Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old May 16th, 2013, 04:37 PM
D904evr
NAS 93 110
NAS 97 D90 ST Black

97 Soft Top D90

Hello All,

Long time lurker I have been in love with the D90 series since I first saw one. I am now in a position to get my dream truck (saved those pennies for many years). Cash in hand and ready to buy for the right truck. Here is what I am looking for:

97 Soft Top
Black colored preffered but am open to all colors other than yellow
Clean,No rust or major issues, dents etc
Pretty much stock as I do not think it will be off-roaded much if at all.

Options that will be added if they do not come with D90
4 side by side seats in the back with rubber LR floor
SS hardware upgrade
Removable hard top (would like to know what is the best option)
badger soft top (have read this is the best you can get)?

I am open to a 95 ST but I want the wife to drive it as well so we have a truck that she can drive as well. I am afraid if it were a stick she may not want to drive the D90. I plan on keeing this for life....it will be a daily driver and garaged daily and probably kept in garage during the winter time.

Any advice is welcome as I am a rookie here. Any help with this "hunt" of mine would be welcomed and appreciated. I can be reached at: adam@hkparts.net or 801-440-5060

Thanks, in advance for those willing to help in this quest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 16th, 2013, 07:26 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

Adam,
What is your price range?
Old May 16th, 2013, 07:37 PM
D904evr
NAS 93 110
NAS 97 D90 ST Black

Good question....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDeWan View Post
Adam,
What is your price range?
Good question. A fair price for the buyer and a fair price for me as the buyer is the correct response. I know what extras can do to pricing. I also know what wear and tear can do to the values as well. Send me what you have along with what you need for it and we can go from there. What do you have?

An Inquiring mind would like to know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 16th, 2013, 08:36 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by D904evr View Post
Send me what you have along with what you need for it and we can go from there. What do you have?

An Inquiring mind would like to know
It's not what he has, but rather what we can post here as what we see as "good trucks" when they come to market. Suggestion: subscribe to this thread so that when someone posts here (potentially a truck you'd be interested in) an e-mail is sent to you to remind you to check this thread. We're not going to post a $45k truck here with low miles that is immaculate, if your budget is $25k for a higher miles rust-free truck. So let us know your budget.
Old May 16th, 2013, 10:28 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

An if the only reason your are considering a 97 is because it is an auto there are ways around that meaning a 94 or 95 that has either been converted to an auto or you can pick up a truck and have it converted to auto. I have no experience with 97s but I do know that they are OBDII compared to 95 and earlier OBDI. Yes I purposely left out any reference to 1996.
Old May 17th, 2013, 07:27 AM
D904evr
NAS 93 110
NAS 97 D90 ST Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
It's not what he has, but rather what we can post here as what we see as "good trucks" when they come to market. Suggestion: subscribe to this thread so that when someone posts here (potentially a truck you'd be interested in) an e-mail is sent to you to remind you to check this thread. We're not going to post a $45k truck here with low miles that is immaculate, if your budget is $25k for a higher miles rust-free truck. So let us know your budget.
I am looking for a clean truck either way. High miles are fine as long as the price reflects it. My budget is fairly flexible as I am looking for a good value with the upgrades. In a perfect world, I would like one that has had all the work done so I will not have to have it done. I realize that this will be more expensive and costly than a D90 that has been driven since the 90's with very little up keep or maintenance. I am open to a restored truck with upgrades such as a 300Tdi engine, etc. As long as the price is a fair and not a gouge session as seen on ebay and other places I have seen. In short, a nice D90 that will give many years of enjoyment and not fall apart on me as I drive it. I do realize there will be a significant amount of maintenance associated with any D90. I just do not want to be that guy fixing it every month to keep it running or from falling apart.

------ Follow up post added May 17th, 2013 05:31 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDeWan View Post
An if the only reason your are considering a 97 is because it is an auto there are ways around that meaning a 94 or 95 that has either been converted to an auto or you can pick up a truck and have it converted to auto. I have no experience with 97s but I do know that they are OBDII compared to 95 and earlier OBDI. Yes I purposely left out any reference to 1996.
I picked a 97 for one of a few reasons.

Last year they were imported into the US as a legal NAS (kind of neat I guess)
Automatic (main reason)
Seem to be some of the nicer units I see for sale (may just be my luck) as they are also the most expensive I have seen.
I also see more 97 blacks up for sale so that is another factor I suppose

Not sure what OBDII means but a quick google search and it seems it has to do with diagnostics? Am I missing a reliability issue with the 97's that I have yet to discover?

I just want a neat, classic near stock D90 soft top...decisions, decisions
Old May 17th, 2013, 07:47 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
I don't see too many 1997 Beluga Black D90s for sale, actually. And when I do they're usually in the $40-50 range. Are there any for sale right now that you like? If so, post it here, and what you see as a "fair" price you'd be willing to pay for it.
Old May 18th, 2013, 02:34 PM
D904evr
NAS 93 110
NAS 97 D90 ST Black

Talking Not a ton but they are out there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
I don't see too many 1997 Beluga Black D90s for sale, actually. And when I do they're usually in the $40-50 range. Are there any for sale right now that you like? If so, post it here, and what you see as a "fair" price you'd be willing to pay for it.
That is what I thought as well. I have been surprised by how well this post has been received. I am well on my way to getting my 1st D90 Thanks, everyone for contacting me so far. Keep those e-mails and PM's coming. This hunt would not be successful without all of your help!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old May 18th, 2013, 10:10 PM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by D904evr View Post
Hello All,

Long time lurker I have been in love with the D90 series since I first saw one. I am now in a position to get my dream truck (saved those pennies for many years). Cash in hand and ready to buy for the right truck. Here is what I am looking for:

97 Soft Top
Black colored preffered but am open to all colors other than yellow
Clean,No rust or major issues, dents etc
Pretty much stock as I do not think it will be off-roaded much if at all.

Options that will be added if they do not come with D90
4 side by side seats in the back with rubber LR floor
SS hardware upgrade
Removable hard top (would like to know what is the best option)
badger soft top (have read this is the best you can get)?

I am open to a 95 ST but I want the wife to drive it as well so we have a truck that she can drive as well. I am afraid if it were a stick she may not want to drive the D90. I plan on keeing this for life....it will be a daily driver and garaged daily and probably kept in garage during the winter time.

Any advice is welcome as I am a rookie here. Any help with this "hunt" of mine would be welcomed and appreciated. I can be reached at: adam@hkparts.net or 801-440-5060

Thanks, in advance for those willing to help in this quest.
Have you run into Copley motors in Boston? Lots of low mileage stuff at reasonable prices.

Clay

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
97, d90, top