Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Mildew green. My Favorite color. Congrats on your new ride/
Old September 25th, 2016, 07:17 AM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
Still not sure how posting a picture of a truck on this forum compromises ones personal security. Strange indeed.
Advertisement

Old September 25th, 2016, 08:02 AM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddymow View Post
Still not sure how posting a picture of a truck on this forum compromises ones personal security. Strange indeed.
All signs point to your previous comment, and now he's all bent because the scam won't work if he has to make it seem real. But he also lost me when he blew the spelling in the title.
Old September 25th, 2016, 08:37 AM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix37 View Post
He just sent me a picture. Loading up my 97ST
I was going to guess Santana...
Old September 25th, 2016, 08:38 AM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by smob View Post
All signs point to your previous comment, and now he's all bent because the scam won't work if he has to make it seem real. But he also lost me when he blew the spelling in the title.
ha! good catch

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old January 23rd, 2017, 12:27 PM
AdamSanta85
Adam
91' D90 200TDI

Registry
I have been seeing him post a lot of redundant threads on the forum and decided to dig deeper. He bought this truck for $50k.

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...tdi-70977.html

It now seems like he is trying to make it look like a NAS truck, or at least is having a case of NAS envy.

Anyone want my truck? Ill take $50k for it all day and it has all the bits he is seeking out.
Old January 23rd, 2017, 12:44 PM
classic4x4
J
Defender

I Have my truck and I absolutely love it the way it is. Lately I've been starting to get a soft top setup. I wanted to see what my options are. I don't appreciate the skepticism I'm being tossed. If I am looking for the safer NAS cages for a family car then I have every right to do so. "NAS Envy" is hilarious to say the least. My "redundant posts" have yielded several parts I've been searching for for quite some time and very pleasant and helpful member responses. To Each his own. Please let me conduct myself without being treated harshly on this site. Were all on the same boat with these vehicles and share common interests. Thank you.
Old January 23rd, 2017, 01:02 PM
AdamSanta85
Adam
91' D90 200TDI

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by classic4x4 View Post
If I am looking for the safer NAS cages for a family car then I have every right to do so. "NAS Envy" is hilarious to say the least.
What I meant by NAS envy is that since joining you created:

1 thread trying to trade your truck for a NAS

1 asking about NAS front hood lettering

3 threads about NAS step bumpers

2 threads about NAS cage

1 thread about NAS wheels

1 thread about NAS fender flares

I would buy the safety argument if you weren't asking about flares, bumper, wheels, and hood lettering.. and this thread. Regardless it doesn't matter, there is nothing wrong with wanting to add NAS items to your truck. A lot of the pieces are very nice. Nothing to get upset about

As far as redundancy goes, a lot of the threads you have created are asking questions that are total ground balls if you just used the search feature. However I am sure I am guilty of this sometimes as well.

Rather then reply to your PM asking this, I figured it was best just to reply here. I am not attacking you, I don't mean anything personal by it. Your truck is nice. The reason I bumped this thread is because it added some closure to it.
Old January 23rd, 2017, 01:10 PM
classic4x4
J
Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamSanta85 View Post
What I meant by NAS envy is that since joining you created:

1 thread trying to trade your truck for a NAS

1 asking about NAS front hood lettering

3 threads about NAS step bumpers

2 threads about NAS cage

1 thread about NAS wheels

1 thread about NAS fender flares

I would buy the safety argument if you weren't asking about flares, bumper, wheels, and hood lettering.. and this thread. Regardless it doesn't matter, there is nothing wrong with wanting to add NAS items to your truck. A lot of the pieces are very nice. Nothing to get upset about

As far as redundancy goes, a lot of the threads you have created are asking questions that are total ground balls if you just used the search feature. However I am sure I am guilty of this sometimes as well.

Rather then reply to your PM asking this, I figured it was best just to reply here. I am not attacking you, I don't mean anything personal by it. Your truck is nice. The reason I bumped this thread is because it added some closure to it.

No worries, sorry for the confusion. There were several very attractive attributes of the 90's trucks. I grew up in a 94 AA yellow ST and miss the darn thing. Sorry for misinterpreting your post. MY plan is to get a nice rear step bumper (someone replied to my post) a brush guard (also had a reply) and do a few cosmetic things here and there. I also wanted to get a soft top setup as I've always been a fan of the look and driving experience. I have very little experience with forums and If I'm posting improperly, my apologies and I'll try to figure out a better method of asking questions. I do love my truck and my family and I had been looking for its specific color for a long time. The gentleman I bought it from did some absolutely incredible work on the vehicle as well.

Sorry for the confusion gentleman, there are some priceless resources on this forum that are almost necessary to have in order to keep these trucks on the road for many years to come. I've certainly learned an incredible amount of information in the short time I've been here and Ill do my best to conduct myself in a way that is problem free for everyone.
Old January 23rd, 2017, 01:13 PM
WeBeCinYa
WeBeCinYa
94 ST #84

Registry
No worries bud. But after all this...I cannot find a pic of your rig. Too much to ask to put a pic of your Defender on here for frame of reference?
1991 Range Rover Classic (sold)
1995 Range Rover Classic (sold)
2006 LR3 SE (sold)
Old January 23rd, 2017, 01:19 PM
classic4x4
J
Defender

Ive been having trouble on both forums with pictures lately, currently, neither site is allowing me to post pictures to my registry (Which was up and viewable here for months) I keep getting this error code

Update: Everything is viewable in the registry except the main image, Working on it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-01-23 at 2.17.14 PM.png
Views:	10
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	197073  
Old January 23rd, 2017, 01:59 PM
KGH
Real Name
#1-'13 110SW,#2-'87 127,#3-'12 LR4

Registry
http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...1&d=1474610460

This is you pic from Sept.

Kind of a weird little dude, aren't you?
Old January 23rd, 2017, 02:03 PM
classic4x4
J
Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGH View Post
http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...1&d=1474610460

This is you pic from Sept.

Kind of a weird little dude, aren't you?

Idk about weird little dude but thats it!
Old January 23rd, 2017, 02:17 PM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
I don't know about calling people weird or little when you don't know them, but I do know that this thread is getting way too much attention and everyone should go look at my thread and find me a set of sill channels!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Present:
1960 SII 109"- "Red Square"
1984 90 Tdi- "Yamelo"
1988 RRC- "Chewbacca"
1987 RRC- "Chewy 2"
2008 RRS SC- "The Supersofa"

Past:
1959 SII 88"- "The Little Green Beastie" last seen in NY
1972 SIII 88"- "GreenHELL" now in NC
1988 90 "Eric the Half a Bee" half a truck, sold for parts
1991 RRC- never got a name- long since recycled
Old January 23rd, 2017, 02:32 PM
classic4x4
J
Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren Ching View Post
I don't know about calling people weird or little when you don't know them, but I do know that this thread is getting way too much attention and everyone should go look at my thread and find me a set of sill channels!

Thank you for chiming in! I agree! Im looking for a set as well and will PM you or reply to your thread with what I have found. Found a US distributor selling exactly what you've posted you're looking for!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags