Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old September 21st, 2006, 10:11 AM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

Long Shot... 110 Diesel Hi-Cap PICKUP

Greetings D90'ists...

The time has come to 'park' my D-90 and get a secondary vehicle. Mostly because I want to keep mine forever, I know people say that but I'm dead serious. Second because it's getting beat up with my side business real estate rental 'gig', and third because I just need to get another vehicle and stop driving my D-90 everyday.

In any case, I have a chance to get my hands on some true BioDiesel which won't cost me but maybe 1/3 of current diesel prices and a little bit o' easy work.

My problem: I need to get a pickup truck, I'd love to get another D-90 but the truth is I NEED a pickup truck. And I NEED a diesel. I've literally been losing sleep with the thought of having to buy a FORD F-250 Powerstroke... just not a Ford guy. And definitely not a Chevy or Dodge guy at that.

So, I'm just throwing this out there because you guys are 'the source' for anything Defender... If you happen to come across a nice or semi-nice Defender Pickup with a Diesel please let me know. I really don't need a huge pickup, just a pickup. If I can't find a Defender Pickup I'm probably going to scrap the idea of a diesel and go get a Tacoma to tool around in... Honestly the F-250 is just too freakin' big for me and I don't like Ford's... Hope this makes sense.

Oh, and I'd even go for a Series Diesel Pickup if I could find a decent one...

Anyway, Thanks... Been real busy lately and haven't been on to say Hello.

Nicholas Orros

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 21st, 2006, 12:25 PM
pendy
jim pendleton
89'd90

I'll build you one. Got a couple MOD D110 trucks hid out. Will require some creative registration though.

JP

Advice is only as good as the person applying it--
Don't make me give you bad advice!

Lemons or lemonaide, whatever your taste provides.
Old September 21st, 2006, 01:23 PM
motap
neal

there is one listed on LRX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 21st, 2006, 01:40 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Nothing too creative, buy a crap 90 (easier said than done) and replace parts. You need a chassis, some cab parts and the pickup bed. Most of which are alot cheaper than SW bodies. Either drop a diesel in immediately or run it as gas until you want to spend the $$$.
Old September 26th, 2006, 02:55 PM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

Pendleton,
What's shakin' ? Yes, I'd love to have you build me one but I can't wait for it, I have to secure/drive something within the next two/few weeks and it has to have some sort of title.

JimC,
Great idea, I've had that one for a while but I just can't wait on it. I need to get a diesel pickup soon, or a pickup for that matter.

Motap,
I did contact the 'Cain' guy, who has the 2000 110 pickup, it's decent, not a Hi-Cap though!! BUT, it's in Europe right now and he says that it will have a clear Nebraska title on it in a few weeks when he gets it. I like it but it has no A/C which is ok, and he's got it for $27k and he would come down to $24k at the moment.

I also read that SkyTopRover.com can get anything titled that's a pre-1995.

You'll all have to forgive me, I haven't been scurrying the D-90 Source like I've been known to so I'm a little out of it. Lots has happend, got married, got crazier, bought a fat house that we're closing on in 12 days... and more.

Looks pretty good. He gave me a pic or two. Lemme see if I remember how to attach pics.

Thanks,

Nicholas
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D110Lefts.JPG
Views:	166
Size:	273.0 KB
ID:	6881  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old September 26th, 2006, 04:27 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Nicholas! You've been gone too long man but sounds like youve been busy in a good way.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old September 26th, 2006, 04:45 PM
kellymoe
kevin
defender 130

Registry
There is a 1981 Stage 1 pick up for sale on www.sclr.org for $14k obo.
Old September 26th, 2006, 06:09 PM
smenzel
Sandro
1967 Series IIA

If you have a choice of Land Rover diesel engines, you might want to steer more towards the turbo-charged engines.

I have a 2.5L NA in my Series truck. It's a great engine that lasts forever but I know every single hill in the area intimately. The 200 TDi, 300TDi or 2.8 GVT (sp?) is the progression of descendants of the same engine, all of which are turbo charged. That turbo adds significantly to the go-ability.

Converting a NADA Defender to diesel is easier than you might think. Just make sure you find someone to do a qaulity job and be sure to use xyzR9 fuel lines for the biodiesel. All the other lines will melt over time.
Old September 26th, 2006, 06:44 PM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

Seems nice, whatever it looks like but I first and foremost need a DIESEL.

I live in Tallahassee where there is no LR anything, let alone Defender but me. I simply don't have the time to worry about shipping, installation, etc. I need to get something soon.

Literally...

We'll see what happens.

Thanks though fella's.

Nicholas Orros

Old September 27th, 2006, 02:02 PM
JSQ
Jack Quinlan

"It is so choice.
If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up."

I'm almost done building mine.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P1010005.JPG
Views:	165
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	6903   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010002.JPG
Views:	150
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	6904  

Name:	P1010007.JPG
Views:	153
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	6905  
Old September 27th, 2006, 04:58 PM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

Hey Jack that's sweet...

You started from scratch ? How'd you title it ?

For Sale ?

Elaborate if you can, point me in the right direction, or if you know anyone that's got one completed...

What do you think of the one I posted ?

THANKS

Nicholas Orros

HEY CHRIS... I missed your Hello. Yes, I've been busy as a 4-handed whore, literally. It's all good though, I finally got a fat garage to work on the Defender !

Old September 27th, 2006, 05:17 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Have you seen this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LAND-...QQcmdZViewItem

Or this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LAND-...QQcmdZViewItem

Btw...Nice 110, Ferris!
Old September 27th, 2006, 06:50 PM
JSQ
Jack Quinlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by norros
Hey Jack that's sweet...

You started from scratch ? How'd you title it ?
I started from a 1985 MOD 110 see attached

Quote:
For Sale ?
Nope, Sorry. I'm just finishing rebuilding it. I've had it for almost two years.

Quote:
Elaborate if you can, point me in the right direction, or if you know anyone that's got one completed...
Honestly, I think your best bet is to go with Pendy. If you want a turn key solution and not a long project, he will build you what you want. He probably has the same square one I have and he can bang out the rest of it, including a much more powerful engine. Keep it very simple in terms of interior and accessories and you'll achieve good results.

He's already got the vehicle in. That's the hard part. Once it's here and assembled titling isn't such a struggle although it varies from state to state. You're essentially creating an "assembled vehicle".

I've seen Pendy's motor swap work first hand it looks very solid. I'm sure he can build up / restore a truck for you at a reasonably fair price and in a basic timeframe.

The nice thing about the Canadian MODs is they look like shit, but it seems like all of the drivetrain is overhauled constantly. My truck had riveted tags on the tranny, motor, tcase and diffs from the last rebuilds. All of them were very recent.

just keep your pants on for a little while, suffer the D90 as a DD or buy some POS Ford truck diesel and sell it once your 110 is ready.

Quote:
What do you think of the one I posted ?
I think it's not here in the country yet and as such it doesn't mean much.

Good luck with your search.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	MOD 110 004small.JPG
Views:	142
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	6911  
Old September 27th, 2006, 07:19 PM
DJ Menasco
DJ Menasco
#500/500

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSQ
"It is so choice.
If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up."

I'm almost done building mine.

Out of shear curiousity, will the Grocery Getter make it out the car-hole without decapitating the snorkel? Looks like a close call from the pics Jack.

By the way, the piant job looks pretty good......from afar. Just don't show anyone the foot well.

DJ
Old September 27th, 2006, 07:31 PM
JSQ
Jack Quinlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Menasco
Out of shear curiousity, will the Grocery Getter make it out the car-hole without decapitating the snorkel? Looks like a close call from the pics Jack.

By the way, the piant job looks pretty good......from afar. Just don't show anyone the foot well.

DJ
No the mushroom top has to come off for the truck to make it's debut from the garage.

Footwell has been fixed.
You're very clever.
Old September 27th, 2006, 08:11 PM
smenzel
Sandro
1967 Series IIA

[ I know this doesn't have much to do with the direction this thread has taken but I feel obliged to correct my post about the biodiesel fuel lines. My apologies if this is slightly less than kosher. ]

Addendum to my post about fuel lines -- the type of hose is SAE 30R9 that will best withstand biodiesel. 30R7 decays after a fairly short amount of time.

Source is a friend of mine with a heavy science background who brews his own biodiesel and has experienced high end hoses deteriorate with the use of biodiesel.
Old September 27th, 2006, 11:47 PM
surf110
Ze
130 Project

Jack,

Your 110 has come a long way since I last saw it.
Congratulations. It is looking really good.
If you need any parts, let me know. I have a lot of parts that I took off my 110 that are just sitting under the house.
Old September 28th, 2006, 08:00 AM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

Jack,

I hear what you're saying... I've spoken to Pendleton in the past when I wanted to throw a 2.8 tgv in my D90. I'll give him a ring and see what he says, I know he moved but is his # 316-210-something still ?
If not, can you send it to me, or I can just email him. Is he at the 'big rally' this week ?

DJ,

Long time eh... I see you're still 'lurking'...

Thanks a bunch fella's.

Nicholas Orros

Follow-up Post:

Got one question though:

How am I going to TITLE it in Florida ??

N

Old September 28th, 2006, 12:36 PM
JSQ
Jack Quinlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smenzel
If you have a choice of Land Rover diesel engines, you might want to steer more towards the turbo-charged engines.

I have a 2.5L NA in my Series truck. It's a great engine that lasts forever but I know every single hill in the area intimately. The 200 TDi, 300TDi or 2.8 GVT (sp?) is the progression of descendants of the same engine, all of which are turbo charged. That turbo adds significantly to the go-ability.
(What he said)(6.02x10^23)

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by surf110
Jack,

Your 110 has come a long way since I last saw it.
Congratulations. It is looking really good.
If you need any parts, let me know. I have a lot of parts that I took off my 110 that are just sitting under the house.
Lil Ze!

sent you a PM.
Old September 28th, 2006, 01:13 PM
DJ Menasco
DJ Menasco
#500/500

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSQ
(What he said)(6.02x10^23)
Oh my aren't we well read.
From Ferris key phase to Avogadros' "choice" number.

That aside, your 110 is looking great. I assume you hashed out your issues with the Grand-Master of paint?

I'm interested to see what you do with the space behind the jump seats. Anything on the horizon?

Follow-up Post:

Quote:

DJ,

Long time eh... I see you're still 'lurking'...
LURKING! How dare you Orros.

Actually, I was just looking at those pics you sent me of your roof tent. I was deciding on whether I should sell my roof rack or keep it and pick up a tent. I decided to forego the roof tent and wait a year or so and snag a 110 as my family is about to get a little bigger. Although at risk of being a lemming, Jacks project appears more and more appealing all the time.

Don't work too hard Nick.

DJ

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
110, diesel