Need 2 A/C lines for 97 style compressor - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old July 30th, 2008, 09:26 AM
btate
Bryan Tate
d90

Need 2 A/C lines for 97 style compressor

I need the two lines that attach to the compressor for a 97 style A/C kit.
Doing a 4.6 serpentine conversion and the old lines don't fit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 30th, 2008, 01:58 PM
HeloBubba
Chris Murphy
'89 127 (D130), '16 LR4

Bryan-

I am in the midst of redoing my '97, and as part of that I've reacquired the A/C parts ripped out by one of the previous owners. Several of the hoses were damaged and/or missing and nearly impossible to find. Since then, I've collected parts (from Vintage Air-their gear works well and their parts are much less expensive than similar LR-labeled ones) and the requisite A/C beadlock crimping tools (expensive!) to make the hoses needed after getting frustrated with local AC shops and the lack of LR part availability.

As an added note, I've been told by numerous sources that the LR D90 kits installed here in the US were made up of commonly available US-sourced A/C kit parts.

Let me experiment with my truck, and if my hoses work well, I'll see if I can make some for other folks. Of the two original hoses that I do have in good shape are the two hoses that go to/from the compressor, so it would be easy to reproduce them from Vintage Air/Classic Auto Air components. (Those hoses include the R-134a high/low pressure charging fittings that you need, along with the special compressor fittings.) Any hoses I make or repair won't look exactly like the Rover ones, but will have correct fittings and be as tough or tougher that the stock ones.

I'll let you (and anyone else interested) know how they come out! I should get my D90 back from the painter late next week and the A/C install is one of the first reassembly tasks I'm going to jump on. I'm then going to have James and Jake at British 4x4 suck the system down to vacuum, charge and test it for me. (British 4x4 is a great shop, by the way, for folks in the Southeast.)

My move from Jacksonville, FL to Norfolk, VA for my next assignment will start coming on my radar in a few weeks, but I intend to complete all truck project stuff before packing up the garage in late August/early September for my move. I hope that I can help in a few weeks if you haven't found a solution earlier.

Murph
'89 D110SW
'16 LR4

Former:
'97 D90SW - SOLD SEP '14
'94 D90ST - SOLD MAY '13
D90s sold while assigned overseas. You're welcome America!
'06 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
'8X FankenRover D100
Old July 31st, 2008, 08:17 AM
btate
Bryan Tate
d90

thanks,
I have the lines for the 94/95 compressor, and the fittings to the new compressor. Perhaps I should just get them made. Hoping to find a set or trade for 94/95 type.

RN has them, just crazy expensive.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
97, compressor