D90 ST B-pillar 'horns' & rubber bits - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old July 28th, 2014, 08:53 AM
tim
Timothy Homewood
Defender 50th going topless

D90 ST B-pillar 'horns' & rubber bits

Hi, a long shot.. My B pillar was from a version of the ST that came without the Horns to attach to the A pillar, and given that I have taken the top of my Defender 50th I am modifying..
I am looking for the B pillar horns and the rubber bits that seal to the soft top, be it from a damaged cage or removed in anger.. Or I will just have to fabricate something up.
Also, looking for a pair of can't rails in good condition.
Cheers, Tim
( as usual, it would be great if you can ship to Hong Kong, or otherwise ship to a friend of mine in the US..I will PayPal in advance of course).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 28th, 2014, 11:49 AM
BOBCAT110
Ken Jagolta
94 d-90

I believe the 50th was pretty much a NAS Station Wagon. Thus, your b pillar is very different from a NAS Soft Top one. You either need to get a st cage or modify yours quite a bit. It was not designed to accept cantrails and diagonals.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old July 28th, 2014, 12:44 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBCAT110 View Post
I believe the 50th was pretty much a NAS Station Wagon. Thus, your b pillar is very different from a NAS Soft Top one. You either need to get a st cage or modify yours quite a bit. It was not designed to accept cantrails and diagonals.
Safety Devices made B pillars with NAS Soft Top foam etc, but without the horns that extended to the A portion of the cage. I've seen a few pics of them. Tim and I spoke about his cage a while back and I still don't think it'll be possible to get the horns into it, as they were welded on and then covered over with the foam as part of the manufacturing process. Tim you'd have to basically screw up your really rare cage piece. I just don't see the point, as it may not even work.

Pics

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...2682#post42682
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 28th, 2014, 01:48 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Do you have this cage?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-400352220.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	303.9 KB
ID:	99549  
Old July 28th, 2014, 01:57 PM
BOBCAT110
Ken Jagolta
94 d-90

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Safety Devices made B pillars with NAS Soft Top foam etc, but without the horns that extended to the A portion of the cage. I've seen a few pics of them. Tim and I spoke about his cage a while back and I still don't think it'll be possible to get the horns into it, as they were welded on and then covered over with the foam as part of the manufacturing process. Tim you'd have to basically screw up your really rare cage piece. I just don't see the point, as it may not even work.

Pics

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...2682#post42682
Ahh, ok. I did not know he acquired a different b pillar. Thanks for the clarification.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old July 28th, 2014, 06:52 PM
tim
Timothy Homewood

Hi, yes that is the roll bar in the picture. I originally bought it for another project, but have finally ended up using it on the 50th. It is in all respects identical to the NAS ones, however the horns were not used and the tooling for the foam was blanked off. Given that welding is out of the question I will be bolting on, as is the case with the SW cages.
Tim
Old July 28th, 2014, 07:17 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

I say you leave it alone

http://img.favcars.com/land-rover/de...der_1990_1.jpg
Old July 28th, 2014, 07:30 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Or better yet

http://www.autoruote4x4.com/it/un_au...l#.U9bc7BY29uZ
Old July 29th, 2014, 08:52 AM
tim
Timothy Homewood

Ha, ha,..indeed if I did not have an A pillar roll bar on the Defender 50th I probably would not bother (although the snap rails look a bit odd by themselves with the top removed, but I could make them more easily removable as per the Elise). I do now have the A pillar cage mounts in the front wings without a front cage which is also a bit odd. I am currently running the fastback with holes where horns should be..and probably owe you all a few pics.
Tim
Old July 29th, 2014, 09:36 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
If it makes you feel any better, your A bar from your SW sits an inch or so higher in the section that runs along the top of the front doors, so it wouldn't mate up properly even if you had a proper B pillar.
Old July 29th, 2014, 10:33 AM
tim
Timothy Homewood

Hi, yes you are right..almost one tube diameter put of place..good news (although expensive ) the front part can still be found. For the brave I have also calculated you could cut and shut a SW one if nothing better to do.

Tim

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
90, d90, horn, rubber