Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old May 1st, 2008, 06:49 AM
mikeybob2@msn.com
Michael Sabanovich
1994 Defender 90 #1880

Registry
94 ST Sliding Window Needed

I am still looking to purchase a drivers side door sliding window frame complete with glass.. I would like it all put together. I tried to have my broken glass relplaced twice and either the tint doesn't match or it falls out when I hit a bump. I just need the drivers side. Any leads appreciated. Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 1st, 2008, 08:13 AM
SafariHP
Safari Heritage Parts
1983 Defender 110

I have one piece of genuine glass if that helps.
Old May 1st, 2008, 08:19 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Replacing all 4 panes of glass will be better than getting a new top. If its falling out, then the job just isnt being done right.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 2nd, 2008, 06:41 AM
mikeybob2@msn.com
Michael Sabanovich
1994 Defender 90 #1880

Registry
Window Tops

Unfortunately I cannot find anyone in Houston that can do it properly. The Rover recommended glass shop ordered the glass from England, charged me $300, the tint doesn't match, part of the rubber is missing, no window pull, rattles much more than the normal rattle, and falls out if you hit a bump. I'm at the point of just taking the windows/frames off. The ideal would be the ability to send both window tops to someone that could "expertly" replace the glass, rubber, etc. I haven't found that resource yet. That's why I am looking to buy one complete.
Old May 2nd, 2008, 07:01 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Dude chill - its gonna be OK. Rovers North has the glass, its part number RNH641 and costs $55.37. You can re-use your pull, or get a new one for a few bucks.

If the window is rattling, its because the felt is missing. New felt is also super-cheap.

I can tell you exactly how to do the job yourself on your kitchen table, properly, for cheap, but I posted a reply to this exact problem of your's back in October, so I'm guessing you aren't a DIY guy. Problem is here that you don't know enough about your own window tops to see if the work is being done correctly.

Not trying to bust your nuts, I'm just trying to keep you from making a simple cheap problem into a complicated expensive one.

If you want to DIY, I will be happy to post a detailed write-up on how to fix a door top.

Old May 4th, 2008, 02:18 PM
mikeybob2@msn.com
Michael Sabanovich
1994 Defender 90 #1880

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC

If you want to DIY, I will be happy to post a detailed write-up on how to fix a door top.
I would really appreciate it.. I like DIY projects and I was going to try last year but no one had the glass in stock and I found a thousand other projects that I needed to get done.. .. I will try to get the supplies ordered this week.

Thanks again..
Old June 1st, 2008, 04:39 PM
Billakris
Kris
Alpine White 95 Soft Top

Jim,

Did you ever post a repair manual for fixing window tops? I tried searching but I didn't find any "set by set" instructions.

Sorry if this is really easy, but I have been known to screw up simple things before and directions would be great.

If they are posted already thats cool, but I couldn't find it.

Thanks as always.
Old June 10th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Billakris
Kris
Alpine White 95 Soft Top

bump?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
window