longshot-series III in NC area - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old April 8th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Bryan Tate
longshot-series III in NC area

Looking for a cheap series III project, would like a title and a decent body.
The rest I am flexible on, oh did I mention cheap?
Close to Wilmington, NC would be nice.

Old April 14th, 2009, 09:04 AM
DG Rodgers
DG Rodgers
1995 Defender 90
I am in Raleigh and have a 78 SIII 109 RHD 3door hardtop that I have considered parting with. I was able to get a D-90 recently. I have also thought about putting a truck cab on it and making it into a truck if you know where I can find one. I have tinkered with it for about 3 years now and although I have bought a lot of new stuff for it, there are plenty of fun projects left. Parts: new seats, mats, hoses, belt, waterpump, window tracks, door panels w/ armrests, windscreen washer pump, hand crank handle, lenses, rear lens cages, side mirrors, vent seals, shocks, grill, battery, and some other stuff. I have a spare gas tank and some of the old parts that go with it. I can see that the rearmost outriggers need replacing but the rear crossmember appears to be in good shape. The bulkhead has some rust places I can see on the sides and the floor pans have small rust areas but all seems serviceable. It runs and drives but does not have an overdrive. No parabolic springs or disc brake conversion either. I got a current NC inspection sticker when I first got the truck but it has since lapsed and I have not renewed it. I have clear title. If you have any interest I am happy to speak with you about it. I can send some photos. It is green with white on the topmost of the top.

Old April 14th, 2009, 04:44 PM
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor
I know of one in partial pieces in NJ.... Has a good frame for it as well.. Body is not great but buildable.
Legend in My Own Mind.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

series, series iii