looking for a safari gard front bumper - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old April 18th, 2007, 07:09 PM
JakeW
Walt
2015 range rover evoque

looking for a safari gard front bumper

Looking for a used Safari Gard front bumper. A new one would be nice but it seems they quit making them. Don't care if the paint/powder coating is messed up. Don't want one that's bent up real bad though. An ARB would also work fine. Dents/scratches ok.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 19th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Doug Crowther
Doug Crowther
94SW,4.6HSE,93LWB,83 110

Just a suggestion But have you checked out RockWare there in Co. ? Had them make me one that is way stronger than any arb.
Old April 19th, 2007, 01:16 PM
DJ Menasco
DJ Menasco
#500/500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Crowther
Had them make me one that is way stronger than any arb.
Out of curiosity how do you know this to be true? Did you total an ARB?

Sorry for the hijack, but you'd be hard pressed to find a SG at this point. As you may or may not know they've ceased production on a lot of items in order to move to other vehicle makes. Price wise I think Rockware and ARB are the same, perhaps even lower for the Rockware.

Oh, and you might want to make a similar post on LRX.com You might be able to locate one there too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 19th, 2007, 01:33 PM
Doug Crowther
Doug Crowther
94SW,4.6HSE,93LWB,83 110

DJ,
Slid into an oak tree with the ARB and bent it @ slow (low range) speed while mired in deep mud. The wall thickness of the ARB versus the thick wall tubing used by Rockware is no comparison. I have one of each on trucks outside right now. The ARB is open on the back side. The Rockware product is solid tubing that is cut for tapering and then rewelded. Kind of like the difference between a channel Jeep frame and a box Land Rover frame. The kicker (for me)is that all rockware bumpers come with a bottle opener made into the bumper. I havent had a similar collision with the Rockware- but hope I have my seat belt on when it happens cause it's not going to give.
Old April 19th, 2007, 04:42 PM
DJ Menasco
DJ Menasco
#500/500

Doug

Really. For some reason I thought the RW was open too. I've never seen one in person so I just assumed.

It's odd (and disappointing) you bent it at such a slow speed. Perhaps you had just enough inertia to penitrate the threshold of the ARB. I've seen a few that have gone down, but usaually as a result of a collision with another vehicle.

Either way, good info. Thanks.
Old April 19th, 2007, 05:19 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Not to slagg a bumper company but... I too caved in the front of an ARB bumper under very little force, or should I say, the same force that I have done to other bumpers that have not even flinched. Rockware is a stronger design in my opinion. SG bumpers are still available through ECR. SG just isn't doing retail sales of that type of product anymore.

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old April 20th, 2007, 02:50 PM
JakeW
Walt
2015 range rover evoque

Thanks for the info on the ARB, we'll go ahead and rule them out. The bumper on my truck now is a Rockware, it's thick walled and definately not open on the back, just bent in on passenger side from slamming into the hill (sandstone) after the last obstacle on Billings Canyon one too many times. Hey - I didn't have to stack any rocks though! I'll check them out and also that other board. It sucks that SG quit making stuff for us, but you're right - looks like they went where the money is (faux wheelers). Still, if anyone gets a line on a used SG let me know! Thanks!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
bumper, front bumper