Old April 21st, 2014, 10:47 AM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren Ching View Post
What is this thread about again?
a whore 130.... it's been handled by several folks in different time zones.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 21st, 2014, 12:38 PM
rovertek
chris
D130, 2001+99 p38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Larson View Post

X2...yeah I don't think that's what he meant!
So my buddy that I got my truck from is walking on 6th ave and runs in to a guy in a black d90 he stop and begins a chat ...josh says that he has been having some troubles with his truck so my buddy recommends me. Josh begins to slander my shop and tells the guy you shouldn't have sold the truck to me he's just going to flip it for big money....thats the story!
Old April 21st, 2014, 01:14 PM
Pinittowinit
Frank
Searching for double cab diesel

What did that 130 sell for
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 21st, 2014, 01:22 PM
rd10014
Ronnie
1993 NAS D110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinittowinit View Post
What did that 130 sell for
Has no relevance.
Old April 21st, 2014, 01:31 PM
tomaco1
T.mac
83 110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd10014 View Post
Has no relevance.
It kind of does since he started the thread looking for a double cab to begin with.
but understandable if the new owner wants to keep it low.
Old April 21st, 2014, 01:44 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Sort of the story, but not entirely accurate. Slander seems a bit harsh as well. I think he confused a bit of what I said I've seen happen with defender transactions, and what I actually said you'd do once I found out who actually bought it from him.

He came over and because of his accent I thought he kept saying he "just saw a 130" and then I realized he was saying he "just sold a 130". Told me it was "bottani grey" and I told him that "bonatti grey" was definitely one of my favorite colors. He said something along the lines of it having a 300tdi and a td5 interior and that he sold it way too cheap, but the buyer told him it was "his dream car" so he didn't feel too bad about it. I said something like, "yeah it's my dream car too, oh man that's a shame I need more room (point to my small-ass D90) and would have kept it - unfortunately I've seen far too many times that someone has said to a seller that the Defender is their dream car, only to pick it up for a dream price, and then just flip it."

He asked who does the work on my truck and I told him it's been pretty reliable and that I do most of my own work with friends or by myself if it isn't too over my head. I said unfortunately there's been an issue with it not wanting to idle recently, and he recommended your shop. I said yeah I knew you (no shit talking) and that I know a bunch of dudes who bring their trucks to you. He showed me some pics of the 130, it looked awesome, and I asked if he minded if I asked how much it went for and he said $XXk. The gf said she'd have bought it for that (and that she didn't even like Defenders) because she's seen that 130's go for significantly more. Then he follows up that you bought it. Remembering that in the past you've bought trucks like that Series you put some work into and tried to sell for ~$20k (now it's under $10k), or the NAS 110 I've never seen again, I didn't see it too far fetched that you could come up with a plan to put some work into this 130 and try to flip it for big money, and said yeah I'll bet he's going to try to flip it. He said that you two agreed that if you went to sell it that you'd give him first refusal. I said that's great and hopefully that's honored.

You'll have to realize that **most** of the "shit talking" I did about the new 130 owner flipping it was directed more toward all of the cases I've seen here of "buyers" saying they're buying their dream car for their own personal use, when they're really representing larger businesses.

Like this:
http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=37226
Old April 21st, 2014, 02:09 PM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Josh - time to let it go. Who cares of people purchase only to flip it a short time later. That probably represents a good 30-50 on this Forum. To try and sell for a profit a few years later probably represents most here. People need to put food on the table. That, or fund their hobbies (thinking that most of the Defenders are one's hobby anyways). It is nice that we've earmarked a rig that has held on to its value so well.
Old April 21st, 2014, 02:09 PM
Pinittowinit
Frank
Searching for double cab diesel

Well I can assure anyone this is my dream truck and once I get one it ain't getting sold. I'll drive it until I can't drive anymore, then my newborn daughter can ramble that mother trucker. If it takes a year to find my truck so be it. I got time and patients. Shopping for the last truck I will ever buy so I gotta do it right.
Old April 21st, 2014, 02:19 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
Josh - time to let it go. Who cares of people purchase only to flip it a short time later. That probably represents a good 30-50 on this Forum. To try and sell for a profit a few years later probably represents most here. People need to put food on the table. That, or fund their hobbies (thinking that most of the Defenders are one's hobby anyways). It is nice that we've earmarked a rig that has held on to its value so well.
I definitely see what you're saying. Like I said, the seller told me he let the 130 go real cheap and I told the seller that the new owner was likely going to flip it. I said that because I've seen it happen time and time again. He seemed surprised, so I figured his intention for selling wasn't just to put more food on someone else's plate for a truck he owned for a long time. If you look back here I wasn't exactly starting a fight in any way. I had dropped it, and then saw "that's the story" posted which didn't seem quite as I had remembered it.
Old April 21st, 2014, 02:41 PM
rovertek
chris
D130, 2001+99 p38

Josh is buying first round next NYC meet up!!
Nice back pedal by the way
Old April 21st, 2014, 03:21 PM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
Old April 22nd, 2014, 10:26 PM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
I need a nap after reading this. Yawn.

Present:
1960 SII 109"- "Red Square"
1984 90 Tdi- "Yamelo"
1988 RRC- "Chewbacca"
1987 RRC- "Chewy 2"
2008 RRS SC- "The Supersofa"

Past:
1959 SII 88"- "The Little Green Beastie" last seen in NY
1972 SIII 88"- "GreenHELL" now in NC
1988 90 "Eric the Half a Bee" half a truck, sold for parts
1991 RRC- never got a name- long since recycled

Lower Navigation