Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old February 3rd, 2011, 08:34 AM
CDNRover
Jeff Labbé
110 Ex-Mod FFR 200tdi

Registry
Exclamation infos on a member?

Hi lads,
I'm trying to get infos on a D-90 member. I'm maybe worrying for nothing but here's the deal; I'm selling bits & parts to get my 110 in shape for the coming season of hard work I put it to. I sold a pair of mesh guard for headlamp to Joe Pfeiffer (know as JoeP). He made the payment for the mesh guard but hasn't pay for the shipping yet. I try emails, private messages...No reply nor answer. It's not the amount of money (about 30$) that pi*s$ me off but that amount means that, not only the sale bring no money to me but i'm losing 10$ on it. That's not including the mesh guard price, shipping and duty to buy it in the first place. So to get the mesh guard to Joe Pfeiffer, it cost me 50$. Anyone knows him? Joe P, Joe Pfeiffer, Black 97 D-90ST, member #0605? If he comes clear and pay me, I will post it.. Otherwise... Steer clear! Now's 30$ but eventually..As mention before I'm maybe worrying for nothing and he's out of town or something but, that's not how I deal with thing when I'm a buyer? I think that selling/buying stuff from other member of this forum need for both side to be trusty. I had 3 other member that wanted these but, the first one who said I take it, had it. No bidding or nothing I play by the rules and I thought other would too..
Advertisement

Old February 3rd, 2011, 08:39 AM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

If he paypaled you, then you have his email address, try that. This seem a little premature, no one is going to try and screw you out of $30. Give him the benefit of the doubt.

Old February 3rd, 2011, 08:50 AM
CDNRover
Jeff Labbé
110 Ex-Mod FFR 200tdi

Registry
That's what I'm doing Scott, I try emailing him a couple of time..No answer. I'm not trying to trash is reputation, just wanna know if anyone had problems with him before. He paypal me 20$ for the mesh guard but nothing for the shipping. It's been 9 days now. As mentioned, I try email, pm but no answer. I don't believe someone would do that for 30$ so I'm trying to get a friend or someone who knows him to check if he reply on the internet.. He might be out of town or sick? But what do you want me to do? It's not the first time I sell/buy thing over the web without any problems..Just want to find out what's going on. I don't intend to say bad thing about anyone. Since I join D-90 I only meet good people with the same love or Rover that I have. Swapping informations and tricks.. It's a great bunch! But until this situation is sorted out, I have an aftertaste of $h!t in my mouth.
Advertisement

Old February 3rd, 2011, 09:02 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
So, just that this is clear, you sent him the mesh guards without receiving full payment (shipping)?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old February 3rd, 2011, 09:16 AM
CDNRover
Jeff Labbé
110 Ex-Mod FFR 200tdi

Registry
Yes Jonathan. Since he paid the 20$ (asking price for the mesh guard) I thought he would make the rest of payment later on. There's no may he could made a mistake about the fact that shipping wasn't included. I sent him the shipping price and a tracking number. The buyer needs to pay me the parts + shipping, so I thought that since the buyer pay the goods the shipping can be paid on reception. But after checking tracking number it seems he should have the goods now. At least reply to the darn email... I thought that seeing this tread on D-90 he would pop me a PM or email? .. not yet..
Old February 3rd, 2011, 09:23 AM
James Pierce
James Pierce Jr.
1995 D90 SW #314, 59 SII 88 HT

If you look at Joe P's member profile you can see that his last activity was yesterday at 12:15 am. One could assume he's seen your PM's...

I think the wording of your post might not get the response you were hopping for. Something like "Hey Guys has anyone seen or heard from Joe P?" might have answered your question.

I recently had a bad experience (first time on D90) with a purchase which cost close to $500. That was a lot of money for me to loose however I didn't make it public for the simple reason I think it usually does more harm that good. As with all my business dealings I believe that the person who is in the wrong will get their up 'n' cumin's. Usually those who do not have good moral character don't succeed in life anyway. At least not in the area's that count.

Best of luck getting it sorted!

James
Old February 3rd, 2011, 09:59 AM
CDNRover
Jeff Labbé
110 Ex-Mod FFR 200tdi

Registry
Well thanks lads,
Need to get to work.. I'll keep you updated...
Old February 3rd, 2011, 09:23 PM
stocker
Mack
1998 Disco 1 LSE

Send him a Paypal invoice.

Joe P needs to pay up.
Old February 3rd, 2011, 09:35 PM
ini88
Daniel Marcello
Alloy+Grit Creative Director

He is an honest guy. I bought stuff from him before. I did PM him 3 times over the last 6 months and haven't gotten any answer back either.
Old February 4th, 2011, 12:01 AM
CDNRover
Jeff Labbé
110 Ex-Mod FFR 200tdi

Registry
Well , I guess you're right Daniel. Payment all done. He told me he was sick. Everything is alright now. I just don't understand what was the point in waiting to clear the payment since the first one was done right away. Nevertheless payment's done.. Happy I am that everything is back to normal.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted