EGR Valve and hoses? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old February 13th, 2008, 03:29 PM
bharris
Brad Harris
1994 d90 300tdi "Nola"

EGR Valve and hoses?

did anybody replace thier EGR valve with a blanking plate (which apparently helps performance on the 300 tdi) and still has the parts? want to sell them to me?

apparently they are necessary to pass inspection here in Colorado...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 13th, 2008, 04:03 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Check this out
http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=7757

My engine didnt even come with the system.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old February 13th, 2008, 06:04 PM
junkyddog11
oil soaked filter
95 RRC 300tdi

You'd need to have an engine that has the injection pump that works with the EGR valve etc, as well as all the electronics and vacuum parts. I have all this stuff (several) there ia much more to it than just the valve.

Easy to remove...very difficult to retrofit.

new expansion complete. Not only are we the only Rover shop in Eliot Maine...now we're also the biggest.

"Dedicated to the resurrection of junk through engineering?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 13th, 2008, 06:19 PM
bharris
Brad Harris
1994 d90 300tdi "Nola"

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkyddog11
You'd need to have an engine that has the injection pump that works with the EGR valve etc, as well as all the electronics and vacuum parts. I have all this stuff (several) there ia much more to it than just the valve.

Easy to remove...very difficult to retrofit.
Yea... I'm noticing this fact.

I'm trying to figure out how much of this might be on my engine now and how much is missing... PITA!!

the funny thing is none of it needs to work, just needs to be there and look like it's all hooked up. It doesn't get tested, it's just a visual inspection...

do you have pictures of what the different injection pumps might look like so I know if that is going to need replacing too?
Old February 13th, 2008, 08:16 PM
tmore
Tom More
1995 D90

Hey brad
Who told you that this had to be in place on a ' 94-95 vehicle? I have not registered/tested mine yet but did have a "pre" emissions test at a cetified test garage ( running bio diesel) and they told me the only add I had to do was add a catalytic converter... I know there is a nother guy in Boulder working on getting his registered. we should get together and share notes sometime
Old February 13th, 2008, 08:47 PM
bharris
Brad Harris
1994 d90 300tdi "Nola"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmore
Hey brad
Who told you that this had to be in place on a ' 94-95 vehicle? I have not registered/tested mine yet but did have a "pre" emissions test at a cetified test garage ( running bio diesel) and they told me the only add I had to do was add a catalytic converter... I know there is a nother guy in Boulder working on getting his registered. we should get together and share notes sometime
Vic at the Denver testing center...

we should get together and figure out what's going on here... maybe I just need a different inspector.
Old February 13th, 2008, 09:06 PM
tmore
Tom More
1995 D90

cool.. I am in Littleton, pick a place , golden or anywhere between and we can meet up some weekend..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted