Comp/Alternator Mounting Hardware - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old July 8th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Smirk1010
Justin
1986 3.5 V8 Ninety

Comp/Alternator Mounting Hardware

I am adding AC to a 1986 3.5 V8 Ninety and I am looking for the compressor and alternator mounting hardware as well as power steering pump pulley. The main part numbers are listed below. Please let me know if you have any of these parts or know where I can find them. Thanks.

Alternator Brackets:
ERC6538
ERC7548
ERC6547

Compressor Brackets:
ERC7494
ERC6545

Power Steering Pump Pulley:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 9th, 2011, 07:32 AM
junkyddog11
oil soaked filter
95 RRC 300tdi

Is that the setup for the York compressor? (don't have time to look that all up now).
if so I think Craddock in UK had most of it last time I looked. http://www.johncraddockltd.co.uk/pro...r_90110_v8.php
I may have all of it also (84 RRC) but will not be back at the shop until Tuesday to confirm .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
new expansion complete. Not only are we the only Rover shop in Eliot Maine...now we're also the biggest.

"Dedicated to the resurrection of junk through engineering?"
Old July 9th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Smirk1010
Justin
1986 3.5 V8 Ninety

Not sure about the compressor manufacturer. But that raises a good question. Will that bracket work with a newer model compressor? The one pictured in the LR parts manual looks significantly different from those in the later models. Would a compressor bracket for a 4.0V8 fit in a 3.5?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 10th, 2011, 07:02 AM
junkyddog11
oil soaked filter
95 RRC 300tdi

The older bracket works only for the York type compressor.
The 4.0 will not work(easily).
One way out is probably the front end from a 3.9 (timing cover out) which will give you all the bits you need for your AC plus a water pump and other ancillary parts that can easily be sourced . Can be had cheaply from a junk yard late model Range Rover. 87 to 91 would be the easiest years to scavenge. I've done this quite a few times.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
new expansion complete. Not only are we the only Rover shop in Eliot Maine...now we're also the biggest.

"Dedicated to the resurrection of junk through engineering?"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
alternator, bracket, compressor, mount