Don't make a dump run! Looking for Series/Defender front end/body for art project. - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old January 23rd, 2011, 09:14 PM
Fotogr4
Corey McNabb
'80 Series III 109, '96 DI, '04 DII

Don't make a dump run! Looking for Series/Defender front end/body for art project.

Hi all,

I learned (albeit too late) recently that a local rover shop took trailer load after trailer load of old Series parts and panels to the dump. Sadly, my timing left much to be desired. I'm working on an art project for my 1yo son's room and would love to intercept any dump-bound rover stuff before it meets an otherwise rather unappreciated end.

Namely, I'm looking for wrecked, dented, rusted or otherwise unusable hoods, grills, fenders, wings, bumpers, lights, windscreens, vents, bulkheads, tires, wheels, doors, windows (cracked glass ok) etc., etc. Really anything is greatly appreciated!

If you're restoring your Series or Defender or if you've wrecked yours and such, I'd much rather take your "unusable" leftovers and turn them into a fun and exciting art project for my son. If you've got a rover shop and no doubt have a pile of unsellable items around like my local shop did, let me know.

I'm in Asheville, NC and would love to find a way to not go broke paying for shipping. One man's trash...

Thanks and kind regards!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 24th, 2011, 06:08 AM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

Corey- I'm a couple hours away and have enough to make it worth the trip I feel certain. Check our website and give me a ring to coordinate- sounds like an awesome project!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old January 25th, 2011, 10:30 PM
SafariHP
Safari Heritage Parts
1983 Defender 110

Come and get it. 30 minutes from Disney.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 25th, 2011, 11:13 PM
Fotogr4
Corey McNabb
'80 Series III 109, '96 DI, '04 DII

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafariResto View Post
Come and get it. 30 minutes from Disney.
Oooh Disney! I was just saying today how it's been too long since I've been there. Not sure I'll have time for that trip until spring though. What stuff do you have? Email pics perhaps? (coreymcnabb@mac.com) Thanks for the reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovertrader View Post
Corey- I'm a couple hours away and have enough to make it worth the trip I feel certain. Check our website and give me a ring to coordinate- sounds like an awesome project!!
Great! I'll certainly check out your site and be in touch. What items do you want to unload? Thanks for your reply!

Appreciate the responses. Anyone willing to donate anything to the project that you think might suffice, please let me know. As a pro photographer, I'll certainly be taking lots of before/after pics! Oh yeah... and I used to be a set designer in Hollywood, so it should be a fun project when I'm done... fingers crossed!

Kind regards,

Corey

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
body, series