1980-1989 Land Rover Defender - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Old June 22nd, 2015, 09:29 PM
Ranger_Vet68
Greg
None

I think you misunderstood what I meant by driving "Aggressively". What I meant was to drive in full control and manage the train in a Aggressive manner. As not driving in a "Non-Aggressive" driving on the open road. I have driven what you have expressed, but in shit American Trucks that can't do a damn thing. I was working with a F-350 Dually that had 4x4. The only good that truck was good for is towing Boats or the such. But that's where it ends. I'm not going to be living (Unless I choose Colorado) in a area where I need to climb step inclines. I'm looking at ranches in AZ, WY, and MT. AZ would most likely be best because I love the desert. But I do love the pure openness of both MT and WY. Thus is why I'm preparing what I want to drive year round, and of course changing out the tires for winter and summer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 22nd, 2015, 11:13 PM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
Ok I got a better picture now. For a point of reference this is what comes to mind when I hear "driving aggressive in the mud" 7 minutes of your life you can't get back - enjoy :-) And yes, I was there.
Old June 22nd, 2015, 11:58 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Not sure if my Suburban would classify as a shit American Truck but that thing does great in the snow. However - as said before - tires make a world of difference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 23rd, 2015, 07:31 AM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
I've spent time in Montana and Wyoming and the winters are a lot more than snow. They're cold as shit. I would highly recommend you put an ample amount of due diligence into the vehicle's heat, defrost and wipers. These in my opinion are weak points in the older Land Rovers, regardless of miles, that can put you in a bad spot quick. Land Rovers made a name for themselves in desert and tropic conditions, not so much colder climates.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old June 23rd, 2015, 08:43 AM
Ranger_Vet68
Greg
None

I drive a BMW Z4 (Believe me, I thought I'd never buy a BMW....long story) and I had to get to a location to where we we're Filming, and I drove though deeper mud than that video.....lol I apologize for calling American Trucks pieces of "Shit". That was a Very bad call on my part. I'll just say the one I was in was a..... I would LOVE to go back and buy an American Car or Truck. But when they start costing close to a MBZ or BMW, I have to lean to the "German" car. Hey, my first car was the '72 Pontiac Firebird with the 455 High Out Put. As for cold.....You may think I might be "Fibbing" you here. I trained up in Antarctica for two years before I was blessed to spend another five years in the Desert, and then my last four in South East Asia. Cold...Yep I know cold, and thank you Very much for bring up the subject about MT & WY.
Old June 23rd, 2015, 09:03 AM
Scottyoh
Enigma RnR
'87 127"
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddymow View Post
Ok I got a better picture now. For a point of reference this is what comes to mind when I hear "driving aggressive in the mud" 7 minutes of your life you can't get back - enjoy :-) And yes, I was there.
I read the last line of your post and then watched the video. All I could think was,"...and here we see Raub in his natural habitat." PML

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old June 27th, 2015, 11:47 PM
asif k.

I'll sell you a project 1988 D90 LHD soft top for 13k. Probably needs an engine, new soft top, a few dents but not bad body wise.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Classifieds > Wanted

Tags
defender, land rover, land rover defender