Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old June 10th, 2015, 11:08 AM
CDN38
Scott Pelly
2000 110 TD5

Registry
Dinitrol

Wanting to do a Dinitrol rust treatment on the underside of my TD5, but can't seem to find it anywhere on this side of the pond. Emailed the North American distributor and "it's not available". (kind wonder why there's a North American distributor, and what's distributing??) It's superior to Waxol, need to get my hands on some. They even have a specific kit for Defenders.

It can't be air shipped due to the chemical composition, and some of it is aerosol (also a no no with FedEx)

If anyone has any idea or connections, let me know. Anybody ever seen any of the items for sale in the US?

RC 800 Rust converter
RC 900 Rust converter
ML 3125 Cavity Way
4941 Underbody Wax

https://youtu.be/dDl6CDjW0KI

https://dinitrol.co.uk/ClassicCar/La...ofingKits.aspx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 10th, 2015, 11:29 AM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
This is the kit I want to do mine with eventually. interested in what you find out.

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Old June 10th, 2015, 12:18 PM
Naplm00
Matthew
1983 110 200tdi 3 door soft top

have you looked into ziebart?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 10th, 2015, 12:41 PM
LuisC
Luis Constantin
98 Disvovery 1 LE

Registry
Is Ziebart still around? I haven't seen one in about 20 years.
Old June 10th, 2015, 12:59 PM
broadstone
Chris
'84 CSW 90 '74 NADA III '97 CSW 110

Registry
I feel Dinitrol is a much better product compared to waxoyl. Waxoyl covers while Dinitrol penetrates and has a better variety of products on offer. I have travelled with it in my luggage with no issues. I have also put cans in an underseat toolbox when importing trucks. Not that this really helps you but perhaps you have a friend travelling soon or know someone with a truck coming in.

I think Waxoyl is kinda built on name from when they were one of a few products like that available, that is no longer the case.
Old June 10th, 2015, 01:17 PM
CDN38
Scott Pelly
2000 110 TD5

Registry
Ziebart is still around. They don't sell the actual products for rust treatment for the DIY crowd, and they don't specify exactly what it is they use. They have the word "undercoating" in their vocabulary, which is a huge red flag for me.

I have spent a considerable amount of time studying up on what's available out there (well, globally) Waxol, Bilt Hamber, Hydrate 80, Dinitrol, POR 15 etc...

Some great info came from talking to a service department for a local seaplane airline here in Vancouver. The are operating aluminum aircraft on salt water... talk about corrosion... They put me onto ACF 50 Lear Chemical Research Corporation which they spray inside the airframes, and an the entire exterior, seams, rivets etc.. It stops aluminum corrosion, (not permanently, but controls it with periodic applications). I have already gone through an application on all my body capping, hinges, exterior bolts exposed rivets seams and so on. Must admit that any of the powdery aluminum corrosion has been kept at bay. It seems to be working well, but time will tell.

They were also recommending Dinitrol, some of their technicians have used some of their products before and hold them in high regard.
Old June 10th, 2015, 01:29 PM
Wilboro
William Ficner
1997 110 csw

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN38 View Post
Ziebart is still around. They don't sell the actual products for rust treatment for the DIY crowd, and they don't specify exactly what it is they use. They have the word "undercoating" in their vocabulary, which is a huge red flag for me.

I have spent a considerable amount of time studying up on what's available out there (well, globally) Waxol, Bilt Hamber, Hydrate 80, Dinitrol, POR 15 etc...

Some great info came from talking to a service department for a local seaplane airline here in Vancouver. The are operating aluminum aircraft on salt water... talk about corrosion... They put me onto ACF 50 Lear Chemical Research Corporation which they spray inside the airframes, and an the entire exterior, seams, rivets etc.. It stops aluminum corrosion, (not permanently, but controls it with periodic applications). I have already gone through an application on all my body capping, hinges, exterior bolts exposed rivets seams and so on. Must admit that any of the powdery aluminum corrosion has been kept at bay. It seems to be working well, but time will tell.

They were also recommending Dinitrol, some of their technicians have used some of their products before and hold them in high regard.

