Front drivers side eyebrow - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old November 28th, 2006, 06:42 PM
oldscratchggf
nate
95 d90

Front drivers side eyebrow

I need a front matte black eyebrow. The textured kind, not the smooth kind. PM me if you`ve got one around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 7th, 2006, 12:58 AM
oldscratchggf
nate
95 d90

bump
Old December 28th, 2006, 09:35 AM
haaseizhere
william haase
1995 defender 110

I have a drivers side fender flare available. not in perfect condition, can send pictures if you are interested. both of the large ones are for the drivers side. let me know what your budget is and I will see if it is worth it. (haaseizhere@hotmail.com) . thanks. william
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fender flares602.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	7750  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 13th, 2007, 12:52 PM
oldscratchggf
nate
95 d90

bump

william- I appreciate the offer but I think I want to hold out for something a bit cleaner
Old January 26th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Shake
Bob Hanson AKA Two-Socks
Red 94 D-90 #428

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldscratchggf
I need a front matte black eyebrow. The textured kind, not the smooth kind. PM me if you`ve got one around.
Scratch,

I got tired of waiting for one. LRN has the shiny and paintable ones. I bought a shiny one because it was cheaper and my body shop knows a technique to recreate the finish of the matte/flat finish eyebrow. They are even going to repaint the other 3 so they match exactly (Very, very affordable). Got a good body shop?

If not, have you thought about just replacing them all with shiny ones, or using a rattle can to spray them all the same color?
Old January 26th, 2007, 10:51 PM
oldscratchggf
nate
95 d90

You wouldnt by chance know what they did to recreate the texture, would you?
Old January 27th, 2007, 12:13 PM
Shake
Bob Hanson AKA Two-Socks
Red 94 D-90 #428

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldscratchggf
You wouldnt by chance know what they did to recreate the texture, would you?
No. They might tell me but Larry (from AAC Autobody) said it took him years to figure out how to paint all the plastics and flex finishes on a LR. I heard him talking about a "flex additive" to the paint. AAC can paint almost anything but they specialize in Rovers and restoring them to "insurance quality." You can call Larry and ask if you want. But I suspect that is a trade secret. Believe me these guys are good...............
AAC is Larry Cox (303) 361-6354, cell (303) 587-0647 and fax (303) 361-6221

I'd say send him one to paint at the same time he does mine but I haven't talked to him this week, I don't know if he's done mine yet, and I don't know if it would match the finish on your D perfectly. Ask him how close to the original he can get it...Because I know you aren't going to send him four to paint.

I haven't even seen my D yet (lots of restoration being done) but I wonder around their shop on my own a lot, have talked to all the guys, and have seen at least 10 or 12 Rovers that they are working on or finished. They do dealer work too.

Now having said all that...If anyone does a search on this for body shops in Denver...Yeah! I recommend them. Top end work at a very fair price. But I do not know what their real "speed" is. Larry told me (nicely) he would take care of me but not to bug him about speed (I needed a deal). Basically..and this makes sense...If you DEMAND it FAST, then he has to put aside his bread-and-butter work to take care of you. That means $. (I am paraphrasing) But please don't take my word for it. Call him.

I also know one of the pickiest D owners in Denver and he uses AAC. (not going to use his name without his permission) But you will never "see" that from him because he hates using email. Get him on the phone though and you better have a comfortable seat.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted