Interested in a new 2011 spec row 110, who to talk to? - Page 6 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old December 20th, 2011, 10:06 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
Neil,

Cash, while a commodity somehow desirable by many does not come close to the desire of the Puma commodity so in other words, if you want a Puma in US soil, the seller will reign the kingdom.

( LR3, houses, plenty to choose from.. Pumas... mmmmm )

BTW, what is your idea of investment on such commodity?

Advertisement

Old December 20th, 2011, 10:17 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Also a great image

Neil

Anyone who has actually met you knows the police would never use you for anything other than to break up an illegal steroid ring.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rman5784l.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	45168  
Old December 20th, 2011, 10:25 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McCauley View Post
What about the left hand drives in Germany? So no 110's there anymore?
not with the 2011 Puma engine. Rover discontinued production of the lhd trucks with that engine last summer, ie end of 2011 model year production. 2012 model year trucks will have a different 2.2 liter engine and production of lhd trucks was supposed to resume this fall or early winter.
Old 2.4 engine was called Puma. New 2.2 is known as Duratorq
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Defender engine[1].pdf (227.0 KB, 56 views)

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 20th, 2011, 10:43 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Is it my imagination or did the emissions not change?
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old December 20th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
has to do with that diesel particulate filter

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old December 21st, 2011, 12:17 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Well according to landrover, the duratorque keeps the same hp as well. Its good to know there will always be lhd 110's, even if they are in Germany.

Robert Deniro
Old December 21st, 2011, 01:33 PM
d90boy
keith humphreys
aka: Mr Fancy Pants

Registry
got to love the top speeds. =) you almost, can not get a ticket in many states maxing these out!!
Old December 21st, 2011, 01:49 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by d90boy View Post
got to love the top speeds. =) you almost, can not get a ticket in many states maxing these out!!

I'm sure theres ways around that. Like you could cut the floor wells out flintstone style, put barry in it, than a mile away place a quarter on the ground.

Robert Deniro
Old December 21st, 2011, 02:15 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Really a money joke? At least show some creativity. I preferred your nose jokes. I have a big nose and am jewish so it works. Don't go for the canned response. You are better than that.

I mean I could make Asian jokes all day long but that takes no effort. I would much rather make jokes about the fact that you wore a rhinestone Ed hardy shirt to happy hour and you asked our waitress if there was a body builder platter she could recommend and then had Roid rage when she said you couldn't add egg whites to your burger. I try to make it personal to show I care. Btw I know I don't wear xxxxxl but I would like to know where I could get a rhinestone shirt like that. It truly says playa!
Old December 21st, 2011, 02:20 PM
J. Andrew
J. Andrew
95 D90 NAS SW #384

Trucks doing what you're talking about get seized and dismantled all the time. All it takes is them taking off one trim panel to see that the body was never disassembled and that you really did just put an entire new car on top of a new glav frame. You're essentially taking the risk of losing all 70k of your investment if you do any of these schemes. I think the worst has to be using your NAS 110 vin, b/c then you're going to devalue both your trucks.

The way to have it become "legal" is to play it 100% legit at the DMV. You'd need to ship it somewhere, either in CKD or in a container (no drive on, drive off- not without bond), and get lucky that customs doesn't inspect it. Then drive this mystery vehicle down to the DMV and register it as exactly what it is, a 2011 (or whatever) LR D110, and use the correct vin and have them give you a title. Once you've gotten someone to title it in the US you're untouchable. You can buy, sell, etc.
Old December 21st, 2011, 02:41 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
Really a money joke? At least show some creativity. I preferred your nose jokes. I have a big nose and am jewish so it works. Don't go for the canned response. You are better than that.

I mean I could make Asian jokes all day long but that takes no effort. I would much rather make jokes about the fact that you wore a rhinestone Ed hardy shirt to happy hour and you asked our waitress if there was a body builder platter she could recommend and then had Roid rage when she said you couldn't add egg whites to your burger. I try to make it personal to show I care. Btw I know I don't wear xxxxxl but I would like to know where I could get a rhinestone shirt like that. It truly says playa!
Didn't you know I base my clothing after cher's designs? Barry I don't know enough about you to make non faith based jokes yet, lets hang out some more so I can learn more about your alternative lifestyle.

------ Follow up post added December 21st, 2011 11:46 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Andrew View Post
Trucks doing what you're talking about get seized and dismantled all the time. All it takes is them taking off one trim panel to see that the body was never disassembled and that you really did just put an entire new car on top of a new glav frame. You're essentially taking the risk of losing all 70k of your investment if you do any of these schemes. I think the worst has to be using your NAS 110 vin, b/c then you're going to devalue both your trucks.

