Full legnth intercooler - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old October 24th, 2013, 10:47 PM
rayfi
Derek Moeller

Full legnth intercooler

Looking for a new or near new full length intercooler for a 300 tdi.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 24th, 2013, 11:32 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Derek, I'm going to be ordering an Allisport full-width intercooler and radiator and shipping as part of a container of some stuff that Brian Hall is bringing over. Perhaps you could work out something with Brian to get one for you too and you could pick it up from me in Tacoma on one of your runs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/
/
Old October 25th, 2013, 12:04 AM
xplorUtah
Andrew P
1960 SII

Registry
Contact info

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris snell View Post
Derek, I'm going to be ordering an Allisport full-width intercooler and radiator and shipping as part of a container of some stuff that Brian Hall is bringing over. Perhaps you could work out something with Brian to get one for you too and you could pick it up from me in Tacoma on one of your runs.
Can you hook me up with contact info? I need a 200TDI radiator, frame and intercooler. Happy to glom on to a container coming over. Drew
1997 D90 SW #2496

"Fear profits man nothing"

1997 D90 SW #2139 Portofino Sold
1995 D90 ST #2445 Beluga Black Sold
1995 RRC SWB Beluga Black Sold
1986 110 200TDI "1 of 1" Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 25th, 2013, 12:32 AM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplorUtah View Post
Can you hook me up with contact info? I need a 200TDI radiator, frame and intercooler. Happy to glom on to a container coming over. Drew
You'll have to work out the details with him and you may have to buy the parts from him directly and pay shipping but he's my go-to guy for parts like this.

Brian Hall (Mybluett) from Defenders Northwest. First class awesome guy. Give him a call or shoot him an e-mail/PM.

His website : http://www.defendersnorthwest.com/

/
/
/
/
Old October 25th, 2013, 03:52 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Derek: I bookmarked this site from another thread on inter coolers
http://www.ssautochrome.com/search.i...tle=land+rover

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old October 25th, 2013, 11:20 AM
rayfi
Derek Moeller

Thanks guys. I have been trying to get ahold of SS auto chrome but no reply? I think they may be out of business?
Old October 25th, 2013, 03:08 PM
pendy
jim pendleton
89'd90

I recently bought one of the intercoolers from autochrome and they refunded the money soon afterward. Could never get anyone on the phone either. Never a response as to why they refunded the money either.

So if anyone had luck to purchase one of those intercoolers I would love to hear their experince.

Advice is only as good as the person applying it--
Don't make me give you bad advice!

Lemons or lemonaide, whatever your taste provides.
Old October 25th, 2013, 03:25 PM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

Send a message to TDIGuy. He can set you up.
Old October 25th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
there used to be a bunch of cheap ones on ebay but they have been gone for a while.
Old October 26th, 2013, 06:22 AM
junkyddog11
oil soaked filter
95 RRC 300tdi

I have a full width Allisport. Custom thinner version to fit with AC. Make me an offer. Its brand new. Reason for selling..........by the time Allisoprt got the thumb out of there arses and sent it to me the customer had got pissed off and purchased an Allard intercooler...... standard off the shelf unit that actually fit and arrived quicker than I could get Allisport on the phone. The Allisport has been sitting on a shelf for years as an reminder of bad experiences that I would like to learn from. I have probably about 1k into it........time to move on.

Side note....you DONT need a custom thinner IC to use in a Defender with AC and without the AC bumped out grill etc.

new expansion complete. Not only are we the only Rover shop in Eliot Maine...now we're also the biggest.

"Dedicated to the resurrection of junk through engineering?"
Old October 26th, 2013, 11:56 PM
Talleyrand
John
1998 Defender 110 CSW 300Tdi

Registry
Sorry to pile on further to this tangent, but I have a full size Allard that I have not fitted because of AC issue. How did you fit it? Removing the viscous fan and moving the rad back?
Old October 28th, 2013, 06:27 AM
junkyddog11
oil soaked filter
95 RRC 300tdi

custom radiator, custom radiator frame, stock AC components modified to suit. I use the viscous fan as the radiator remains the same distance to the motor.

new expansion complete. Not only are we the only Rover shop in Eliot Maine...now we're also the biggest.

"Dedicated to the resurrection of junk through engineering?"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted