Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old April 27th, 2009, 09:26 AM
toona
Toona
1994 D90

Registry
1994 D-90 - Looking for Bikini Top

I just bought a 1994 yellow D90..its been my dreamcar for about 12 years and I'm finally there. I've got a couple questions that I was hoping someone could help me with or point me in the right direction...

It came with a black Bestop soft top - I believe this is stock but I could be wrong (I thought I read somewhere that they worked with Bestop on the NA models), and now I'm looking for a bikini top for the summer. Where is the best place to get one (hopefully without spending $500)... is there anything I need to know in terms of the fitting/installation process (snaps, ties, etc)? Will they vary based on model year?

I apologize for the cluelessness - as you can probably tell, I'm yet to even remove the top off my new purchase. This site looks great though and looking forward to any help and sharing my experiences...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 27th, 2009, 12:31 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

New they are $200.
Old April 27th, 2009, 12:42 PM
toona
Toona
1994 D90

Registry
thanks.. where is the best place? do you happen to have a link?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 27th, 2009, 12:49 PM
specops1526
Brian
Beluga '97 90

Check Atlantic British or Rovers North. If you want the best, then go for a Badger Coachworks one: badgercoachworks.com. I prefer the Surrey tops over the Bikinis. You can even try the dealer to see if they have one left over in their stock, not likely, but worth a try.

-->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Beluga 97 D-90
Chawton 04 DII SE
Tangiers 04 DII G4
Old April 27th, 2009, 01:01 PM
toona
Toona
1994 D90

Registry
You're right - the Surrey looks like the way to go.. looks much better. Badger looks like the best but its $750 for the twillfast Surrey - might have to look for a used one. Thanks for all your help.
Old April 27th, 2009, 04:52 PM
specops1526
Brian
Beluga '97 90

Check here if you want the Bestop version:

http://roverconnection.com/

or

http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/LRNA71726G.cfm

-->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Beluga 97 D-90
Chawton 04 DII SE
Tangiers 04 DII G4
Old April 27th, 2009, 05:25 PM
badgerman
Christopher Laws
1964 Land Badger
D-90 Source Vendor

We also make vinyl bikini and surrey tops and the Badger I FDS in vinyl. This is what I call our economy line. It's priced lower than the Twillfast products with the same quality we are known for.

Chris
Badger Coachworks
Old April 27th, 2009, 05:57 PM
specops1526
Brian
Beluga '97 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerman
We also make vinyl bikini and surrey tops and the Badger I FDS in vinyl. This is what I call our economy line. It's priced lower than the Twillfast products with the same quality we are known for.

Chris
Badger Coachworks
Nice, if that's the case, I recommend the Badger...everyone compliments me on my half tonneau (and it hasn't even been washed in the 9 years I've had it!)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	90-3.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	19082  

-->
Beluga 97 D-90
Chawton 04 DII SE
Tangiers 04 DII G4
Old April 27th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Cred
Clarence
1994 D90 #1057

Registry
I just put on my newly purchased Badger surrey top since we hit 80 degrees. You won't be disappointed if you spend the extra dough for the Badger. I know I am happy with it.

Next I think door tops...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	90 surrey top.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	19084  
Old April 28th, 2009, 07:41 AM
toona
Toona
1994 D90

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cred
I just put on my newly purchased Badger surrey top since we hit 80 degrees. You won't be disappointed if you spend the extra dough for the Badger. I know I am happy with it.

Next I think door tops...
Thank you to all for your help and pics... I'm going to go with the Badger surrey - it looks the nicest by far. Specops - that tonneau looks awesome on the black, must be ideal in LA. You've got a very clean-looking rig.
Old April 28th, 2009, 07:57 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Good call on the badger - once you've been caught in a rainstorm in the stock surrey, you'll immediately appreciate the value of having the extra bit that wraps over the outside of the roll cage.

Old April 28th, 2009, 12:32 PM
specops1526
Brian
Beluga '97 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by toona
Thank you to all for your help and pics... I'm going to go with the Badger surrey - it looks the nicest by far. Specops - that tonneau looks awesome on the black, must be ideal in LA. You've got a very clean-looking rig.
Thanks! Good Luck with the badger stuff...good move. if you have the extra $$$ get the half tonneau too, you'll be happy.

-->
Beluga 97 D-90
Chawton 04 DII SE
Tangiers 04 DII G4
Old April 28th, 2009, 01:13 PM
bharris
Brad Harris
1994 d90 300tdi "Nola"

I love the look of the half tonneau... unfortunately you can't run it with jump seats so I just get to look at them with envy.

On the other hand I can't even figure out when to put my surrey on (weekend before last 2ft of snow, all last week 80 degrees, yesterday 6 inches of snow... welcome to Colorado i guess maybe I can go Surrey by July)
Old April 28th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Happyxhour
Robert
94/Defender

Hey Brad my problem exactly...they look great with the Badger half cab. I have inward facing jumpseats that I would prefer not to pullout but would not fit with half T.

Has anyone had any experience in cutting a half tonneau to fit rear jump\inward facing seats? Im guessing since my seats rise about 3-5 inches above the tub it would be hard to have a tight fit. Thoughts?

94 Defender 90 ST #16
68 Mustang J Code "California Special"
Old April 28th, 2009, 04:43 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

Sean,
I have a Yellow bikini Top if you are interested which I am using on my 94 AA truck. It was modified from a Rest of world bikini top I purchased off of ebay and it is in great condition.
Old April 28th, 2009, 05:45 PM
bharris
Brad Harris
1994 d90 300tdi "Nola"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyxhour
Hey Brad my problem exactly...they look great with the Badger half cab. I have inward facing jumpseats that I would prefer not to pullout but would not fit with half T.

Has anyone had any experience in cutting a half tonneau to fit rear jump\inward facing seats? Im guessing since my seats rise about 3-5 inches above the tub it would be hard to have a tight fit. Thoughts?
I'm sure Badger could make one with slots to fit the seats sticking up like a full tonneau cover has... unfortunately, the ST never came with the jump seats so although many of us have put them in afterwords there's no standard spot for them to be so you'd pretty much have to custom fit every one making them prohibitively expensive.

I'm not willing to give up my inward seats so I'll just do without a cover over the back.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
1994, 90, bikini top, d-90