Car broken into. Now what?? Line-X, Rhino, or Land Rover Mats??? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old August 6th, 2009, 06:52 PM
vkv
Kamyar Vaghar
1994 D90

Cool Car broken into. Now what?? Line-X, Rhino, or Land Rover Mats???

So some asshole broke into my car and tried to break into the Tuffy box and steal the stereo. Tuffy did it's job and they couldn't get in. But they mangled the box, cut themselves in the process, and I came out in the morning to find blood splattered and dripped on my seats, mats, etc. They also took one of my seat cushions that someone is now using as a pillow. Now what?

I am throwing out all the bloody mats and trying to get the insurance company to replace both seats. They say they will only replace the cushion that is missing. I told them a new one won't match a 15 year old seat, but we'll see how that shakes out. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

As far as the mats go, I have been thinking about putting in a Line-X or Rhino lining for a while. Does anyone prefer one over the other? Is there a difference? I would need one of the non-slick versions so that my dog doesn't fly around the back. Or would I be better off just replacing the mats? Any suggestions, again, much appreciated...

So far I have ordered a new Tuffy box. My deductible is $1000 and the cheap ass insurance company doesn't want to replace the seats with blood on them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 6th, 2009, 07:06 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Aren't your seats vinyl, this being a 1994? Just wash them. I would use LR mats and line-x can't be undone.
Old August 6th, 2009, 07:11 PM
JohnsD90
John
74 SIII 88", 88 110, 91 110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkv
So some asshole broke into my car and tried to break into the Tuffy box and steal the stereo. Tuffy did it's job and they couldn't get in. But they mangled the box, cut themselves in the process, and I came out in the morning to find blood splattered and dripped on my seats, mats, etc. They also took one of my seat cushions that someone is now using as a pillow. Now what?

I am throwing out all the bloody mats and trying to get the insurance company to replace both seats. They say they will only replace the cushion that is missing. I told them a new one won't match a 15 year old seat, but we'll see how that shakes out. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

As far as the mats go, I have been thinking about putting in a Line-X or Rhino lining for a while. Does anyone prefer one over the other? Is there a difference? I would need one of the non-slick versions so that my dog doesn't fly around the back. Or would I be better off just replacing the mats? Any suggestions, again, much appreciated...

So far I have ordered a new Tuffy box. My deductible is $1000 and the cheap ass insurance company doesn't want to replace the seats with blood on them.
"Don't" Just take the front seats out of the car and tell them both were stolen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 6th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Gren_T
Gren Thomas
1985 90 300tdi auto

sorry to hear they damaged your truck but at least it bit back.
a similar thing happend to me years ago, a scumbage broke into my garage where i was restoring a series 3 they got away with a snapon top box full of tools but cut themselves badly on some plate i was cutting up for patches.
judging from the blood they left over the sides of the truck and floor it was a deep one.

anyway... I have sprayed the rear of my 90 with line-X and I'm very pleased with it though not seen the rhino it's textured, non slip and is covering scrapes and holes in the rear tub and will cut down the noise and seal the tub.
I have also fitted the wright offroad urathane mats in the front and they look the preverbial dogs.!
If the insurance will wear it i'd bin the mats and fit the urathane ones, check the recent safarirover thread.

regards
Old August 7th, 2009, 01:12 AM
vkv
Kamyar Vaghar
1994 D90

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsD90
"Don't" Just take the front seats out of the car and tell them both were stolen.
Too late. Insurance already came to inspect. I was too honest I guess.
Old August 9th, 2009, 02:17 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

Wash the mats and keep them... The seats too.

It is probably the blood of a poor, poor, really poor homeless guy that really needed money for food and a drink, and his ailing Mom. The SF mayor will probably give him the key to the city.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
mats