Hard Top needed in Colorado - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old August 23rd, 2005, 07:35 PM
snosrfr
Chuck
95 D90

Hard Top needed in Colorado

My stock soft top is in bad shape and i need to get covered before winter arrives here in Colorado. I really need a fiberglass top but would be interested in any good condition soft tops too.

please IM - snosrfnincolo@yahoo.com or email/msg thru d-90.com

thanks,
-Chuck
Advertisement

Old September 7th, 2005, 01:09 PM
snosrfr
Chuck
95 D90

bump
Old October 10th, 2005, 11:05 PM
snosrfr
Chuck
95 D90

brrrr.... n-n-n-n-ne-e-e-e-e-e-e-d-d-d-d-d-d a-a--a-a t-t-t-t-t-o-o-o-o-o-p-p-p-p (badly).

Advertisement

Old October 11th, 2005, 07:46 AM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

Chuck I have one.
Old October 12th, 2005, 09:05 AM
Tom Rose
Tom Rose

softtop

I've got a Tickford that needs a couple of zippers. It's in WY.
Old November 6th, 2005, 02:43 AM
Adam Armendariz
Adam Armendariz
1994 Defender 90 Metal HT

Talking Soft top & Hard Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by snosrfr
My stock soft top is in bad shape and i need to get covered before winter arrives here in Colorado. I really need a fiberglass top but would be interested in any good condition soft tops too.

thanks,
-Chuck
Chuck, I have both a Hard Top & soft top. Had fiberglass & never used soft top, replaced with the expensive metal hard top. The soft top is in the parts for sell on this site. It was on Ebay but did not sell due to $750.00 reserve. The Ebay ### is listed on the ad. It is in great shape & was used less than a month. The hard top needs some work, the sides are cracked in middle. The top has cracks starting at the center, near sides. The tailgate and rear panels are in good shape, as is the glass. I am looking to get at least $700 for soft top & $650 for hard top as is or $1200 repaired + shipping. I can also be reached at sylvia100@charter.net Thanks-Adam
Old November 6th, 2005, 01:37 PM
jabber
m j

Quote:

thanks,
-Chuck

So no go on the aluminum???
Old November 6th, 2005, 06:39 PM
Adam Armendariz
Adam Armendariz

Lightbulb Soft top & Hard Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabber
So no go on the aluminum???
I have a fiberglass hard top & a bestop soft top for sale. I just purchased the Metal hard top for my Rover. Considering ThaT I spent over $6,000 for hard top custom roll cage and tail gate, I would definetly say that is a no go on the Aluminum. Let me know if you interested in the other 2. Thanks-Adam
Old November 9th, 2005, 01:26 AM
boshea
Brian OShea
1995 Defender 90 ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwisteD90
Chuck I have one.

Hi Yousef,

How are you? Do you still have your fiberglass top? If so, I am interested and also located in Colorado for the next few months. Let's get together soon...I have a project 90 that I would like you to take a look at. Also...do you have a decent service technician in the area?

Thanks,
Brian
Old November 9th, 2005, 04:57 AM
Tom B
Tom

Quote:
brrrr.... n-n-n-n-ne-e-e-e-e-e-e-d-d-d-d-d-d a-a--a-a t-t-t-t-t-o-o-o-o-o-p-p-p-p (badly).

I might have one available in about a month or less with some custom insulation and a map light.
Old November 9th, 2005, 03:26 PM
boshea
Brian OShea
1995 Defender 90 ST

Thanks Tom! Let me know...

Brian

Follow-up Post:

Not to hijack the thread, but did Chuck ever find one?
Old November 9th, 2005, 06:31 PM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

Quote:
Originally Posted by boshea
Hi Yousef,

How are you? Do you still have your fiberglass top? If so, I am interested and also located in Colorado for the next few months. Let's get together soon...I have a project 90 that I would like you to take a look at. Also...do you have a decent service technician in the area?

Thanks,
Brian
Tom has it now!

Do you have a black fast back? I see a black D90 with California plates rolling around and I was wondering if that was you.

Shoot me a pm, would love to check out your project.

The best independent tech in Denver is JC rover & 4x4 and the worst one is Dave's European stay away from him.
Old November 9th, 2005, 08:55 PM
jabber
m j

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Armendariz
I have a fiberglass hard top & a bestop soft top for sale. I just purchased the Metal hard top for my Rover. Considering ThaT I spent over $6,000 for hard top custom roll cage and tail gate, I would definetly say that is a no go on the Aluminum. Let me know if you interested in the other 2. Thanks-Adam

Wow! I think I spent a total of 4K for mine.... Of course I'm selling mine now... hellava lot cheaper than that!
Old November 10th, 2005, 10:57 AM
wildenbeast
Bill Wildenberg
94 Defender

Chuck,

I have a fiberglass hardtop that I would be willing to sell to buy myself an Aluminum one. I live just outside of Boulder. The hardtop has just been refurbished; no cracks, good windows, custom seals and hardware (so you don't need to silicone all the bolts). Let me know if you're interested. I've invested $2150 into it and would want a similar return.

Bill Wildenberg
Old November 10th, 2005, 10:55 PM
Adam Armendariz
Adam Armendariz

Thumbs down Metal Hardtop

Quote:
Wow! I think I spent a total of 4K for mine.... Of course I'm selling mine now... hellava lot cheaper than that!
WOW!!! Let me get this right. You Spent only $4K on a fully enclosed custom roll cage, a custom tire carrier to fit a 94 D-90 and a Metail top w/ tailgate (that had been rhino lined & diamond plated) & a paint job for top??? Maybe if you did some of the work yourself. Wow, you sure are a know it all!! Maybe I should of contacted you first, since you seem to know all the facts!
Old November 11th, 2005, 02:13 AM
jabber
m j

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Armendariz
WOW!!! Let me get this right. You Spent only $4K on a fully enclosed custom roll cage, a custom tire carrier to fit a 94 D-90 and a Metail top w/ tailgate (that had been rhino lined & diamond plated) & a paint job for top??? Maybe if you did some of the work yourself. Wow, you sure are a know it all!! Maybe I should of contacted you first, since you seem to know all the facts!
NO... I have an aluminum top with an internal hoop. Don't need a custom carrier, as the stock on will still work. I also never mentioned anything about rhino lining and diamond plate.... and YES I did do ALL the work myself. Never said I knew all the facts. You just didn't specify what you paid 6K for. It can be done for less; that's all I was saying. But hell, maybe you should have contacted me... I could have sold you my setup for a shitload less than you spent!

BTW, I'm not about flaming or anything like that... sounds like you are a little pissed that you spent so much. Sorry.

Cheers,
Jabber
Old November 12th, 2005, 02:27 AM
Adam Armendariz
Adam Armendariz

Cool Hard top

Quote:
NO... I have an aluminum top with an internal hoop. Don't need a custom carrier, as the stock on will still work. I also never mentioned anything about rhino lining and diamond plate.... and YES I did do ALL the work myself. Never said I knew all the facts. You just didn't specify what you paid 6K for. It can be done for less; that's all I was saying. But hell, maybe you should have contacted me... I could have sold you my setup for a shitload less than you spent!

BTW, I'm not about flaming or anything like that... sounds like you are a little pissed that you spent so much. Sorry.

Cheers,
Jabber
That is right, I did not specify what I spent My money on, so it was a little rude to basically call someone an idiot for spending $$ on something you know nothing about. So far everyone I met on d-90 source has been pretty cool, I was getting tired of talking to all these stuck up local D-90 owners who think they know it all. My point is that you should know all the facts before you criticize someone. I am not pissed either and I know I definetly did not spend too much for what I needed. First of all I am a cheap bastard, and researched about 3 months before going ahead with the project. Even toyed with the idea of welding my own cage, but without the bender it looked like crap. I got screwed because I have a 1994 D-90 and bought a Euro Top that was the wrong color. So of course top wouldn't fit and tailgate had to be customized to hold tire. I could have saved a shitload of $$$ going with a single hoop or a half roll cage instead of full, but I had SAFARI GARD put in a Full roll cage to protect my kids If I roll. Anything else for me would have been shit, so your setup would not have worked for me. Also, after looking at receipts I spent a little over $5K on top $1k on MISC parts I needed to repair on the rover. If you got the $$ full cage is the only way to go. BTW, anything can be done cheaper, but cheaper is not better!!!

Adios,
Armageddon (got to change it)
Old November 15th, 2005, 02:01 AM
boshea
Brian OShea
1995 Defender 90 ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwisteD90
Tom has it now!

Do you have a black fast back? I see a black D90 with California plates rolling around and I was wondering if that was you.

Shoot me a pm, would love to check out your project.

The best independent tech in Denver is JC rover & 4x4 and the worst one is Dave's European stay away from him.

Hi Yousef...funny that's my truck! Where have you seen me? Do you know if Tom is selling the top? Is Jeff Corwin pretty fair?

Thanks,
Brian
Old November 15th, 2005, 09:53 AM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

Once on County Line, and twice around Denver. Next time I see I'll cut you off Look for a white gold lifted Disco with beat up body panels (here we go a again).

Yes Tom is selling the hard top, or that's what he told me this past weekend.
Old November 15th, 2005, 12:06 PM
redrovrch
Chad Huston

I posted on "parts" page a hard top I have for sale, problem is its located in Illinois, let me know if you"re interested. Chad

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
colorado, hard top