Help 94 NAS 90 Radiator - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old July 18th, 2015, 09:47 AM
Afish
Status: Offline
Andre
94 D-90
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: South bend IN
Posts: 22
Registry
Help 94 NAS 90 Radiator

Does anyone have a radiator I can buy. New only please.thanks
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old July 18th, 2015, 09:51 AM
rd10014's Avatar
rd10014
Status: Offline
Ronnie
1993 NAS D110
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 923
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afish View Post
Does anyone have a radiator I can buy. New only please.thanks
have it recored
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old July 18th, 2015, 10:29 AM
Jbullis's Avatar
Jbullis
Status: Online
Jason Bullis
1994 NAS 90 #1810, 2006 LR3
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Jonesborough, TN
Posts: 445
Registry
Lucky 8 has some for sale

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...tor-62694.html
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old July 18th, 2015, 10:52 AM
budzny
Status: Offline
Real4X4
NAS 97 ST/NAS 93 110/62
Birthday Committee Team
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Poconos,PA
Posts: 1,648
Want a new aluminum radiator?

Sal
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old July 18th, 2015, 11:02 AM
Jbullis's Avatar
Jbullis
Status: Online
Jason Bullis
1994 NAS 90 #1810, 2006 LR3
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Jonesborough, TN
Posts: 445
Registry
Get in contact with TDIguy, he is an Allisport dealer, I believe they are around 1k....
Quote:
Originally Posted by budzny View Post
Want a new aluminum radiator?

Sal
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old July 18th, 2015, 11:10 AM
bjf's Avatar
bjf
Status: Offline
barry f
94 ST #395
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,958
Just get a new genuine one and don't bother recoring.
__________________
Quote:
Are there shocks that I can addjust up and down like my friends LX460? That would be very cool!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old July 19th, 2015, 09:20 AM
EnduroPro's Avatar
EnduroPro
Status: Offline
Stephen LeBlanc
1994 Defender 90
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Woodbury, CT
Posts: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
Just get a new genuine one and don't bother recoring.

Excuse my rookie'ness but don't the recored ones have more tubes?

------ Follow up post added July 19th, 2015 09:21 AM ------

I saw some new ones on the vendor page. Far under $1k.

------ Follow up post added July 19th, 2015 09:22 AM ------

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...d.php?p=644037
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old July 19th, 2015, 09:50 AM
bjf's Avatar
bjf
Status: Offline
barry f
94 ST #395
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnduroPro View Post
Excuse my rookie'ness but don't the recored ones have more tubes? ------ Follow up post added July 19th, 2015 09:21 AM ------ I saw some new ones on the vendor page. Far under $1k. ------ Follow up post added July 19th, 2015 09:22 AM ------ http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...d.php?p=644037
I recored my original radiator. Went from three core to four core. I don't have ac so no aux fan up front. I found that the truck kept getting warmer in certain conditions. There is a post about it. When I would drive up this one hill in Los Angeles in summer and leave it running parked on an incline it would slowly get hotter and hotter. I pulled the recored radiator out and put a new genuine one in and never had the issue again. My temp is always the same. I was told that the extra core actually made it harder for air to pass through esp without the extra fan.
__________________
Quote:
Are there shocks that I can addjust up and down like my friends LX460? That would be very cool!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old July 19th, 2015, 09:59 AM
EnduroPro's Avatar
EnduroPro
Status: Offline
Stephen LeBlanc
1994 Defender 90
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Woodbury, CT
Posts: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
I recored my original radiator. Went from three core to four core. I don't have ac so no aux fan up front. I found that the truck kept getting warmer in certain conditions. There is a post about it. When I would drive up this one hill in Los Angeles in summer and leave it running parked on an incline it would slowly get hotter and hotter. I pulled the recored radiator out and put a new genuine one in and never had the issue again. My temp is always the same. I was told that the extra core actually made it harder for air to pass through esp without the extra fan.

Interesting. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old July 19th, 2015, 10:19 AM
Uncle Douglas's Avatar
Uncle Douglas
Status: Offline
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Gods Country- Central Virginia
Posts: 11,835
Registry
Lucky 8 posted he has brand new in stock. Did you see that before posting ?
__________________
Good judgement comes from experience,experience comes from bad judgement.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

410.693.1391


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old July 19th, 2015, 05:55 PM
WeBeCinYa's Avatar
WeBeCinYa
Status: Offline
WeBeCinYa
94 ST #84
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 2,382
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
I recored my original radiator. Went from three core to four core. I don't have ac so no aux fan up front. I found that the truck kept getting warmer in certain conditions. There is a post about it. When I would drive up this one hill in Los Angeles in summer and leave it running parked on an incline it would slowly get hotter and hotter. I pulled the recored radiator out and put a new genuine one in and never had the issue again. My temp is always the same. I was told that the extra core actually made it harder for air to pass through esp without the extra fan.
So I've been told to record mine, I have AC and that additional fan. I think I'd rather just go new genuine though. Anyone else have an opinion? I was told by mechanic the new ones are not great quality. I guess everyone has an opinion.
__________________
1994 Defender 90
2006 LR3 SE
1996 Discovery I (sold)
1991 Range Rover Classic (sold)
1995 Range Rover Classic (sold)
2006 LR3 SE (sold)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
90, nas, radiator

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Questions re: 300TDI radiator/intercooler in NAS D90 jaherring Defender Technical Discussions 10 June 29th, 2010 02:27 PM
nas radiator nice unit low miles willtillery For Sale - Parts 0 May 5th, 2010 10:19 AM
Radiator Panel and Hand Gaurd Nas 110 mpsteil Wanted 0 April 23rd, 2007 01:43 PM
300tdi radiator help D90user Defender Technical Discussions 4 September 30th, 2006 09:50 PM
1995 D90 NAS Frame, 3.9L V8 & Radiator for sale Barnett Childress For Sale - Parts 10 June 22nd, 2005 07:38 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:25 AM.


Copyright