Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old February 15th, 2014, 09:18 AM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Yes import duty is normally paid by the importer however seeing instances where the US is pushing for exporters to collect the tax.
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 15th, 2014, 09:25 AM
dave_lucas
Dave Lucas
None

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/vat/managing/...ts/goods.htm#6

VAT on exports of goods to non-EU countries

VAT is a tax charged on goods used in the EU, so if goods are exported outside the EU, VAT isn't charged. You can zero-rate the sale, provided you get and keep evidence of the export, and comply with all other laws. You must also make sure the goods are exported, and you must get the evidence, within three months from the time of sale. This can be longer for goods that need processing before export and for thoroughbred racehorses.

The time of sale is the earlier of:
•the day you send the goods to your customer
•the day you receive full payment for them (if earlier)

You mustn't zero-rate sales if your customer asks for them to be delivered to a UK address. If the customer arranges to collect them from you - an indirect export - you may be able to zero-rate the sale as long as certain conditions are met.

http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsP...130#P216_18083

1.6 What is the UK law relating to exports?

The UK VAT law relating to the zero-rating of exports of goods for VAT purposes can be found in:
◾ Section 30(6) of the VAT Act 1994 for direct exports.
◾ Section 30(8) of the VAT Act 1994 and Regulation 129 of the VAT Regulations (Statutory Instrument 1995/2518) for indirect exports.
◾ Section 30(10) of the VAT Act 1994 for circumstances where the conditions for zero-rating are not met.

Additional legislation and Extra Statutory Concessions (ESCs) exist to allow relief from taxation in specific circumstances.

top ^

1.7 What is the legal status of this notice?

Under UK VAT law, HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) may specify conditions to prevent evasion, avoidance or abuse. This notice lays down the conditions, which must be met in full, for goods exported outside the EC to be zero-rated. Plain English has been used wherever possible but as these conditions have legal status, some legal wording has been necessary.

Text shown in boxes has the force of law.

top ^

2.The basics

top ^

2.1 What is meant by VAT zero-rating?

A zero-rated VAT supply is one which is subject to VAT but where the VAT is at 0 per cent.

top ^

2.2 Why does zero-rating apply to exports?

VAT is a tax levied on goods and services consumed in the EC. When goods are exported they are 'consumed' outside the EC and to impose VAT on such goods would be contrary to the purpose of the tax. Therefore, the supply of exported goods is zero-rated provided certain conditions are met.

top ^

2.3 Who is the 'exporter' for VAT zero-rating purposes?

The exporter is the person who, for VAT purposes either:
◾ supplies or owns goods and exports or arranges for them to be exported to a destination outside the EC, or
◾ supplies goods to an overseas person, who arranges for the goods to be exported to a destination outside the EC.

Special rules exist if an export is preceded by multiple transactions (see paragraph 4.1).

top ^

2.4 What is meant by 'an overseas person'?

This means a person or company who is not resident in the UK or has no business establishment in the UK from which taxable supplies are made, or is an overseas authority.

2.5 Can I appoint someone to handle my export transactions?

Yes. You can appoint a freight forwarder, shipping company, airline or other person to handle export transactions and produce the necessary customs export declarations on your behalf. Information on customs procedures is contained in Notice 275 Customs: export procedures.

top ^

2.6 What are an agent’s obligations?

The freight forwarder, shipping company, airline or other person appointed by you, the exporter, or your overseas customer must:
◾ take reasonable steps to make sure that the goods are as described by the exporter
◾ make sure that the necessary pre- or post-shipment customs formalities are completed
◾ make sure that the goods are exported within the time limits specified by the exporter
◾ keep records of each export transaction
◾ obtain or provide valid evidence of export (see sections 6 and 7) and send it to the exporter once the goods have been exported.

2.10 What is meant by direct exports?

For VAT purposes a direct export occurs when you the supplier send goods to a destination outside the EC, and you are responsible either for arranging the transport yourself or appointing a freight agent. The goods may be exported by any of the following means:
◾ in your baggage
◾ in your own transport
◾ by rail, post or courier service, or
◾ by a shipping line, airline or freight forwarder employed by you and not by your customer.

3.Conditions and time limits for zero-rating

top ^

3.1 General

You must meet certain conditions before you can zero-rate supplies of goods for export. These conditions cover the:
◾ evidence (either official or commercial) you must hold to prove entitlement to zero-rating
◾ time limits in which the goods must be physically exported from the EC
◾ time limits in which you must obtain evidence of export to support zero-rating.

Only exports that comply with these conditions are eligible for zero-rating.

top ^

3.2 Why are conditions necessary?

The conditions set out in regulations and this notice are necessary to make sure only genuine exports are zero-rated whilst keeping VAT export procedures as simple as possible.

top ^

3.3 Conditions for zero-rating direct exports

The text in this box has the force of law

A supply of goods sent to a destination outside the EC is liable to the zero rate as a direct export where you:

◾ make sure that the goods are exported from the EC within the specified time limits (see paragraph 3.5)
◾ obtain official or commercial evidence of export as appropriate (see paragraphs 6.2 and 6.3) within the specified time limits
◾ keep supplementary evidence of the export transaction (see paragraph 6.4), and
◾ comply with the law and the conditions of this notice.

You must not zero-rate a direct export where you:
◾ deliver or post the goods to a customer’s address in the EC (including the UK), or
◾ allow the goods to be collected by or on behalf of your customer even if it is claimed they are for subsequent export. See paragraphs 3.6 and 7.4 for details of deliveries made to another UK trader for groupage, consolidation, processing or incorporation prior to export.

And on and on and on read all you want
Old February 15th, 2014, 07:17 PM
javelinadave
-
-

Ready - Fire - Aim and Jason E just walks away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 15th, 2014, 07:42 PM
rlynch356
Robert Lynch
1995 NAS

i've got a heritage badge off my grill if anyone needs it to complete their setup.
<too many badges for be is why i took it off>

I originally bought mine from safari dust (?) along with the Alu kick panels he was selling - i think they are defunct now.

95' D90 - daily driver..
Old February 15th, 2014, 08:01 PM
rlynch356
Robert Lynch
1995 NAS

i'll have to dig it out

95' D90 - daily driver..
Old February 15th, 2014, 08:07 PM
ruggedalaskaman
Frank
1995 NAS D-90 #375

Registry
Licked
Old February 15th, 2014, 08:11 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlynch356 View Post
I originally bought mine from safari dust (?) along with the Alu kick panels he was selling - i think they are defunct now.
That may be so...BUT LeloFab has an even better set
http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=42843
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old February 15th, 2014, 08:12 PM
rlynch356
Robert Lynch
1995 NAS

Considering i don't what a price is yet, no pictures, where in the parts horde it is, etc.
Awesome... maybe..
or the line forms here i guess.

it is just the badge too, not the grill (that stays on my truck)

------ Follow up post added February 15th, 2014 06:15 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
That may be so...BUT LeloFab has an even better set
http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=42843
that maybe so.. if you dot have a set but i already have the other ones installed in my truck, so i think thats better .

95' D90 - daily driver..
Old February 17th, 2014, 10:27 PM
BlackField
Oscar
D110

Quote:
It is VAT (value added tax) that you are paying. A UK tax

Thanks
Michelle
It's a VAT
Old February 17th, 2014, 10:31 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackField View Post
It's a VAT
That's not adding much value for us on this side of the pond!
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old February 17th, 2014, 10:43 PM
geoellis
George
1995 D90 #2904 - BB

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlynch356 View Post
Considering i don't what a price is yet, no pictures, where in the parts horde it is, etc.
Awesome... maybe..
or the line forms here i guess.

it is just the badge too, not the grill (that stays on my truck)
I'll get in line for the badge.
Old June 10th, 2017, 09:23 AM
johnnydakota
Mike
1991 Defender 200 tdi

Does anyone know where I can get a heritage grill? The only ones I've seen are on ebay for like $400.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
defender