The way to have it become "legal" is to play it 100% legit at the DMV. You'd need to ship it somewhere, either in CKD or in a container (no drive on, drive off- not without bond), and get lucky that customs doesn't inspect it. Then drive this mystery vehicle down to the DMV and register it as exactly what it is, a 2011 (or whatever) LR D110, and use the correct vin and have them give you a title. Once you've gotten someone to title it in the US you're untouchable. You can buy, sell, etc.
Sounds good, I'd like to buy your titled puma now please. Can you drive it out to LA so I can take a look?

Robert Deniro
Old December 21st, 2011, 03:00 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Neil

Well said. I don't get your insane parameters for this truck. Why not take the show on the road? Travel the USA looking. You can post from your stops.
Old December 21st, 2011, 03:08 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Quote:
Neil

Well said. I don't get your insane parameters for this truck. Why not take the show on the road? Travel the USA looking. You can post from your stops.
Barry I'm not this rich hook nosed jew where's waldo look alike living it up in Hermosa Beach with loads of time on his wretched money grabbing hands to tour the USA for PUMA fest 2012, I actually have a job that I need to be there for (commercial/residential management). I can't even take a weekend off right now until things calm down, which probably isn't anytime soon. I would prefer to look at local trucks, I'll drive as far as San Diego. btw now that you mentioned it, that shirt you saw me wearing is a now rare Salvage shirt. I paid $120 for it but since they dont make Salvage shirts anymore, they are rare and are collectors items, (The only t-shirts I like to wear are salvage, glad I have several) kinda like Defenders..

Robert Deniro
Old December 21st, 2011, 03:17 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

The nose is big but I assure you there is no hook.

You sound like an important business man. Why not hire a representative to go look for a truck for you?

------ Follow up post added December 21st, 2011 12:18 PM ------

Oh and hermosa is living it up? You must have low standards. Next you will tell me you only dine at fine restaurants like chin chin and chilis.
Old December 21st, 2011, 03:25 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Yes. Surely there are representatives you could pay all this surplus cash you have hanging around, to do some leg work for you. Barry, how many Pumas would you say passed hands out in LA this past year that old Neil missed out on? I count at least around 15 in the area from the listings I can remember this past year - even 2 in one listing if I recall.

This thread is worthless.

Neil, yes I only own 1 Defender - Hell, I only own one car. I also live in NYC, so a car is seen as a bit of a luxury; I also have a private garage, which is even more of a luxury. I'm also still under 30, and had fun in the process of finding my truck, and did not expect one to just drop in my lap.
Old December 21st, 2011, 03:31 PM
Arjun
Arjun
None

Quote:
You must have low standards. Next you will tell me you only dine at fine restaurants like chin chin and chilis.
I have no dog in this argument, but this line is just comedic gold from Barry!
Old December 21st, 2011, 03:35 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

I don't know them all. I now only search for conniston trucks but according to search:
There were a few for sale by dealers that were allegedly seized for various reasons.

One that was on the news for Vin fraud.

Two from craigslist that were 180k an registered as 2010s. There is a thread about them. No clue what happened to them.
Old December 21st, 2011, 03:37 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

I assure you I did not see 15 pumas opportunities presented to me this year. I only got to see 2 pumas that (were) for sale here in LA and both of those wound up being NLA to me the day after. So if that makes me a non serious buyer to you Josh than what can I say. I guess you think that just because I don't want to travel to the east coast to buy and ship/drive a car back I've never seen means I'm not serious about buying one. So I guess according to Josh, because I don't want to subject myself to those "inconvieniences" I am full of shit and I just like to bump my usless thread because I like to dream about pumas all day.

Robert Deniro
Old December 21st, 2011, 03:42 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Neil

Obviously this thread is entertainment for us all including you but you can understand horsey's point. It is the equivalent of someone saying they want a nas 110 but it has to be in front of them. It is a rare item so it is a shot in the dark finding it here. Actually a nas 110 would be much easier to find. There are at least 15 in la.
Old December 21st, 2011, 03:55 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Gee Barry, I'm glad you made clear to us how easy it is to find a NAS110 for sale. I only wish I knew how to buy one but only barry aka the hebrew hammer can lead us to nas enlightenment with his Jesus like leadership. And Josh why does my eccectric buying strategy bother you so much that you feel the need to school me on how to buy a car. You act like you own D90.com and like as if I got my pants around my ankles squatting on your welcome mat leaving a chocolate dairy queen swirl on it.

Robert Deniro

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags