I have a fiberglass auto console I would be willing to sell. This is the console that George at RDS sells, it is NOT a plastic original. This one is molded from an original '97 plastic LR OEM console. The shape is very good and it is actually stronger than the LR OEM unit since it is heavier. The color is pretty good to. The only drawback; it does not come with any of the hardware (screws, lock/catch, hinge, etc.) only the equivalent plastic components. The console also does have some very minor 'mold' injection marks, specifically on the right top side near the shifter (it is only a visual issue). This console can easily be used for a conversion if needed. The OEM plastic console is a backordered part at LR dealers and costs $900+. George was selling his for around $800. You may find one for half that, but if you do, you got a good deal. The original consoles have become almost impossible to find.
The RDS fiberglass console came with all the equivalent pieces to the plastic OEM console:
- the large main console (has cutouts for lid tray, shifter pod, t-case shifter and fuse block).
- the outer "lid" shell (arm rest)
- the inner lid piece (the part that has the cup holders when lid is open)
- the radio cover (flips out)
- the inside tray (non-cd type)
- the fuse cover
- and the piece that holds the unit to the floor in the back (this is metal on OEM console).
All these pieces match size and shape as the original and color is decent. The material is a thicker fiberglass. George had a mold made from an original OEM console pieces. I have pics if interested.