Desperately Seeking Hardtop & misc - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old September 11th, 2005, 04:53 PM
ThreeCorgis
Status: Offline
Kim Volhontseff
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Greenwood, CA USA
Posts: 3
Desperately Seeking Hardtop & misc

Got the '94 Defender of my dreams but sadly only w/soft top.... searching for a hardtop - PLEASE!!! Located on West Coast (N.CA)....will consider long distance if you can pack it well Also need rear tail light covers and the protective grills ... interior speaker covers too. If you can help I will be indebted forever....Thanks!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old September 15th, 2005, 02:34 PM
Roadsiderob's Avatar
Roadsiderob
Status: Offline
Robert Dassler
1994 D90
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA
Posts: 994
While looking for center caps for another poster, I found a speaker grill if you still need it.
Rob
__________________
Rob Dassler
SWR Automotive
505-872-7818 (shop)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old September 20th, 2005, 11:23 AM
ThreeCorgis
Status: Offline
Kim Volhontseff
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Greenwood, CA USA
Posts: 3
Thanks...

Thanks for the reply Rob - I just emailed you.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old September 21st, 2005, 02:19 PM
redrovrch
Status: Offline
Chad Huston
Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Springfield, IL
Posts: 17
Thumbs up fiberglass hardtop

I have one sitting in the garage gathering dust. Ive listed it before but didnt get much interest. I am in central Illinois, however, and I dont think this would ship very easily. The top is in good condition I just dont use it anymore. It has a small crack below the window on rear hatch, approx. 2 inches long but i think could be easily fixed and not easily seen as sits behind spare tire. If interested e-mail me as I dont check this site often enough. Chuston@siumed.edu Oh yeah. I would like$1150. Chad
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old September 23rd, 2005, 01:52 PM
ThreeCorgis
Status: Offline
Kim Volhontseff
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Greenwood, CA USA
Posts: 3
Thanks...

Thanks Chad - I emailed you
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old November 6th, 2005, 03:01 AM
Adam Armendariz
Status: Offline
Adam Armendariz
1994 Defender 90 Metal HT
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Paso Robles, CA, SLO
Posts: 38
Talking Have Hard top In Central California!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeCorgis
Got the '94 Defender of my dreams but sadly only w/soft top.... searching for a hardtop - PLEASE!!! Located on West Coast (N.CA)....will consider long distance if you can pack it well Also need rear tail light covers and the protective grills ... interior speaker covers too. If you can help I will be indebted forever....Thanks!
I may have what you need, I have a hard top that needs fiberglass work but would be the easiest and probably closest to you. There are 6 parts to hard top: The two sides of top near windows are cracked, the top itself is fine but is starting to crack near sides, the back corner pieces are in good shape but may be chipped at corners. the tailgate & rear window have no issues. All glass is in good shape. I have had several fiberglass guys come out & estimate repair costs between $300-$500. I can sell top for $650 (as is) or $1200 (MAX) repaired. I have been waiting on repairs to see if someone may want it as is or to part it out. Please let me know as soon as you can, I have several people who want parts and have been holding them off to sell the whole thing. Please e-mail me at sylvia100@charter.net thanks-Adam
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old November 6th, 2005, 12:04 PM
JimC's Avatar
JimC
Status: Offline
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Posts: 7,154
Registry
My top has been repaired (by me) and that works well. I took it to a paint shop after and had the roof panel painted alpine white and the sides body color. I like it.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old November 6th, 2005, 06:42 PM
Adam Armendariz
Status: Offline
Adam Armendariz
1994 Defender 90 Metal HT
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Paso Robles, CA, SLO
Posts: 38
Talking Fiberglass Top reapir

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
My top has been repaired (by me) and that works well. I took it to a paint shop after and had the roof panel painted alpine white and the sides body color. I like it.
Thanks for the Info. The Fiberglass guy also said that he could add some extra supports to prevent future cracking.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old November 9th, 2005, 01:19 AM
boshea's Avatar
boshea
Status: Offline
Brian OShea
1995 Defender 90 ST
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Los Angeles, CA / Denver, CO
Posts: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrovrch
I have one sitting in the garage gathering dust. Ive listed it before but didnt get much interest. I am in central Illinois, however, and I dont think this would ship very easily. The top is in good condition I just dont use it anymore. It has a small crack below the window on rear hatch, approx. 2 inches long but i think could be easily fixed and not easily seen as sits behind spare tire. If interested e-mail me as I dont check this site often enough. Chuston@siumed.edu Oh yeah. I would like$1150. Chad
Hi Chad,

Is your hardtop still available?

Thanks,
Brian
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old November 10th, 2005, 05:26 PM
Method PHX's Avatar
Method PHX
Status: Offline
Brent Frazier
D130
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA
Posts: 459
I have a set of 2 speaker covers. $30 shipped, let me know if you want them.

thanks!
__________________
Method PHX: Defender Alchemy
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
hardtop

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
where to get SEALASTIC for NAS hardtop install? psolvik Defender Technical Discussions 4 October 10th, 2009 04:48 PM
Garage Sale (Audio/Video and Misc.) Rovercox For Sale - Parts 1 February 8th, 2006 10:55 PM
Fiberglass Hardtop for Sale boshea For Sale - Parts 3 October 19th, 2005 08:18 PM
Looking for a Hardtop???? adibitar Wanted 2 July 11th, 2005 12:48 AM
Help with installing hardtop Chris Cox Defender Technical Discussions 4 November 24th, 2004 04:56 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:29 AM.


Copyright