Have money, need car/truck and/or more parts (evilfij's wish list) - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old April 3rd, 2010, 09:45 AM
junkyddog11
oil soaked filter
95 RRC 300tdi

I'm in the process of finishing up a 90 with all galvy parts (every single steel part that could be done with the exception of engine ancillary bracketry) and added wieght not including the frame (that was already done so no info) according to galvanizers weigh out is 376lbs

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
new expansion complete. Not only are we the only Rover shop in Eliot Maine...now we're also the biggest.

"Dedicated to the resurrection of junk through engineering?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 3rd, 2010, 02:36 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkyddog11 View Post
I'm in the process of finishing up a 90 with all galvy parts (every single steel part that could be done with the exception of engine ancillary bracketry) and added wieght not including the frame (that was already done so no info) according to galvanizers weigh out is 376lbs
376lbs for the bulkhead, cappings, seat box, cage???, door frames??? what else?

That sounds high. I would guess the bulkhead got 30-40lbs heavier but I can think the rest adds up to all that.
Old April 3rd, 2010, 09:21 PM
junkyddog11
oil soaked filter
95 RRC 300tdi

Door frames (roll up type) and back door,
full cage including all mountings and the bar under the tub,
bumper (ARB),
roof rack,
all the cross bits under the tub,
all the bits behind the grill,
bonnet latch support,
every bracket that holds the body to the frame,
bonnet frame,
all the brackets that hold the washer bottle, expansion tank, PAS reservoir,
shock towers,
rear shock mounts,
seat belt mounts,
exhaust mounting brackets,
transmission crossmember,
snorkel,
spare tire carrier,
the little bracket that hold the trailer plug,
assorted little tabs and plates with welded nuts that are riveted in place to hold various things (drawing a blank here but there was pile of them).
QT Services diff guards,
RN rock sliders
this 90 also had the inner fenders re dipped (they were a little sooty) so that may have tilted the scale a little.

There is a couple of optional things in the list but nothing that most 90's don't seem to end up having.....the ARB bumper might have been a little excessive also.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
new expansion complete. Not only are we the only Rover shop in Eliot Maine...now we're also the biggest.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 3rd, 2010, 09:33 PM
EWR
Carey
1954 CJ-3B

Wow,..... I bet that looks...... ah,.. different He probably likes a lot of L.E.D. lights too
Old April 3rd, 2010, 09:34 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

That makes sense. The cage, ARB and door frames adds a lot not to mention stuff I don't have like the rock sliders and diff guards.

I figure I am at around 200-300lbs with the frame, bulkhead, stock bumpers, tire carrier, light bar, cappings and whatever little stuff I throw in.

------ Follow up post added April 3rd, 2010 09:35 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWR View Post
Wow,..... I bet that looks...... ah,.. different He probably likes a lot of L.E.D. lights too
Don't knock rover chrome.

Ron
Old April 4th, 2010, 09:25 AM
junkyddog11
oil soaked filter
95 RRC 300tdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWR View Post
You guys pioneered it and I'm taking it to the extreme

Oh yeah....it's different all right. Guy loves the galvy. Must admit that it was pretty badly rusted when I got it in. The only surviving original parts of the truck are the tub, windscreen frame and bumpers. Trying to prevent that again.

....and yes, every light on it is L.E.D. including those inside the avionics instruments, all the interior lights (all aircraft products) as well as the 12 driving lights, 4 reverse lights and 4 work lights.....and the headlights. I think it's well over 15k in lighting (not including all the wiring etc). It's a potential retina searing disaster. never mind the aircraft wingtip strobes hidden in the bumpers for emergency lights. It will be clearly visible from the International Space Station! I don't mind it being a little "goofy". I have a soft spot for severely eccentric Land Rover owners.

Sorry for the slight hijack Ron. Back to the search for bits.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
part, parts