NAS soft top parts request - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old May 13th, 2015, 05:49 AM
vtlandrover
Frank
1991 200Tdi 110 Hicap

NAS soft top parts request

I finally was able to install my NOS Tickford yesterday on my '94. I'm missing the metal bars at the "B" pillar that slide into the top to help make the canvas just behind the doortop somewhat sealed. Also, I am after the long bar that goes across the top of the windscreen. For now, I've put a 3/4" x 4' plate of steel, but it's going to prove inadequate once I'm up to speed... I just wanted to get the top on so that I can let it sit for a week or two to expand/contract in the sunlight and colder night temps.

I've never owned a Besttop, but maybe the windscreen bar is at least the same?

Even the original bimini/bikini top??

What a pain it was to reinstall the body-side snaps! The P.O. had removed them to install the belt-rail system. I say, "removed." They drilled them out with an unnecessarily large drill bit (beyond 1/8") - so large, in fact, that there isn't a rivet out there that would have a shank diameter big enough while also having a head that would seat in the snap. So, I had to take each rivet and grind down the head diameter by putting it in a drill and pressing a file against the rivet as I spun the head... then assemble the rivet, a 3mm spacer (the rivet gun head was too big to press directly against the rivet when seated in the snap) and the gun on one side while holding a washer on the inside with a pair of pliers. It took more than a few tries, but now I have 16 properly seated snaps with all aluminum hardware in an effort to prevent oxidation from taking over and making those holes impossibly large.

'Twas fun removing yellowed paper from both sides of the Tickford windows. The clear parts didn't hold up perfectly over time, as they've kind of "pitted" for lack of a better phrase. But, overall, the 90 is looking rather 90's splendid in its bone-stock appearance.

Now, I just need the soft top hardware...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 13th, 2015, 07:39 AM
BOBCAT110
Ken Jagolta
94 d-90

soft top bits

Hi Frank,

GLad you are finally getting a chance to install that NOS Tickford I sold you. I have a couple of NAS Header Bars and probably have the stiffeners too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old May 13th, 2015, 07:50 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBCAT110 View Post
Hi Frank, GLad you are finally getting a chance to install that NOS Tickford I sold you. I have a couple of NAS Header Bars and probably have the stiffeners too.
Frank use Ken's part names to search the for sale parts if Ken can't find what you need. The bars behind the doors are also sometimes called tensioner bars, vertical something or other, etc. User thehundreth had some for sale here just the other day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 14th, 2015, 06:04 AM
vtlandrover
Frank
1991 200Tdi 110 Hicap

Thanks for the tip!

Ken -

Please have a look around, if you don't mind. I have the "header bar" (top of windscreen channel with snaps on the end), but am after the bar that slides into the canvas from the passenger side and fits into the channel to provide a point to tension against.
Old May 14th, 2015, 09:01 AM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

pieces

Ken,
I PMd you. I have the pieces but read my PM and see which ones I want to part with. I have 3 tickfords right now.
Clay
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtlandrover View Post
Thanks for the tip!

Ken -

Please have a look around, if you don't mind. I have the "header bar" (top of windscreen channel with snaps on the end), but am after the bar that slides into the canvas from the passenger side and fits into the channel to provide a point to tension against.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
nas, part, parts, soft top, top