Nas 110 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old February 10th, 2012, 09:58 PM
SMac
Sam
NAS 97 D90 SW

Nas 110

Time is ticking.... wife said do it and I expect her to come to her senses very soon. So..... If anyone has a lead on a NAS 110, I'd appreciate a holler. That is, other than the ones advertised on the common sites. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 10th, 2012, 10:11 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
http://www.copleymotorcars.com/defen...3.1vo1061.html
Old February 10th, 2012, 10:35 PM
SMac
Sam
NAS 97 D90 SW

Ha. Never thought something that pristine would be at Copley. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 10th, 2012, 10:38 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
He posted it here with plenty more photos. Check on it if interested.
Old February 10th, 2012, 10:55 PM
SMac
Sam
NAS 97 D90 SW

Just found the thread. Too much rust for my novice brain to wrap around. Looking around, I'm thinking $40-50K for a higher mileage truck without title issues or heavy rust. Maybe I'm mistaken. Now just have to wait for one. I'd take any NAS 110 for under $35 or so.

How does being a Canadian NAS affect values? Or Japanese spec for that matter?
Old February 10th, 2012, 11:25 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMac View Post
How does being a Canadian NAS affect values? Or Japanese spec for that matter?
For the 25 Canadian NAS trucks same price as the others. No Japanese spec 110s I don't believe, just 90s.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old February 11th, 2012, 08:00 AM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMac
I'm thinking $40-50K for a higher mileage truck without title issues or heavy rust. Maybe I'm mistaken. Now just have to wait for one. I'd take any NAS 110 for under $35 or so.
They are ALL projects. Look at bjf's "one year with the 110" thread. If you don't want rust, then you should look for a ROW 110 on a newer galvy chassis/bulkhead, not NAS...too many have that rust issue and are outside your budget already. And most of the good ones are priced way outside your budget.

One comes up every other year - the last one came up at $6k - a few years earlier there was one for $25k. Never seen them again and there were so many buyers already in line I doubt you'd have a better chance than the rest of us!
Old February 11th, 2012, 09:10 AM
SMac
Sam
NAS 97 D90 SW

I've been playing the ROW vs NAS game for a while. It seems like the refurb ROWs are getting more outlandish every month, but I think the US is going to get saturated with them to the point where the prices will plument with the pool of nicer trucks legally importable growing. I think of all the Middle Eastern farmers who make $30 a month driving around in Defenders. Pissed me off every time I saw it. I'm hoping the NAS trucks will have the opposite reaction.

I'm basing my $40-50k purchase budget on what historical data I can find for this last year. I'm not expecting a Copley/ECR cherry, but a 170-300k truck with surface rust. I'll do mechanicals all day, just don't want to be replacing or patching panels and mechanicals due to rust cancer. I'm thinking I should have pounced on Kermit's old truck, even without looking at it.

Anyone know anything about the 110 in Oregon with the hideous white boat dash and SBC?

------ Follow up post added February 11th, 2012 09:14 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
For the 25 Canadian NAS trucks same price as the others. No Japanese spec 110s I don't believe, just 90s.
Ok thanks.
Old February 11th, 2012, 09:20 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMac View Post
Anyone know anything about the 110 in Oregon with the hideous white boat dash and SBC?
You should be able to find a well sorted NAS for $40-50k....just be patient. The real value in Kermit's truck was the bonus trailer.

The boat-dash 110 is a salvage title from an engine fire. I'd steer clear (starboard or port side). But that's just my opinion.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old February 12th, 2012, 08:31 AM
SMac
Sam
NAS 97 D90 SW

Ha, ok Jason. Thanks for the heads up.
Old February 12th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
You should be able to find a well sorted NAS for $40-50k....just be patient. The real value in Kermit's truck was the bonus trailer.

The boat-dash 110 is a salvage title from an engine fire. I'd steer clear (starboard or port side). But that's just my opinion.
Mine was a salvage from an engine fire, and I have no regrets. Was the perfect base to rebuild what I wanted and do a diesel conversion.
Old February 12th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Skeena river rover
jeroen
1997 300 TDI 110

If you buy a 110 NAS as a investment point of view, or speculate the increase of value i would not buy a defender! Yes they are pricy but there a lot of cars out there that will hold there value better or will increase more. If you want to enjoy them and drive them like the old farmers do, buy one NAS vs regular 110. I prefer the regular 110! But again it is all personal. You can buy a pristine 110 and be OCD/ paranoid about rust etc. But they all rust or at least some parts do. Then you are better of buying a land cruiser etc. You can spend big $$$ on your car to get it in show room condition, but does it increase the fun factor?Just enjoy the defender and drive it. Just my 2 cents.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
110, nas, nas 110