Front Tunnel Cover - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old April 22nd, 2009, 03:15 PM
JPRO576
blueboy
'96 Discovery Tdi

Front Tunnel Cover

Looking for part # AWR1150. The front rubber tunnel cover piece. No longer avail. through LR. It's for a 97 d-90. Auto trans only. Getting rid of the carpet. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 22nd, 2009, 06:17 PM
GYM
Gary
97 SW

Good Luck.
I, along with at least two others here on the board have been looking for the exact same part for a while, now...

It's seems like the holy grail of NAS soft top parts...
Old April 22nd, 2009, 06:20 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Is there something wrong with the current tunnel cover that has built-in floor mats on each side?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 22nd, 2009, 06:31 PM
GYM
Gary
97 SW

This is the part with the hole for the hood release handle that fits in front of the NAS ST rubber tunnel cover, not the tunnel cover itself.

Is that part incorporated in the new style one piece cover? I also seem to recall there was some issue with fitment for the 97 NAS auto trans.

Isn't the current one piece cover standard fare for the TD5 manual transmission?
Old April 22nd, 2009, 06:40 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Oh, now I understand.

Old April 23rd, 2009, 02:56 PM
dbj2003
Brandon Jones
94 Defender 90 POE

Replace with the more complete part that insulates the entire toe box (instead of useless cardboard on older Defenders), one for driver and one for passenger, they come around and cover that area above the tunnel under the fuse box. Trim to account for year variations. Use the tunnel cover/floor mat combo to replace your tunnel and insulate the floors. Ask SafariRover, he had them new and used a little while back and I am very happy with how mine turned out. Can snap a photo of it all installed if you like.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 03:00 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Pic please.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 04:30 PM
JPRO576
blueboy
'96 Discovery Tdi

Smile tunnel cover

Brandon,

I would also love to see some pics. Thanks.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 04:36 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I thought you guys were saying that interfered with the console? Anyway, in my opinion, the hot set up is the three piece insulated rubber system that is used on current defenders. I have the seatbox cover and will fit the other two parts as opportunity presents itself.
The three pieces are-
1) single unit that covers both footwells and front of tunnel
2) single piece tunnel and floor cover
3) seatbox cover

They're heavy rubber and backed with a thick foam. Just the seatbox by itself cut down interior noise and heat levels.

Old April 23rd, 2009, 05:52 PM
GYM
Gary
97 SW

Jim: I like your idea.

If it's not too much trouble to dig up, do you have a Part Number for the single unit that covers both footwells and front of tunnel? (That might be a workable proxy for the part that is NLA, as the NAS tunnel cover itself is still available.)

Do you (or Ron) think Mike @ Westchester could source this or did you order yours from a UK vendor?
Old April 23rd, 2009, 06:00 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I don't have a part number, but Stephen at Safari Rover seems to always have some on ebay. Its not exactly cheap, but its not exactly flimsy either. Its a pretty heavy thing.
Attached Images

Old April 23rd, 2009, 06:21 PM
JPRO576
blueboy
'96 Discovery Tdi

Smile Tunnel Cover

Hi boy's. Ok here go the part #'s front tunnel cover 99 and up ETD103270. Rubber insulation that goes from left to right side LHD ETL100430. Rubber floor mats that go on top are LH BTR7987 and RH BTR7898. The rubber tunnel cover alone for auto trans is BTR9320 still avail through LR in US. I am a parts manager at a LR store so I have Microcat at my fingertips all day long. I end up drooling constantly. Currently we have been using Keith Gott for parts out of the UK. Good prices and stock. They can get almost anything. Let me know if anyone ever has any questions on part #'s or applications. Cheers.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 06:39 PM
GYM
Gary
97 SW

Thanks, John. This is helpful.
So, if I am reading it right, ETD103270 is the superceded piece for the AWR1150 NAS part that none of us can find, right? That is the piece that is pictured above in JimC's post #11, no?

Secondly, it sounds like you can't get that ETD103720 number through your normal LR parts ordering system, which is why you use Keith Gott?

Are you going to go that route for your truck?
Old April 24th, 2009, 12:26 PM
JPRO576
blueboy
'96 Discovery Tdi

Smile Awr1150

I actually may have found some in eastern Europe. I am dealing with someone right now and will find out how many I can get. They are quoting me $270.00 US dollars plus s&h. I will definately let everyone no if it works out.
Old April 24th, 2009, 12:36 PM
dbj2003
Brandon Jones
94 Defender 90 POE

Guys, I'll dig around this weekend and figure out what I paid and snap a pic. Sorry for the delay.
Thanks,
Brandon
Old April 24th, 2009, 12:36 PM
cabell
Cabell Crowther

JimC, do think the seat box unit would work on a 4 cyl. lt77? Some of this stuff has score lines for trimming to fit other models, some doesn't.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
cover