Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old March 12th, 2014, 08:48 AM
Flying Gorilla
Mike D.
None (Searching Europe)

Defender Search

Greetings,

I am a US Service member currently stationed in Wiesbaden, Germany. I'm looking for a Defender that is more than 25 years old with the original numbers matching, so I can import it back to the states when my tour ends in 2016. I would prefer a LHD model, but I am willing to learn how to shift with my left hand if it means I get to own a Rover. I would also prefer it to be something I could use as my daily driver before I head back to the States, as I didn't ship the majority of my tools to Europe with me. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance. - Mike
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." Robert A. Heinlein

"The terms Protective Armor and Helicopter are mutually exclusive."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 12th, 2014, 08:51 AM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

Visit www.riverhousemini.com and give Mike a call.
Old March 12th, 2014, 09:09 AM
rivermike
Michael
2008 LHD Tdci 110 Keswick Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjfslaughter View Post
Visit www.riverhousemini.com and give Mike a call.

Thanks Tom !!

------ Follow up post added March 12th, 2014 02:11 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Gorilla View Post
Greetings,

I am a US Service member currently stationed in Wiesbaden, Germany. I'm looking for a Defender that is more than 25 years old with the original numbers matching, so I can import it back to the states when my tour ends in 2016. I would prefer a LHD model, but I am willing to learn how to shift with my left hand if it means I get to own a Rover. I would also prefer it to be something I could use as my daily driver before I head back to the States, as I didn't ship the majority of my tools to Europe with me. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi Mike,

Please call me to discuss. I might have the perfect 110 200 tdi for you, LHD, very sound condition, it is a 1991 so can be safely imported in 2016.

Rivermike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

EMAIlL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Current Inventory is listed in my STOCKLIST section

Worldwide shipping is our specialty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 12th, 2014, 09:26 AM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Gorilla View Post
Greetings,

PM member here JimC ... he's US military stationed in Germany and is a Admin here on the site ... he has several defenders and is familiar with all the nuances of the vehicles and what's legal.

He's also a bloody nice bloke! ;-)
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Old March 12th, 2014, 09:38 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Which state will you be registering the truck in upon your return to the US?
Old March 12th, 2014, 10:10 AM
Flying Gorilla
Mike D.
None (Searching Europe)

Thanks for the advice!

Mike, I will be sure to contact you shortly regarding the 91. It might have to wait until after the long weekend. I'm heading to Paris to watch the 6 Nations Rugby Match.

As for the state I'm planning on registering it in, I don't know yet. The chances are it will be either Alabama or Kansas. It's up to Uncle Sam. My home of record is in California and they are a nightmare for your everyday normal dealings, not to mention something like an imported Defender. In fact, I've been gone from there so long I'm not even sure if I could legally register it there.
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." Robert A. Heinlein

"The terms Protective Armor and Helicopter are mutually exclusive."
Old March 12th, 2014, 10:17 AM
javelinadave
-
-

Joshua I'm sure asked specifically due to the fact that you won't be able to register the truck in California, especially if it's a diesel.
Old March 12th, 2014, 10:21 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Lets hope Alabama and Kansas are nicer to Defenders than California. At worst, you have a ready market on this forum.....

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old March 13th, 2014, 01:44 PM
johan
johan
2009 Range Rover

I have two 110 V8 in the Netherlands, waiting for transport to US. Can sell locally too. Located in the Rotterdam area.

Both station wagons, LHD and original. one is a 84 and the other is 85. The last one in good condition, the first one in very good condition it even has the original factory carpets in the load area.

If this is what you are looking for I can send you more information.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
defender