Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old April 13th, 2015, 01:30 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Anyone have an LED reverse light?

I'm looking for another clear LED reverse light like ECR used to sell and that we did a group buy on here a few years back. The one I need is the 837/04/02.

Anyone?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2397656406.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	440.1 KB
ID:	118241  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 13th, 2015, 01:38 PM
roverman2010
John
1985 LR 90 200Tdi

Registry
Do you to have round? I fitted a Hella LED worklite as a reverse lite and is brilliant
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	21-dec-14 004.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	118244  

Still looking for that place where I can carry a paddle and get asked what's that.

JnK Services
FC101 GS FFR
57 LR 88" SXF 858
85 LR90
95 D1 Tdi
05 D3 HSE
97 XK8 BRG FHC For Sale
Old April 13th, 2015, 02:15 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Yeah, it has to be round to match the one I've already got. I've got a set of five as for a NAS 90, but I want to put them on my new 130 with red/amber/clear on each side.

Worst case I just have to buy two of the OEM ones like came on the SVX, but these truck lite units are nice with screw covers, etc.

I think Truck lite discontinued these units while I wasn't paying attention.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 13th, 2015, 02:31 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

I used the wipac led NAS style LED.
Works great but the Hella worklight is the best back up assistant I've ever had.

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old April 13th, 2015, 02:43 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
Works great but the Hella worklight is the best back up assistant I've ever had.
^THIS. I wired up some switched LED worklights in the rear as well, and tied one of them into the reverse light...makes a world of difference.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old April 13th, 2015, 02:57 PM
Red90
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team

Registry
I use two LED flood lights mounted in the upper corners of the roof. They are actually useful for seeing behind you!!

Land Rover. Turning owners into mechanics since 1948.
Old April 13th, 2015, 03:11 PM
Roverenvy
Michael
1994 Defender 90

Registry
May I also recommend the Vision X....$103.99 off of ebay. I love it. This is what ECR uses now.

(my bad, I confused the cost of the real vision x with the knock off....I just looked up the receipt.)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	290.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	118267  
Old April 13th, 2015, 03:13 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I know there are superior solutions, but I'm trying to match this light. I don't need Ron to log on and remind me that I'm anal.

I've got the set of five just like this, but I want to make it an even six. These lights have a particular pattern on the lens and have nice little anti-tamper screw covers.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-3670017738.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	118268  

Old April 13th, 2015, 03:15 PM
Red90
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverenvy View Post
May I also recommend the Vision X....$20 off of ebay. I love it. This is what ECR uses now.
$20? For a real one? Show me!

Land Rover. Turning owners into mechanics since 1948.
Old April 13th, 2015, 03:17 PM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverenvy View Post
May I also recommend the Vision X....$20 off of ebay. I love it. This is what ECR uses now.
I wish I had paid $20! Either way, a great reverse light, three different beam patterns, and very low amp draw. That's a nice little set up you've got there as well!

By the way, dimensionally, they fit perfectly inside a standard hitch, that is if you're not using it. I have it set up as such in the hitch on the P38.
Old April 13th, 2015, 03:35 PM
Roverenvy
Michael
1994 Defender 90

Registry
EDIT: $100 shipped, not $20. It was one of the few things Urban got right!
Old April 13th, 2015, 03:49 PM
d90boy
keith humphreys
aka: Mr Fancy Pants

Registry
jim, send abe a note at safariHP. he got me a set. =)
Old April 13th, 2015, 04:37 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Jim, since you have the kit with the 5-lights already, are you doing both left & right bottom lights in "clear" (instead of the fog light in red)?

I'm actually thinking of switching my old rectangular-style lights (for the reverse & fog) to the round as well, but was just curious how you were going to configure them since the set of 5-lights it seems comes with the clear reverse light already.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old April 13th, 2015, 05:07 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Check the Perei NAS LED offerings. WIPAC LEDs have a different style to their brake/turn signals.

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old April 13th, 2015, 11:53 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
Jim, since you have the kit with the 5-lights already, are you doing both left & right bottom lights in "clear" (instead of the fog light in red)? I'm actually thinking of switching my old rectangular-style lights (for the reverse & fog) to the round as well, but was just curious how you were going to configure them since the set of 5-lights it seems comes with the clear reverse light already.
Right, I warn to have a matching pattern on each side - I'll move the rear fog under the tub and I want to add a third brake light Dow there too. Haven't quite worked that one out yet.

Old April 14th, 2015, 07:59 AM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
Right, I warn to have a matching pattern on each side - I'll move the rear fog under the tub and I want to add a third brake light Dow there too. Haven't quite worked that one out yet.
why would you put a third light down low? The idea is they are high so they can be seen through the car in front ..
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Old April 14th, 2015, 10:22 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastonce View Post
why would you put a third light down low? The idea is they are high so they can be seen through the car in front ..
Down low on a pickup is up high on a car. I think the 130 lights are a bit high in their stock locations.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted