Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old August 6th, 2015, 10:33 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
Let's not talk about that series or you will be visiting me in jail

LOL

However as much shit I would love to give ( aside from the one I always give him ), I must confess, this is one of the most rational, well thought decisions the Dro has ever made,

Lets analyze it, shall we:

2.5 readily available from Seinfield Friend
Seinfield Friend knows these suckers like he knows his coffee at a camp site
Seinfield Friend, will not seat back and watch the Dro f@#k it up, he will jump in and get it done in a day

all n all , this is the only way this truck will be road ready leaving Dro time to f@#k other things ( read BLING )

Bravo Pedro !!!
Advertisement

Old August 6th, 2015, 10:57 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbier View Post

LOL

However as much shit I would love to give ( aside from the one I always give him ), I must confess, this is one of the most rational, well thought decisions the Dro has ever made,

Seinfield Friend, will not seat back and watch the Dro f@#k it up, he will jump in and get it done in a day

all n all , this is the only way this truck will be road ready leaving Dro time to f@#k other things ( read BLING )

Bravo Pedro !!!
I've been practicing with the other trucks. ROFL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old August 6th, 2015, 11:25 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo

Registry
8 years?

That is a lot of practicing

ROTFLMAO
Advertisement

Old August 7th, 2015, 12:25 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:

LOL

Bravo Pedro !!!
Well put and agreed. My only concern however....waiting for his ass as he lags behind on the road while traveling to events this fall .
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old August 7th, 2015, 06:12 AM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
8 years?

That is a lot of practicing

ROTFLMAO
What can I say... Only that I learned from the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
Well put and agreed. My only concern however....waiting for his ass as he lags behind on the road while traveling to events this fall .
Show me the motor I need to install and I'll be there.

Unless you guys can shit one. I sure as hell can't

Besides... Anything I do, won't make any of you asshats happy. Sooo... suck it up you whineers

Old August 7th, 2015, 09:19 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
LOL- I agree with the Dro
Stick the 2.5NA in it and DRIVE!
Newman will be fair and hell, he will probably wait around and help you stick it in the truck before you can finish the first 24-pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon!
I predict this 2.5 swapover can be done in a weekend....if not less...maybe a day.

Newman hasn't been able to make time for his own engine swap, been trying to coordinate with him for two months. The stuff on his barn floor isn't install and roll condition. Most, like the one he just bought from Cal in California are non runners, just like what Pedro has now. They are parts donors.
Pedro doesn't have the wherewithal to take a pile of parts and make a running diesel

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old August 7th, 2015, 09:30 AM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Douglas View Post
Pedro doesn't have the wherewithal to take a pile of parts and make a running diesel
I kinda agree with you. If it's small stuff... head gasket, suspension, etc. I can do it at home.

But a motor replacement is a whole different scenario.

Old August 7th, 2015, 09:33 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dro View Post
I kinda agree with you. If it's small stuff... head gasket, suspension, etc. I can do it at home.

But a motor replacement is a whole different scenario.
That's not what Doug is saying....he means a total motor overhaul. Replacing a motor is just unbolting/bolting stuff up and is probably easier than a head gasket/etc.

You just need to find a transplant candidate. Did you check with Brian @ Defenders NW?
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old August 7th, 2015, 09:54 AM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:

that's not what doug is saying....he means a total motor overhaul. Replacing a motor is just unbolting/bolting stuff up and is probably easier than a head gasket/etc.

You just need to find a transplant candidate. Did you check with brian @ defenders nw?
I understood... I don't have the room to have a truck in parts and to overhaul a new motor.

Besides If I have issues... I call my Tech Support 1-800-CARLOS

Old August 7th, 2015, 09:58 AM
ranewman
Rick Newman
85 Defender 110

Quote:
That's not what Doug is saying....he means a total motor overhaul. Replacing a motor is just unbolting/bolting stuff up and is probably easier than a head gasket/etc.

You just need to find a transplant candidate. Did you check with Brian @ Defenders NW?