Very interesting! I'm looking for something to coat my new galvy chassis and other vulnerable parts as I re-assemble my truck. I was going to take the waxoyl route but I think some more research is in order.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old June 10th, 2015, 02:28 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilboro View Post
Very interesting! I'm looking for something to coat my new galvy chassis and other vulnerable parts as I re-assemble my truck. I was going to take the waxoyl route but I think some more research is in order.
rust treatment for a galvy chassis is definitely going the extra 5 miles! Make sure to leave a note and a few artifacts in the chassis so that the next dominant species after the extinction of mankind will know what happened to us 10,000 years from now.

You're chassis should be the only evidence of our existence.

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Old June 10th, 2015, 02:30 PM
Wilboro
William Ficner
1997 110 csw

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
rust treatment for a galvy chassis is definitely going the extra 5 miles! Make sure to leave a note and a few artifacts in the chassis so that the next dominant species after the extinction of mankind will know what happened to us 10,000 years from now.

With the amount of salt we dump during Ottawa winters I'm basically going to pretend the zinc isn't there.... I like the note idea

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old June 10th, 2015, 02:36 PM
rankar
Randy
97 SW #2236 (Maggie)

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
Make sure to leave a note and a few artifacts in the chassis so that the next dominant species after the extinction of mankind will know what happened to us 10,000 years from now.
Haha I'm just picking myself off the floor mark!
Old June 10th, 2015, 02:45 PM
CDN38
Scott Pelly
2000 110 TD5

Registry
Powder coat it.
Old June 10th, 2015, 02:54 PM
Wilboro
William Ficner
1997 110 csw

Registry
Quote:
Powder coat it.
I'd rather use something self healing that won't potentially trap moisture between it and the chassis. My past experiences with Powder and items that go through the winter haven't been entirely favorable.

Is Dinitrol available in Canada?

Old June 10th, 2015, 03:55 PM
CDN38
Scott Pelly
2000 110 TD5

Registry
It's kind of vague about availability. A couple companies "claim" to have it, but in actual fact, they are just ordering it from the warehouse in Germany, and wanting to sell the stuff by the barrel.

I'm working on something that may allow me to bring in the actual kits that are assembled specifically for the Defenders.

If there's interest, I may try bringing in a bunch of them for those who might want them. No clue on a cost or anything yet, but if there's interest, chime in!

I would be looking at the "DIN01LR - DINITROL LAND ROVER CLASSIC RUSTPROOFING LITRES KIT" plus RC800 RUST CONVERTER

I was looking at the DIN02LR Aerosol Kit, but aerosol may cause some shipping issues.
Old June 10th, 2015, 04:18 PM
Wilboro
William Ficner
1997 110 csw

Registry
Quote:
It's kind of vague about availability. A couple companies "claim" to have it, but in actual fact, they are just ordering it from the warehouse in Germany, and wanting to sell the stuff by the barrel.

I'm working on something that may allow me to bring in the actual kits that are assembled specifically for the Defenders.

If there's interest, I may try bringing in a bunch of them for those who might want them. No clue on a cost or anything yet, but if there's interest, chime in!

I would be looking at the "DIN01LR - DINITROL LAND ROVER CLASSIC RUSTPROOFING LITRES KIT" plus RC800 RUST CONVERTER

I was looking at the DIN02LR Aerosol Kit, but aerosol may cause some shipping issues.
I'd be interested in one of their Cavity Waxes and Under Body Waxes. Not quite sure which one need to read a bit more first.

This is something I'm looking to use in the nearish future, so when it was going to be available would affect if I was going to go for it or not.

Will

Old June 10th, 2015, 04:24 PM
CDN38
Scott Pelly
2000 110 TD5

Registry
You would be looking at the New Vehicle Rust Proofing Kit
Old June 10th, 2015, 04:24 PM
Wilboro
William Ficner
1997 110 csw

Registry
Quote:
You would be looking at the New Vehicle Rust Proofing Kit
Potentially yes. Or I might just go for the two items on their own.

Old June 12th, 2015, 07:28 AM
RockShow
Ben Goodwin
1996 D1

I would be interested in one of the kits if they aren't too steep.
Old November 21st, 2016, 06:32 PM
WestCoastRover
Jeff
2000 TD5

Registry
Just curious if there were any new leads on a DIY Dinitrol supplier in North America. I know Rovalution in Norh Vancouver does a great job providing the service with this product, but I would like to try the kit myself.

Thanks!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted