Anybody know where I can find one of those cool fuel door covers.? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old February 8th, 2012, 09:02 AM
mightymo
matthew m
'95 Disco 300TDI

Registry
Anybody know where I can find one of those cool fuel door covers.?

For a defender.... Couldn't find any pics online. Have seen em on d90s and 110s.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 8th, 2012, 09:21 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
I'm not sure why I'm telling you this as I am still upset I didn't check the site last night and snag your anti-sway bars but...

http://defendoor.co.uk/
Old February 8th, 2012, 10:34 AM
brn24whl
Eric
1994 RRC SWB

Registry
Bill at GBR has them or at least had them
Direct Line 518-539-2231

If ordering on our online site please choose me as the sales rep. If placing a phone order please call me directly at the numbers above.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 8th, 2012, 03:48 PM
mightymo
matthew m
'95 Disco 300TDI

Registry
Thanks guys! Sorry about that Charles, parts went fast. Still got the drive shaft and control arms
Old February 8th, 2012, 04:13 PM
brn24whl
Eric
1994 RRC SWB

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalpin View Post
I'm not sure why I'm telling you this as I am still upset I didn't check the site last night and snag your anti-sway bars but...

http://defendoor.co.uk/
You need swaybars i think I have some used takeoffs in my personal stash. I can check next week when I'm back in the office.

Eric
Direct Line 518-539-2231

If ordering on our online site please choose me as the sales rep. If placing a phone order please call me directly at the numbers above.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old February 8th, 2012, 04:16 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
Site Team

Registry
Eric that would be great thanks - let me know what you have. I'd like to try setup a quick disconnect system for them so my truck is safer on road (my teenage daughter will be driving soon) but not have them off road (which I think Matt's had).
Old February 8th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I have a Defendoor. It's one of the those accessories you think is dumb and will never own one - until the day you can't open your fuel cap because the key hole is packed with mud. Been there....

Semper Fi!
Old February 8th, 2012, 06:08 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Get one direct from defendoor.co.uk like someone else pointed out...Mark Shelley is a good guy (ex-pat), he ships from overseas but it lands at your door in no time. His speaker boxes are also pretty cool.

My advice - order 2 for the time you leave it sitting at a gas station somewhere and forget to put it back on.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old February 9th, 2012, 12:07 AM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

Charles,
In the same boat as you....just wanted a set of disconnects and swaybar mount spacers. Tom M. beat me to the swaybar goodies. My current GBR axle rubs on my swaybar upon articulation as I have a 2 inch lift. I want the swaybar on road and to disconnect it off road.
Old February 9th, 2012, 08:36 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
Site Team

Registry
Clay, I'll let you know what I come up with. Someone said JK quick disconnects can be used (or modified to be used).
Old February 9th, 2012, 08:42 AM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

I have the connectors on my truck, but not the sway bars. Can they be used with the stock sway bars?

Old February 9th, 2012, 11:39 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
Site Team

Registry
What connectors do you mean? Are you saying you have the little dog bone pieces are still on your truck but not the sway bars themselves?

And to keep this thread remotely on topic (sorry for the hijack), My solution to not getting mud in the gas cap key hole, or losing expensive defendendoors is to have a non-locking gas cap. I'll never have a problem opening it and as long as I don't lose it I'm all set. I have left mine at a gas station before (sadly more than once) but they are available cheaply at most auto pasts stores.

I realize in certain situations a locking gas cap can be desirable, but we are not traveling through Africa or South America.
Old February 9th, 2012, 11:42 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
I realize in certain situations a locking gas cap can be desirable, but we are not traveling through Africa or South America.
Or NE DC!
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old February 9th, 2012, 03:30 PM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Quote:
Clay, I'll let you know what I come up with. Someone said JK quick disconnects can be used (or modified to be used).
Is this what you are looking at?:
http://store.jksmfg.com/merchant2/me...ar_Disconnects
Old February 9th, 2012, 05:31 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
Site Team

Registry
Yes. I haven't looked closely at the sway bar setup to tell if it would work, nor taken measurements, but thats the concept.
Old February 10th, 2012, 10:02 AM
brn24whl
Eric
1994 RRC SWB

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalpin
Yes. I haven't looked closely at the sway bar setup to tell if it would work, nor taken measurements, but thats the concept.
Charles I have a super simple sway bar disconnect plan that a friend makes. You weld so all you need is a couple hours and bingo done. I will check for the bars early next week and let you know.

Eric
Direct Line 518-539-2231

Old February 10th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
Quote:
What connectors do you mean? Are you saying you have the little dog bone pieces are still on your truck but not the sway bars themselves?

And to keep this thread remotely on topic (sorry for the hijack), My solution to not getting mud in the gas cap key hole, or losing expensive defendendoors is to have a non-locking gas cap. I'll never have a problem opening it and as long as I don't lose it I'm all set. I have left mine at a gas station before (sadly more than once) but they are available cheaply at most auto pasts stores.

I've added a teatherd DII gas cap. rivnut in fuel well to secure teather with bolt. perfect fit. Added that after losing my cap on way to URE couple years ago.
Old February 10th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Yudda
Rob
1997/300tdi/110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
I've added a teatherd DII gas cap. rivnut in fuel well to secure teather with bolt. perfect fit. Added that after losing my cap on way to URE couple years ago.

Great idea !!!! Off to look for one.........

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
body, cover, door, fuel