Actually what Doug is saying is that I have a pile of 25 year old motors. Now....1 would be a good transplant motor, in fact it came from NOVA. But....I cant warranty that with out some TLC and maybe a gasket or two how long it will last, and this is not your standard gas motor. The are is an art to a diesel.
I really don't want to be on the receiving end if it goes south (pissing contest on what/whos fault it is). Yes...I have sold motors in the past...and without any issues.
As for installing.....I have done it by myself in less than 24 hours....but being my store just kicked into overdrive...my time would be very limited as to the assistance I could provide.
97 Disco SD "Emma" (250k and going strong)
95 P38 "Gus" RIP
99 P38 Callaway Edition #106 RIP
85 Defender 110 2.5NA "Margret"
01 D2 SE7 "Cuzn It" (blown up POS)
03 D2 SE "Fred"
Hoarder of 2.5 NAD parts
"In God we trust. Everyone else keep their fucking hands where they can be seen."
Old August 7th, 2015, 10:01 AM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranewman View Post
Actually what Doug is saying is that I have a pile of 25 year old motors. Now....1 would be a good transplant motor, in fact it came from NOVA. But....I cant warranty that with out some TLC and maybe a gasket or two how long it will last, and this is not your standard gas motor. The are is an art to a diesel.
I really don't want to be on the receiving end if it goes south (pissing contest on what/whos fault it is). Yes...I have sold motors in the past...and without any issues.
As for installing.....I have done it by myself in less than 24 hours....but being my store just kicked into overdrive...my time would be very limited as to the assistance I could provide.
Gotcha

Old August 7th, 2015, 10:42 AM
ranewman
Rick Newman
85 Defender 110

The one I have I know for a fact is a good running motor...smokes a bit on start up...but clears up after a couple of minutes, and I/we all have heard it run. Needs a dam good cleaning and still has the oil in it. The others I have would need some TLC...and the one from the west coast is an unknown till it gets here.
95 P38 "Gus" RIP
03 D2 SE "Fred"
Hoarder of 2.5 NAD parts
"In God we trust. Everyone else keep their fucking hands where they can be seen."
Old August 7th, 2015, 10:50 AM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
The one I have I know for a fact is a good running motor...smokes a bit on start up...but clears up after a couple of minutes, and I/we all have heard it run. Needs a dam good cleaning and still has the oil in it. The others I have would need some TLC...and the one from the west coast is an unknown till it gets here.
Rick,

As you pointed out, these are +25 years old, mostly neglected, tractor motors. Anything out there will need TLC.

If you don't feel comfortable I'm kool with it... I understand and I don't want you to feel pressured or anything like that. Don't listen to these guys.

Old August 7th, 2015, 10:57 AM
ontheway
Dave
1986 RHD 110 SW OM617

Registry
Sold a really solid and reliable low-mile 2.5 to Dave stauffer and his brother earlier this year... I'm honestly not sure if they even had plans for it. May be worth reaching out to them?

Old August 7th, 2015, 11:05 AM
Jpayne
Jeff Payne
'83 110 3 Door

Registry
I still have the 200tdi here. Unknown condition but was pulled from a running truck. (I never saw it run.) You would want to do timing belt and some gaskets here and there I'm sure.
Old August 7th, 2015, 11:07 AM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheway View Post
Sold a really solid and reliable low-mile 2.5 to Dave stauffer and his brother earlier this year... I'm honestly not sure if they even had plans for it. May be worth reaching out to them?
I did the same with the one from mine so they may be able to let one of them go.
Old August 7th, 2015, 11:10 AM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheway View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
I did the same with the one from mine so they may be able to let one of them go.
I may be wrong... My memory is not that good with names...

But, I think they need them and also bought the ones Doug has in God's Country.

Old August 7th, 2015, 11:14 AM
Rugbier
Gustavo

Registry
Quote:
Rick,

Stop beating yourself, Pedro will benefit from that motor

Guarantees? please... when I got Shrek from Doug ( we all know how well he takes care of his trucks ) it was spot on, but 2 months later one of the freeze plugs started to act up, there is no way to predict the future of a motor

NO ONE can guarantee a used motor unless it is fully rebuilt and I am sure the Dor is not in the wagon to drop 2k on parts for a full rebuild

Pedro, if Rick is cool with selling you that one, GET IT

My $ 0.02 not that anyone cares
Old August 7th, 2015, 12:15 PM
ranewman
Rick Newman
85 Defender 110

PM sent to the Dro...
95 P38 "Gus" RIP
03 D2 SE "Fred"
Hoarder of 2.5 NAD parts
Old August 7th, 2015, 12:47 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
PM sent to the Dro...
Tag... You are it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted