Full LR Safari Rack - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old December 25th, 2004, 01:20 PM
jamesriding
James Riding

Full LR Safari Rack

I would like to find a used OE LR rack. See the URL below for a vehicle that has the actual rack I want.

http://www.eastcoastrover.com/131.html

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 26th, 2004, 09:17 PM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

Lrna90fsrr

Call dealers and other vendors and give them this part #:
LRNA90FSRR this is the Land Rover Genuine Part # for the NAS D90 Safari Roof Rack. Learn it well. Good luck finding a decent one, I had to call a couple of LR dealers this past week because of ordering the 'tread' plates which are the same part # as above except for the addition of 08 at the end.
There's pretty much 4 main parts, the basket, the ladder and the 2 supports that go above the front doors... so make sure you get everything... and I believe there's also some 'bumpers' the lift the basket up a bit if you have a soft-top. I'm sure some others can chime in on how this particular installs...

I think the dealer said something like $2200 when they mistook this for the part I was after.

N

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old January 1st, 2005, 07:45 PM
NASD90
T B
None any more

So can anyone confirm what other parts one must order for this to get it to fit on a soft top? I was actually going to post today if anyone wanted to sell theirs. Anyone have luck ordering this from anyone besides their dealer? Would the 'parts manual' have this diagramed so we could see what other parts are needed? Cheers all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 1st, 2005, 10:28 PM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

Chris,

I ordered mine from Mohammed at 'RoverCity' in Orlando, Florida because he had the best price and he had one of his 'guys' deliver it to my door in a new Mazda pickup... Honestly one of the happiest days getting that new rack/ladder. I'm a nut about this particular accessory.

I would call Rovercity, RoversDownSouth, Atlantic British... and some others, possibly some in CA.
You may also want to post on LRX.com under 'Wanted'.

Other than that Good Luck Sir.

Oh, and there's really nothing else to 'order' to get it to fit on a soft-top, you just need those 2 bumpers to lift the cage a little in the front I believe. Everything else comes with LRNA90FSRR that you'll need to fit it to your Defender. And hopefully if you buy it used, those bumpers will be in there.

N

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old January 3rd, 2005, 04:23 AM
jamesriding
James Riding

Pay Retail

The simple fact is that these racks are not hard to get if you want to pay retail for them. Put your order in with LR. You'll get it. And You'll pay for it. And you'll wait for it too.
Old January 4th, 2005, 02:15 AM
jvelador
Javier Velador
'95 D90 / '66 IIA

Check out...

Expeditionexchange.com $2200 (or something close to that)
roverconnection.com $1950
thatchedroofgarage.com $1800

I'm contemplating having someone make one for me within the next few weeks. If interested, I can send you pics once completed. The only other choice left is to be patient until someone posts on this or one of the other boards.

In the last 6 months or so, I've seen no less than 3 used OE safari racks posted here. Prices ranged from $1000 to $1650.

I figure if I can have one made to my specs and powdercoated for under $1000, I'm ahead of the game.

Javier
Old January 4th, 2005, 09:47 AM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

True... those places do carry the rack and if you're in CA then EE or possibly the others might be the way to go. There have been a number of posts under the 'used' section so you may just want to hang out and see what comes along.

BUT, this rack will do nothing else but increase the value of the truck. This is a very specialized piece of equipment, nothing fancy, but it was only made for these NAS Deeee's. (I am an absolute nut about this rack, so this post is a bit BIASED) You know it's funny, everyone wants to be 'cool' and drive a Defender but nobody wants to pay for it. I see people spend $30k PLUS and then they're worried about putting this cheap part or that onto it. Insanity if you ask me. This doesn't just go for the 'roof rack'.

And the current D90's that are sold for high dollar, MOSTLY/USUALLY don't have 'their own version' of accessories installed. Seriously, think about it.
Yes, you could spend $1000 on your own version but what's not going to happen is your truck going up in value... you're probably going to end up drilling all kinds of unnecessary holes in the D, and when and if you go to sell it , you'll get laughed at for asking 'what you think' it's worth.

Argue if you must, but it's the truth.

Nicholas Orros

Old January 11th, 2005, 09:14 PM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

Update:

I just recieved the latest issue of LRE February 2005 and Devon4x4 had some nice roof racks for 90/110's... seem like decent quality and even with the exchange rate what it is, it's a good buy.

http://www.devon4x4.com/products/17/...+rack+Defender

Hope this helps.

Nicholas

Old February 3rd, 2005, 08:45 PM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
I bought mine from Dave at Thatched Roof Garage for $1600. He shipped it to me for $90.

Old February 6th, 2005, 01:10 AM
jvelador
Javier Velador
'95 D90 / '66 IIA

Red face When did you buy yours from TRG??

Dave,

How long ago did you buy it from TRG? The shops in CA that I've spoken to about building one for me aren't making much of an effort. They have their priorities and I can understand that.

Nick, you're right. Some of us go out on a limb and take the plunge just to get into a D90, only to find ourselves not being able to plunge $2000 for a rack, $$$ for SG this and that. For those of you that can, I applaud you.

Every Rover's story is as different as it's owner. So before knocking on anyone, consider their economic situation, lifestyles, priorities, other projects, spouses, etc, etc. Some would then argue that "in that case, why did you buy a D90 if you cant afford the right upgrades?" I'd say, "because I can, but there is no law that states a D90 MUST be upgraded with these vendors' products only, use anything else and you'll have to plead insanity."

Personally, I fall under the 'juggling multiple projects' and 'spouse obects' category. I have a ST D90, a '66 IIA restoration and a Disco I trail rig. With that in mind, I guess I fall under the insanity category as well, so disregard previous argument.

Insane Javier

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
ac, rack, safari rack