With Pricing for a Series III - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old July 1st, 2013, 12:32 AM
Range Rover
Need Help With Pricing for a Series III

I have come across a "barn find" SIII 88 that has 22,4000 miles on it. It is a well running car with very little rust and a clean California title. I have seen the car myself and it is in need of a slight restoration but really nothing too big. The other party will sell for $18,000. Is this too steep? I am worried the price is too high. Please let me know. Also, the car has matching VIN numbers, overdrive, and a hard top.

Old July 1st, 2013, 01:26 AM
Mack Crouch
88 110 LS Rebuild Project
In my personal opinion, it sounds way too steep. You mention it is a good running truck, but has the truck been sitting for a long period of time? If so, keep in mind that things like belts, hoses, tires, fluids, seals etc will all need to be changed. Have you inspected it thoroughly, and does it have any leaks in the engine, trans, t-case, axles, etc? I would take into account all of the work that it may need, and decide how much you are willing to pay for it to have the end result that you desire. There is a thread in the flea market section very similar to this, about another barn find series III.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted