Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old January 19th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Giampaulo Cinquegrana
95 DI SR Extreme Kit - 94 RRC LWB
D-90 Source Vendor
Originally Posted by the rover shop View Post
I may be interested in that..I thought about going that route as well but I was concerned about it hindering easy access to the rear compartments...too much negative for the VERY few times I may need it... I have a 4000lb tirfor with a 75ft cable and an additional 75ft plasma winch extension cord... I figure if I need to go backwards my fat ass gets a workout as well..;-)..Most of the stuff I have setup on the trip is to make the camping lifestyle a little less rugged and to make sure I can get the vehicle out of any situation I have to.. I have sand ladders as well as a hi-lift jack and an exhaust jack bag.... I "think" i am going to be trying to avoid too much extreme off roading...I am contemplating taking my trailer with me with our motorcycles in it...may do some travelling on bikes every now and then...the fuel savings when doing this may offset the hassle of taking them... at least thats how I am trying to justify it in my mind... We have everything we need to do the whole motorcycle camping thing as well..
How big are the bikes? I can haul my KLR650 on a hitch style carrier but I wouldn't carry two large bikes on a dual carrier. Unless of course you have two smaller dirtbikes.

The winch carrier looks like this:

John C.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted